Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 07:48 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastthemiddle View Post
Wow!

This is a conservative group with some very traditional ideas about how women should behave.

Let me ask a question- why is it so hard to hear about another guy? I get it if its incessant and the date in question is clearly not over them, but a mention in passing seems innocent enough.

And, let's play Devils Advocate for a minute-- anyone want a woman with a bit of a sexual past? Wouldn't that mean she might be less inhibited and more confident? Why does someone who has slept with ten, fifteen, or a couple of dozen people over a period of years mean they are less desirable as a partner? Maybe they are just picky and healthy-- they have a decent sex drive which needs satisfaction, but they haven't found the person they want to end up with. Should they deny themselves? Would you?

Sorry, but I think that all this talk of numbers, promiscuity and "skankiness" is just kind of sexist. I know plenty of very attractive, smart, successful women who carry themselves with class and have slept with quite a few men. And I can say the same about many of the males in my acquaintance. Maybe its best just not to broach this subject with people. I don't think it makes a darn bit of difference if they are disease free, discrete and focused on their current partner.
because thats the way it is. Women who sleep around have been labeled "whores" "sluts" "undesirables" since ancient times. I would think that a guy that sleeps around a lot would be undesirable to a girl just as a girl that sleeps around a lot to a guy.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:33 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,220 times
Very few things I get turned off by other than a girl being ugly, not picky if a girl is nice and cool

- Conservative
- Vegan (pretty much all vegans have an eating disorder/mental problems)
- Has kids
- Too religious
- Too old/young (prefer between 18-50)
- Too closely related, has to be first cousin or more distantly related.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:34 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,704 times
Do you often wind up on dates with cousins?

Old 06-13-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Do you often wind up on dates with cousins?
No, a lot of my first cousins are hot but they have bad/snooty personalities. The only one I'd want to date is married so it's probably unlikely I'd ever date one of my first cousins unless there's a long lost one. I slept with a woman I think is my second cousin though.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:52 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,704 times
Here is what I was trying to post

Dueling Banjos (HD) - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Why in the world would someone want to date their cousin? That's disturbing.
Didn't you read his post? He said it's a turn OFF. Plus, they have bad personalities, despite how hot he thinks they are.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:54 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
No, a lot of my first cousins are hot but they have bad/snooty personalities. The only one I'd want to date is married so it's probably unlikely I'd ever date one of my first cousins unless there's a long lost one. I slept with a woman I think is my second cousin though.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:25 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Wtf. Who sleeps with their cousins? Where the hell are you from Arkansas?

Old 06-13-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Wtf. Who sleeps with their cousins? Where the hell are you from Arkansas?
You shouldn't be such a rude jingoist about other people's cultures. I'm not black and I slept with a black woman, gonna harp on that too?

Old 06-13-2012, 08:48 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,710 times
Quote:
You shouldn't be such a rude jingoist about other people's cultures. I'm not black and I slept with a black woman, gonna harp on that too?

Thanks ever so much for making me spew tea on my keyboard!

Old 06-14-2012, 01:53 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,428,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
The counterpart thread to what turns women off when dating. Guys what are your dealbreakers?
People not being themselves because of some notion of what might or might not be a "turn off when it comes to dating".

I want people to be who they are. Not who they think they are required to be on a date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships