Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 06:18 PM

900 posts, read 1,701,920 times

Advertisements

I believe this to be true. So when , as a female , can you initiate contact? How long to let him do all the initiating of contact?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 06:23 PM

399 posts, read 581,619 times
The first guy i dated, I initiated and looking back, I don't feel I would do it again. But I feel you can initiate at any time, if you feel that the feeling is mutual.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:25 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,924,278 times
Do it whenever, if a guy isn't interested he'll say no. It is no different than a guy initiating conversation with a girl... if she isn't interested she'll say no..

Not too much more to discuss here..

Old 05-03-2012, 06:28 PM

102,198 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
I believe this to be true. So when , as a female , can you initiate contact? How long to let him do all the initiating of contact?
I'm not sure what this question means, could you clarify?

This is a good topic. i have a question. Why are some guys kind of lame and awkward about initiating contact? If you see someone you like at the coffee shop on a Sunday morning, and she responds in a friendly manner, doesn't it make sense to go back the next Sunday morning to see if she's there, and talk to her? Rather than waiting until the next random encounter somewhere? I've seen guys who are definitely interested, but they never figure out how to "close the deal", so to speak. The next chance encounter might be at a bad time, there might not be an opportunity to talk, so doesn't it make sense to try to make the most of an opportunity when it does arise?

Old 05-03-2012, 06:32 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times
It should be at least 60 / 40. One person should not do all the contacting. If you want to talk with him, be an adult and communicate.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:39 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,506,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
It is also the other way around. If she does not contact me, then not interested.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:46 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

This is a good topic. i have a question. Why are some guys kind of lame and awkward about initiating contact? If you see someone you like at the coffee shop on a Sunday morning, and she responds in a friendly manner, doesn't it make sense to go back the next Sunday morning to see if she's there, and talk to her? Rather than waiting until the next random encounter somewhere? I've seen guys who are definitely interested, but they never figure out how to "close the deal", so to speak. The next chance encounter might be at a bad time, there might not be an opportunity to talk, so doesn't it make sense to try to make the most of an opportunity when it does arise?
Why can't she initiate contact? Guys can use that same logic that girls can.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:47 PM

178 posts, read 376,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Here is my 2 cents. A woman should never offer of give a guy her number. A guy needs to take the initiative to ask for it. If he doesn't, there is a reason for it, including he is not interested having anything more than coffee shop encounters with you. Unless the guy is a social retard, no guy is too shy about asking for your number, it's too easy to do... "hey, give me you number and I'll text you the link/direction/etc."

There is one other related item you should be aware of. Some guys, including myself in certain situations, find it a turn off when they are no longer the pursuer, the one doing the chase. It's weird concept but sometimes it feels like it deprives us of playing that part of our role as a man. I know it's crazy and we should get over it, but it somehow affects libido and sexual desire. For example, I use to think it would be great to have a hot woman just come up to me at a bar and say, "lets go to your place and screw our brains out." Guess what, happened to me twice and it totally turned me off, no room for me to be the hunter, my tube snake wasn't interested in that boogie, and I didn't go through it. Go figure, and I may be different from others in that regard. Good Luck.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:51 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,622,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignutz View Post
Here is my 2 cents. A woman should never offer of give a guy her number. A guy needs to take the initiative to ask for it. If he doesn't, there is a reason for it, including he is not interested having anything more than coffee shop encounters with you. Unless the guy is a social retard, no guy is too shy about asking for your number, it's too easy to do... "hey, give me you number and I'll text you the link/direction/etc."

There is one other related item you should be aware of. Some guys, including myself under the circumstances, find it a turn off when they are no longer the pursuer, the one doing the chase. It's weird concept but sometimes if feels like it deprives us of play that part of our manly role. I know it's crazy and we should get over it, but it somehow affects libido and sexual desire. For example, I use to think it would be great to have a hot woman just come up to me at a bar and say, "lets go to your place and screw our brains out." Guess what, happened to me twice and it turned me off, no room for me to be the hunter, and didn't go through it. Go figure, I may be different in that regard. Good Luck.
Most of my guy friends have said the same thing...that it's a huge turn off and makes the girl look 'easy' if she makes the first move.

Personally, I don't give a crap and if I like someone I'm going to pursue it. I went out with a guy last week, he immediately texted me after the date telling me what a great time he had, then texted me on and off for the next two days...then nothing. So, I made the initiative and asked him on a second date and we're going out again this weekend.

If a guy can't handle a confident woman, then we're obviously not meant to be

Old 05-03-2012, 07:16 PM

178 posts, read 376,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
If a guy can't handle a confident woman, then we're obviously not meant to be
It's not a confidence issue, but I understand where you might think that is the case.

But let me put the scene together for you from a man's perspective: once you give me your number without me asking for it, you have now let me know that you want me to f_ck you, and any talk or thinking about dating you or being involved relationship with you will come later after I get laid... but it's highly unlikely now that I know you are a very forward woman and have no problem putting yourself out there when it comes to your sexual needs. If the sex doesn't happen soon, the guy will feel like you tricked him into dating you.

If there are any guys who think I'm over stating this, please post your thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships