Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 04:34 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,803,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't want to call out specific members, but if you read the forum and pay attention you will see it.

There are a few men on this forum who want subservient, financially independent women. Even this thread shows something similar. Not so much about asking on dates, but the idea of subservience without financial dependence. Out of one side of the mouth people yammer on about the traditional lady who will kowtow. Women by their very traditional nature who require access to the money pockets. Out of the other side of their mouths they put forth warnings of women who will try to put their hands into the money pockets. You know the morons. The one's who desire a stay at home wife and yet balk at the idea of alimony. It's quite schizo and common on this forum.
LOL, I see your point on this. I think I need to just find a rich woman because while, I'm very much old fashioned in some ways, it takes 2 incomes these days anyway. Besides that, it looks like I'm going to have to change careers or do a bunch of crap jobs I don't want to do since my career is dessimated. So I need to find a woman who can see my good qualities and not expect me to support a family. God, I hate to even think this way, but life just didn't work out the way I planned.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,262,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I think I need to just find a rich woman because while, I'm very much old fashioned in some ways, it takes 2 incomes these days anyway.
What are the old-fashioned ways? Because expecting a rich woman to support you AND be submissive is pretty much laughable...

Old 12-28-2011, 04:42 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,673,854 times
I was in a restuarant recently and was waited on by a lovely Russian young woman..we got to talking (I guess it's the mother in me)and she said she had come to Florida to marry a stranger to escape poverty...the man after marriage turned abusive so she left him!I just felt so badly for her she was so young but looked so defeated!There are many desperate woman in foreign lands that are willing to risk everything to escape their dire situation!!

Old 12-28-2011, 04:47 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,811,445 times
Quote:
I don't want to call out specific members, but if you read the forum and pay attention you will see it.

There are a few men on this forum who want subservient, financially independent women. Even this thread shows something similar. Not so much about asking on dates, but the idea of subservience without financial dependence. Out of one side of the mouth people yammer on about the traditional lady who will kowtow. Women by their very traditional nature who require access to the money pockets. Out of the other side of their mouths they put forth warnings of women who will try to put their hands into the money pockets. You know the morons. The one's who desire a stay at home wife and yet balk at the idea of alimony. It's quite schizo and common on this forum.
I really have no idea which guys you are talking about...some went off topic and I ignored their posts. I could care less about having someone subservient I just want someone that I'm attracted to, has no kids, and won't write me off just because I don't drive a Mercedes and a big paying job. Why is that so hard when it comes to American women? If I have to go foreign to find this I will...

Old 12-28-2011, 04:48 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,062,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Good morning,

For the guys I've known who are interested in foreign women, it's not solely about getting married, it's also about being happy within that marriage. I don't think marrying a foreign woman and bringing her here is a foolproof solution, but it's what these men have determined to be their best option over continuous failure here.

Many average guys I've known are miserable in their marriages.
I think anyone that's meeting someone new/getting married would want to be happy. And perhaps the average men you know are miserable, but you know what? Most men in America are average. Do you honestly believe they are ALL unhappy? There are also happy average men. There are also happy and unhappy above average men as well, just based on the people of this website and their experiences of others.

I don't necessarily disagree with a guy that finds a nice women who happens to be from another country, but I don't think he can paint every women in certain countries with the same brush. There are great women in America as well as overseas. There are gold-diggers in America as well as overseas. I think others would rather him be more open to realizing that the grass is just as green as it is elsewhere: We are all people after all, striving for the same basic things.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:53 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,228,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I really have no idea which guys you are talking about...some went off topic and I ignored their posts. I could care less about having someone subservient I just want someone that I'm attracted to, has no kids, and won't write me off just because I don't drive a Mercedes and a big paying job. Why is that so hard when it comes to American women? If I have to go foreign to find this I will...
What exactly do you do that's so professionally horrible? What do you with your spare time? I don't buy the Mercedes claims. The country isn't totally comprised of trash and ghetto where bling rules.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Good afternoon,

I deleted all parts where I agree for the sake of preventing a long chain of replies.

I prefer to speak on the entire subject and not just narrow it to the posters in the thread. This is especially needed in a forum where people love to generalize. Out of curiosity, I've spent a lot of time on forums where men discuss this subject, and most of them are of the "I'm considering it because I have no options" crowd, not the "American women suck" crowd. The latter group is usually smaller and consist of those who are all talk and don't really take the plunge, based on what I've read.

Dating slightly overweight and single mothers is usually one of my recommendations for men who are at a last resort option. I don't think it's desirable, but when one is at their last resort, they should certainly consider it.

Based on my overall experience with this topic, these men also have issues with overweight women and single moms. Dating in a lower class is not necessarily a better solution, it's like finding a needle in a haystack. Outside of those who fell to tragedy, lower classes come with certain "lower values" that make it a relationship even more difficult for a marriage-minded man or woman. I say this as someone who grew up in and have plenty of career experience working with citizens of this background.

Also, keep in mind that lower class women may not want these guys either because they have more than enough attention from more attractive or more successful men. (Successful compared to their level)

I'm glad that women have rights now and am fine with the marriage rate going down as an unintended consequence of equality. (I wish we could reform divorce and family court policies, however).

I am only discussing this because you said the marriage rates go up and down due to economic concerns and I disagreed based on the charts I've seen that show a straight downward line in marriage rates for approximately 40 to 50 yrs.

I was hoping you had a link that covered the entire population's marriage rates historically (at least 1970 to 2010). I'm glad your demographic is doing fine.
Freedom you're totally proving my point...you're basically saying a guy like me should settle for an American woman I'm not attracted to...just because they all want to date up and want a guy that makes a boatload of money. Tell me exactly "why" I shouldn't go foreign again?

Old 12-28-2011, 04:58 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,228,373 times
Quote:
Freedom you're totally proving my point...you're basically saying a guy like me should settle for an American woman I'm not attracted to...just because they all want to date up and want a guy that makes a boatload of money. Tell me exactly "why" I shouldn't go foreign again?
I don't think anyone is telling you what to do.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
What exactly do you do that's so professionally horrible? What do you with your spare time? I don't buy the Mercedes claims. The country isn't totally comprised of trash and ghetto where bling rules.
I do plenty with my spare time...I go to Steeler/Penguin games...go to plays, concerts, hike, jog, lots of stuff. I have money to do things. It doesn't matter to American women... personality, interests, and looks all take a back seat to social status, job title, and material posessions. I have a medicore paying desk job and I'm trying to get a degree completed. This has been a dealbreaker to a lot of women I have had first dates with and women I have talked to. They don't come out and say it...you can just tell. I meet a lot of women from the online dating sites maybe that's the problem. I'm not settling.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:06 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
There are approximately 150million women in the US and they are all ineligible to you?

Let me tell you something, it isn't the women, it's you.

You will find fault with any women, US born or foreign
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships