Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 07:21 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,212,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignutz View Post
It's not a confidence issue, but I understand where you might think that is the case.

But let me put the scene together for you from a man's perspective: once you give me your number without me asking for it, you have now let me know that you want me to f_ck you, and any talk or thinking about dating you or being involved relationship with you will come later after I get laid... but it's highly unlikely now that I know you are a very forward woman and have no problem putting yourself out there when it comes to your sexual needs.

If there are any guys who think I'm over stating this, please post your thoughts.
You are dude, just because a girl asks you out doesn't automatically mean she's going to drop her panties that night. Many girls asks guys out because they want to get to know the guy, not their dick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 07:22 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,742,527 times
Quote:
It's not a confidence issue, but I understand where you might think that is the case.

But let me put the scene together for you from a man's perspective: once you give me your number without me asking for it, you have now let me know that you want me to f_ck you, and any talk or thinking about dating you or being involved relationship with you will come later after I get laid... but it's highly unlikely now that I know you are a very forward woman and have no problem putting yourself out there when it comes to your sexual needs.

If there are any guys who think I'm over stating this, please post your thoughts.
Thanks for posting.

I am absolutely going to be doing more of giving my number out in social situations if only to weed out men who think they way you do. Great time saver.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:27 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Thanks for posting.

I am absolutely going to be doing more of giving my number out in social situations if only to weed out men who think they way you do. Great time saver.
There are websites that let you design your own business card, and they're free. All you pay is shipping. You can make a card that's not necessarily business-related, but has your phone number on it, and maybe some personal characteristics or a joke, or something---some personal P.R., and carry a few to hand out. Easier than fishing for a pen and a napkin in a club or at a park.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:30 PM

178 posts, read 376,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Thanks for posting.

Yeah, right, let me know how that works out for you. And by the way, I know that women, including yourself, are still very affected about appearing, shall we say, loose. Sorry if it's too raw, and I even asked feedback to correct my perception, which I could be mistaken as not widely the case. Don't know till we hear from others.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:32 PM

399 posts, read 581,872 times
This is an entertaining and enlightening thread!

Old 05-03-2012, 07:36 PM

399 posts, read 581,872 times
I always wondered why the guys I seemed to really fall for never initiated contact first. I actually fell for one guy who flat out said he doesn't chase women, he waits for them to do the chasing. What does that say? Is it a sign of being really laidback or lazy? What's that about?

Old 05-03-2012, 07:37 PM

Okay, please cool down all. I'm not calling anyone a prostitute, maybe just saying a women who gives out her number is seen a easy by some guys... maybe most, we'll see.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:38 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:

But let me put the scene together for you from a man's perspective: once you give me your number without me asking for it, you have now let me know that you want me to f_ck you, and any talk or thinking about dating you or being involved relationship with you will come later after I get laid... but it's highly unlikely now that I know you are a very forward woman and have no problem putting yourself out there when it comes to your sexual needs. If the sex doesn't happen soon, the guy will feel like you tricked him into dating you.

Whoa, what? Just because I approach a guy and I'm interested in him doesn't mean I automatically want to have sex with him. Is this really how men think? That women ONLY want sex if they talk to a guy?

So if I approach a guy, have a nice talk, ask him if he would like to go out sometime and don't sleep with him immediately he's going to think I somehow 'tricked' him into dating me?

Sheesh.... I don't want to have sex with every guy I approach or see.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:39 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:

But let me put the scene together for you from a man's perspective: once you give me your number without me asking for it, you have now let me know that you want me to f_ck you, and any talk or thinking about dating you or being involved relationship with you will come later after I get laid... but it's highly unlikely now that I know you are a very forward woman and have no problem putting yourself out there when it comes to your sexual needs. If the sex doesn't happen soon, the guy will feel like you tricked him into dating you.

Don't be ridiculous (where do the find these guys??) It only means she enjoyed the conversation or dance with you, and thought it was worth seeing if you two might get along and have anything in common.

Jeez, on one thread we have a guy squawking about women not taking the initiative and not paying for dates, and here we have a guy who assumes just because a woman gives him her number, she's a prostitute. We can't win around here, can we, ladies?

Wait, are you the guy who inspired the "creep" thread?

Old 05-03-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Whoa, what? Just because I approach a guy and I'm interested in him doesn't mean I automatically want to have sex with him. Is this really how men think? That women ONLY want sex if they talk to a guy?

So if I approach a guy, have a nice talk, ask him if he would like to go out sometime and don't sleep with him immediately he's going to think I somehow 'tricked' him into dating me?

Sheesh.... I don't want to have sex with every guy I approach or see.
Not, it's not approaching and "talking to guy", it's giving him your number when he doesn't ask for it. Your approach just went from a friendly talk to a booty call invite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships