Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 03:58 AM

545 posts, read 1,555,918 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have a story of when they got friend-zoned inititally but the other person eventually fall in love with them?

That happens a lot in movies but I'm not sure if it's common in real life.

I did get friend-zoned by a girl. I was bitter about but now I'm just happy that we're still (good) friends. Since we're both in our early 20s, she might not be mature enough. Maybe she'll change her mind after 5 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 04:06 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
I've been wondering why women friend-zone men. Is it only because the guy is not attractive enough?

If you guys can be close friends then it shouldn't be his personality that's the problem... so it must be the looks.
Just because you get along with someone personality-wise does not mean you want to hitch your wagon to his.

I have friends I adore but I think they are a little flakey or too bossy, etc, etc, etc. Just because I like them as friends doesn't mean I would want to date them.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:37 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Does anyone have a story of when they got friend-zoned inititally but the other person eventually fall in love with them?

I did get friend-zoned by a girl. I was bitter about but now I'm just happy that we're still (good) friends. Since we're both in our early 20s, she might not be mature enough. Maybe she'll change her mind after 5 years.
Maybe you will, too, or maybe circumstances will change and it won't matter where her mind is and what she thinks.

[don't wait and definitely don't wait five years]

Old 02-25-2012, 04:45 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
I've been wondering why women friend-zone men. Is it only because the guy is not attractive enough?

If you guys can be close friends then it shouldn't be his personality that's the problem... so it must be the looks.
For the same reason men friend-zone women: he doesn't like her like that.

[it's no big deal]

Old 02-25-2012, 07:45 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
Quote:

I wouldn't say my friends were "friend-zoned inititally", but all of my friends were friends before they fell in love. Friends DO fall in love, but it doesn't always happen either. Friendship is a rich experience and I'm not skipping that.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:56 AM

607 posts, read 1,216,942 times
Quote:

Yes! Well, I'm a girl and I had a friend who asked me out and I told him we should just be friends and we did. A year later, after we'd become really close and gotten to know each other better, I changed my mind. I don't know about falling in love, but we did fall in like.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:38 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snd485 View Post
Yes! Well, I'm a girl and I had a friend who asked me out and I told him we should just be friends and we did. A year later, after we'd become really close and gotten to know each other better, I changed my mind. I don't know about falling in love, but we did fall in like.
Not good enough. He should move on. Sorry.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:08 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:

Good to hear Malkiel. I couldn't do that, if I'm attracted to a girl and she doesn't like me the same way than I break up contact with her. Enjoy her friendship but don't expect for her to change her mind. If it happens it happens.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Rarely happens. Movie material. Kind of like that movie with Cameron Diaz and Ben Stiller, forgot the name since I don't like either of them.

I think that, if there isn't an initial spark, it remains at the friendship level. The exception is in countries with old world values where couples are matched by families and the caste system and they "learn to love each other."

Old 02-25-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
if I'm attracted to a girl and she doesn't like me the same way than I break up contact with her.
Yep, as quickly as possible. It's the best thing for your emotional health. I have never had this work over the long-term. In fact, many times it did not end amicably when extended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships