Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2007, 09:54 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times

Advertisements

Dont have a court date yet, that will come to me when the docket is ready. He will get a subpeona and i will get a letter, that should be soon. The date will be sometime in November.

I have applied for permanent custody, and with that, I cannot apply for temp custody. Only if he is harm to the kids, then I can go to social services, and up until today, they have been with me.

I know his mother wants him to get those papers back. Threatening evidence on his part towards me...I will do this if you do that....4 pages of it.

Now, I must get all of these clothes together to wash. Just got off the phone w friend T fr work, asking me if there is anything else I need. So sweet. I told her no. LOL. There are a million things I need, I am sure. Her dh got me these table and chairs, helped move the couch and beds to the house, and she bought stuff for the bathroom. Such a sweet soul, I could cry.

She knew I would be back from taking the kids...I think it is why she called....

Oh, also, I had to go to the pharmacy. I am on sev diff meds for my epilepsy, RA, and Migraines. I know that some of the girls at my work have accts w the pharmacist. She owns the pharmacy, Mom and Pop. Goes to my church.

I asked her if i could open an acct w her and pay on my payday. Sure she says, when do you get paid? This Friday coming up...Ok...take care!

Another blessing. I am listening to Norah Jones again, suppose I should put something more upbeat in....

Something to get me moving with all I have to do.....

Lucy the cat is supervising, and she looks at me as though my work is not being done quick enough, because i am not loving her right now. She has lost weight. She is fat cat. The cats didn't eat the 1st 2 days...now they race the stairs.....pretty kitty. Mollie is lounging, not a care in the world.

MsV. Alexander will cut the grass. Has been doing it for a few years now, has his own mower. There is a neighbor kids who ranf the bell the other day....I told Alexander about that and he said Man...I got competition!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 03:28 PM

Ok, just NOW getting back from the laundromat....unbelievable. if I were washing at home i could be doing things all inbetween and everything. Nope, 3-4 hours there. 20 bucks. I say 80 bucks a month is way more than owning a washer/dryer.

My water is 20 a month, and the girl who lived here before said her elec for four was 110 a mo, and she washed a lot of clothes, her dh is a mechanic, so wash wash wash.

I wasn't even able to wash everything. MAN. Unbelievable. I think that L, the man who used to live here said he knows a man that sells w/d combos for 110. Thats a little over 1 mos worth of washing at a laundromat, really, if I wash everything, it will equal. I will call and talk to the kids around 7 or so.

Do miss them. Walked down earlier today to the service station my landlord owns and bought a can of soda, and his mom made me a sandwich. Talked to her for a while..

While bringing all the clothes in I was noticing the different bushes that need pruning. I am beat and all I have done is wash clothes....what in the world!

Old 09-08-2007, 08:49 PM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,684 times
I'm agreeing with your thoughts Robyn ~ you may need to wait a short while to make the purchase, but a w/d combo would be almost at the top of my list of things to buy ~ don't do too much tonight, get to bed early and in the morning, you can prepare for your sister's visit ~ what time is she coming?
get some rest dear.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsV View Post
I'm agreeing with your thoughts Robyn ~ you may need to wait a short while to make the purchase, but a w/d combo would be almost at the top of my list of things to buy ~ don't do too much tonight, get to bed early and in the morning, you can prepare for your sister's visit ~ what time is she coming?
get some rest dear.
She can't come, got home fr work and starts call. As of midnight,until the beginning of her next shift, so she can only be so far from home, and from here, she is 4 hours.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:08 PM

Took a nap after the laundromat and din't wake til 8. I had called the kids around 530 and Jim asked if I wanted to talk to them but they were eating. I said thats fine, have them call me when they are done.

I layed down with the phone next to me. I woke up thinking of Lindsay, and it rang, and it was her. I said How did you know i was just thinking of you baby girl? She said because i was thinking of you too!

I spoke with them both and he hurried Alexander off of the phone. Alexander sounded awkward and said ok mommy, I have to wrap this call up now.

What child talks like that to his mother? Not mine. I can imagine the words being mouthed to him.

They were at his sisters/moms house. I asked if they were going to church tomorrow. he said yes, I said what church, he asked and named my church. I am hoping so, but cannot count on it.

So, tonight I am alone in the house of chimes with Lucy and Mollie. I drank lemonade and watched Just like heaven. (Mollie was my couch tater tot)

It does feel lonely without the kids, but he does not enter my mind, as far as lonliness goes. I guess I have been w out him for so long, I dont know.

he did get the kids a few things, but did not get Alexander underwear....whatever. I asked him earlier today to wash whatever he may buy them before he brings it over. Why, because you have my washer and dryer came to mind.

I told him I wouldn't be able to do it til next weekend. Why? getting on my last nerve.... because when i come home from work i cook dinner for the kids and spend time with them, and they should not have to spend hours in a laundromat. Oh.

I know, dont engage. But he cannot see the hand infront of his face!

At any rate, the movie was good, have seen it a million times before. I think I will go do some stuff up stairs, and head for the bed.

I did have a burger and fries to eat today... LOL and the sandwich Mrs Brown made me..

Old 09-09-2007, 03:32 AM
sun

683 posts, read 2,125,327 times
Too bad Jim won't help to wash some of the kids clothes while they are visiting him.
If he was paying some support, maybe you would have a washer already.
We almost always hang our clothes out to dry here, does the House of Chimes have a working clothesline? It would help to save time spent at the laundrymat, electricity and drying costs.
Having a large house makes for great indoor clothes hanging options in the wintertime too, although nothing quite compares to frozen stiff clothes!

Old 09-09-2007, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
Too bad Jim won't help to wash some of the kids clothes while they are visiting him.
If he was paying some support, maybe you would have a washer already.
We almost always hang our clothes out to dry here, does the House of Chimes have a working clothesline? It would help to save time spent at the laundrymat, electricity and drying costs.
Having a large house makes for great indoor clothes hanging options in the wintertime too, although nothing quite compares to frozen stiff clothes!
No clothesline, I was telling a friend of mine i need to get one up. You can see where there is one end of one there, but not the other. Dont know what is up with that.

The cats woke me up. Strictly business with those girls. They are on the same schedule all week, guess they dont want me to miss work.....

I was thinking I would get one of those hexagon shaped clothes lines or something. I could at least get a used washer for about 50 bucks and hang out the clothes.

My Grandmother used to always talk about frozen clothes... and sure enough, when I would visit her, there would be stiff stuff on the line. I just dont like to hang my scrubs or towels on the line.

Wish my sister could have come, but she did say dependant upon her work schedule...maybe another weekend, guess i will get more stuff done around here.

Next weekend Lindsay gets Baptized!!!! YAY. I really want the kids to continue on in that church, but with jim having them, i dont know what will happen. Alexander was Baptized there, they have their Sunday school classes....etc... I don't want them to just not go to church anymore...one of my worries. It is a stipulation int he agreement though.

I am still tired. These kitty girls will have to get ready for work without me. Happy to have my bed, next i will be happy to have the frame underneath it...its down on the floor. All of our beds are....

You guys know I am an old grown up now.... Stayed up past midnight last night with the music blaring woohoo..lol

Old 09-09-2007, 05:36 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
I am excited for Lindsay. It wouldn't surprise me if Jim begins attending your church with the kids. For all the wrong reasons, but if you can muster acting happy about it, his interest may wane. Hopefully then he will begin to drop them off instead.

Just a heads up- the kids might come home with anecdotes about their time with Jim. I think that sometimes they subconsciously do that to test the boundaries, see what the reaction will be. I experienced that with my grand daughter when she would see her mom (it has been a couple of years now- once I stopped paying for to fly us both to LA for the visit). It was HARD..but I tried to act non-judgemental. (Phrases that I used- She is doing the best that she can right now. I'm sorry that bothered you, maybe you can speak to her about it. The rules in her house are different than ours. Oh, honey, that's too bad.) I'm not suggesting you ignore reports of verbal abuse, but the little things- we got to stay up til 1am, got to play video games for four hours, got to eat junk food all day...the things that she thought would ring my chimes...she was testing the waters and I tried to be non-judgemental.

RE: washing clothes- I bought one of those clothes racks on wheels- most of my work clothes go straight from the washer to plastic hangars and on to that rack. And I hang underwear on hangars with plastic clips. Keeps my garage from getting hot from the dryer.

Have a great Sunday. Hope the sermon will be written just for you!

Old 09-09-2007, 07:03 AM

I am tiptoe-ing around like I am going to wake someone or something.....forget all of that...time to start stomping and playing the music.....shoot! Gonna get ready for church, will see if the kids are there, then off to grocery shop.

He probably had the best of food and snacks and sugary stuff over at his place...i don't buy that stuff...bad for ya.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:16 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,533 times
I totally agree - the money issue is the only way that he can control you now. It's really not worth fighting over - you will get child support and there isn't anything that he can do about it except not pay - then eventually he'll be in trouble there. I know it's hard and so sad - and I am not taking his side at all - but just consider this. All of this time he has been able to call all of the shots - now - in the space of a heartbeat - everything in his life is changed and he doesn't have the strength to control it. That makes it scary - and the biggest reason why you should not get drawn into the verbal fighting with him. When people are backed into a corner they get mean.
A little thought about who is living with him. Yes - you have a right to know - but she is his mother. He actually could have girlfriend move in and unless you can prove that she is hurting the kids you can't hold back the children. The courts usually have the stance that until something happens you have to let them go. I went round and round with that and finally put my foot down and said no - but it took a lot and I had a lot of other things on my side. It sounds like you do too - but just be careful - pick your battles. It sounds crazy - cause they are your life - but take it one day at a time....
Another thing that I was told to do and it really helped. Keep a calendar book and write down everyday what you did for the children and how much you spent, etc.... Also write down everytime you called the school, dr, how long the homework took that night, sports practice, etc. And then write down everytime he calls you and the kids and what he wanted. The idea here is that you have all of the responsibility and he has no input except to call and harrass you about money....That really is telling and will show that you work and do it all - and he does nothing to help. Write it all down - it will help!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships