Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 11:38 AM

22,450 posts, read 29,629,721 times

Advertisements

WTF is going on here??

So I sent an email to a guy yesterday saying exactly this: Hey you. I saw your profile and was interetsted. I don't have exactly what you are looking for but I thought I'd drop you a line anyways. So is Match as exciting for you as it has been for me? LOL (signed name) (I accidentally inserted an extra T in interested. Simple typo error that I didn't see)

This is the response I get this morning:
You should probably spell-check your copy & paste e-mail before you send it out to a bunch of people you're "interetsted" in

My response: Excuse me? Wow, I accidentally inserted a letter and you turn around an insinuate things?? Why are you even on here?

Him: I insinuated what I did because your e-mail was so blatantly generic that I'm sure it was sent to a bunch of people, typo and all. And you're absolutely right, I've resorted to internet dating because of my inability to hit it off with a cat lady/CougarLife.com reject who struggles with spelling

I didn't even respond. WTF is that??? I mean unbelievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 11:38 AM

12,973 posts, read 34,043,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I'm sorry but I don't believe I owe anyone my personal family business until I feel they are ready to know it. It's none of his business why I had to reschedule PERIOD!!! I don't even know the guy!! And cancelling 3 hours prior is NOT last minute. If I wasn't interested, I wouldn't have mentioned rescheduling NOR calling the guy. I would have simply sent a text.
Thats okay. I guess people operate differently. If it were me, I would tell the person I am cancelling with why Im cancelling and will offer alternatives and get it scheduled while on the phone with them. Me, I would have said "Hey, my mom is really ill and wants to spend time with me to please understand why I have to cancel. How about we get together afterwards or lets set something up for ............... and put it in ink?" But that is just me. That would let the person know why I have to cancel and will show them I am still interested in meeting with them. Maybe this is how you should have handled it instead of getting so upset that you have to start a thread about it.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:44 AM

22,450 posts, read 29,629,721 times
Again I don't have to tell this guy ANYTHING and I DID offer to reschedule. I did clarify I was interested in meeting him before he turned around and started insulting me. BTW I never said it had to be Saturday night. It could have been during the day as I knew he didn't work on weekends.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:45 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,098,629 times
Par for the course on online dating sites, it's the RARE good person that you'll find there.
Most are just freaky jerks, and I don't have the time or inclination to weed through all of them.
Hope you meet someone worth dating in your "real" life.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:47 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,529,792 times
Quote:
WTF is going on here??

So I sent an email to a guy yesterday saying exactly this: Hey you. I saw your profile and was interetsted. I don't have exactly what you are looking for but I thought I'd drop you a line anyways. So is Match as exciting for you as it has been for me? LOL (signed name) (I accidentally inserted an extra T in interested. Simple typo error that I didn't see)

You should probably spell-check your copy & paste e-mail before you send it out to a bunch of people you're "interetsted" in

My response: Excuse me? Wow, I accidentally inserted a letter and you turn around an insinuate things?? Why are you even on here?

Him: I insinuated what I did because your e-mail was so blatantly generic that I'm sure it was sent to a bunch of people, typo and all. And you're absolutely right, I've resorted to internet dating because of my inability to hit it off with a cat lady/CougarLife.com reject who struggles with spelling

HIS loss that for sure!

Old 10-20-2011, 11:49 AM

19,819 posts, read 20,428,798 times
I would have blown him off for stuffed shells too.

:drool:

Old 10-20-2011, 11:50 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,300,761 times
Maybe people won't comment in your thread until you correct the typos <sarcasm>.

If someone got annoyed by something insignificant such as a typo imagine later on. Good riddance. Move on blondie.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:51 AM

19,819 posts, read 20,428,798 times
Wait, another guy already?

Old 10-20-2011, 11:52 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,994,314 times
Quote:
WTF is going on here??

I'm not sure why he bothered to reply if he thought your email was blatantly generic.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:54 AM

29,792 posts, read 34,600,981 times
Maybe all of this is a valuable lesson not to take the bait from jerks. Take the high road, delete his email, and don't be a jerk back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships