Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 09:48 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
For me, a big turn off that stands out:

-Women who value superficial fashion over comfort, or otherwise don't know how to look good and be comfortable. What I'm really talking about is women who want to wear high heels, try to convince you and themselves that they're comfortable, but don't want to walk two blocks to the car, take them off and walk barefoot, and/or later either show signs or complain their feet hurt.

I agree with you, but almost every woman will do this, the ones of us that aren't willing to, suffer the consequences. LOL. Men like the women that wear the 5 inch heels and all that make up and crap (despite them saying otherwise).

Old 06-12-2012, 10:11 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,289,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I agree with you, but almost every woman will do this, the ones of us that aren't willing to, suffer the consequences. LOL. Men like the women that wear the 5 inch heels and all that make up and crap (despite them saying otherwise).
You can't be serious because that is not true. Some men, yes. But when you say "men" you are saying all men.

Overall I like your posts but I have seen this from you too often -
lumping all men together in an unfair stereotype.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:24 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,825,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Yeah that's happened to me a few times. A women could be like a 8 or 9, but if she smokes it drops her down to like a 2.
but if there were 3 women together....one that was morbidly obese, one that was an actual 2, and an 8 or 9 that was smoking I guarantee the good looking woman smoking would get by far the most male attention. You might say you want "none of the above". Fine, but I think obesity and ugliness and underrated on this thread on what turns off men compared to everything else.

Last edited by Jay F; 06-12-2012 at 10:40 AM..

Old 06-12-2012, 10:38 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,825,562 times
Quote:
I think you are actually in the majority. I rarely see women wearing heels unless it's a special occassion or they are going out on the town. I see the comfort look more than ever.

Women won't admit it or aren't aware of it on a conscious level but I wonder how much influence men who criticize heels and the superficial look have had in women dressing for comfort? I say that because I saw a discussion about women wearing less lipstick than ever. The guys who like seeing women wear lipstick (and I'm one of them) blamed blue collar men. They said these men want women to look as "real" as possible and hate (and feel intimidated) by the glamour look. Women tend to like these domineering (and insecure) men who say "no heels, no makeup, look plain" so women have changed to please them...once again on a subconscious level.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:55 AM

120 posts, read 211,833 times
My biggest turn-offs are:

1. Hairy women.
2. Very dark women, especially if they are bald. A woman needs to have some hair on her head and I prefer long hair.
3. Women with very big noses (I don't find hooked and very big noses particulary attractive)
4. Very obese women.
5. Women who smell bad.

Last edited by Cyborg; 06-12-2012 at 12:20 PM..

Old 06-12-2012, 11:59 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,109 times
We really have a good list going here. Cyborg, when you say very dark women, do you mean very tanned, Latin, or African American? I don't like very tanned women because I know they are ruining their skin. I do like Latin women though. Agree on everything else you said.

4,217 posts, read 7,304,232 times
What does everyone have against heels and makeup!?! Geesh!

2,006 posts, read 4,308,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
This is hilarious. Couldn't rep you again. So, you like ready-made families and Fresno?
I have to travel there later on next week, i'm expecting to deal with a ready made purgatory . Although that comes with the territory, i'm expecting to see lots of trolls and orc's when I hit up dtwn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Those of you who mentioned women who lack a college education-

What are the biggest differences between women who do and don't have college educations that really makes the difference for you?

Do you think you can usually tell who actually went to college versus somebody who didn't? If so, what are the telling signs?
It doesn't make that much of a difference, to be honest I really don't care too much about it. I think the telling and more unattractive thing is when a girl starts to brag about her degree's like a dude, that's straight up unattractive and a deal killer (and a reason to walk out on the date).

Quote:
I love a girl in heels!
(as long as she isn't gravitationally challenged)

Old 06-12-2012, 01:06 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
What does everyone have against heels and makeup!?! Geesh!
I have no problem with, although too much makeup on a women can be a bad thing if she looks like a clown or she wears makeup that doesn't match her skin tone.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:36 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,983,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I think you are actually in the majority. I rarely see women wearing heels unless it's a special occassion or they are going out on the town. I see the comfort look more than ever.

Women won't admit it or aren't aware of it on a conscious level but I wonder how much influence men who criticize heels and the superficial look have had in women dressing for comfort? I say that because I saw a discussion about women wearing less lipstick than ever. The guys who like seeing women wear lipstick (and I'm one of them) blamed blue collar men. They said these men want women to look as "real" as possible and hate (and feel intimidated) by the glamour look. Women tend to like these domineering (and insecure) men who say "no heels, no makeup, look plain" so women have changed to please them...once again on a subconscious level.
I don't doubt some men are intimidated by glam, because I know I can be. You have to learn to see through that stuff. It's superficial. But I think it's more a secure/insecure thing than blue collar, although I'd imagine insecurity highly correlates with blue collar. Think Roy on The Office.

Personally, it's been what I deem classier women that wear minimal make up and sensible shoes (classy flats or slip on's VS heels), and those are the women to whom I am most attracted.

Actually, I was talking to a woman the other day who grew up in the sort of established upper class set of my city and she started talking about not liking heels for some reason and that's what reminded me of my ex and the high heel story I told. The woman I was talking to learned from others around her. My ex learned from magazines, tv, and Madison Ave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.