Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 05:07 PM

40 posts, read 341,544 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have another interesting question.

A while back I had a co-worker ask me if I wanted to go with him to the local strip club to chill out.

I had another co-worker (who is female) who overheard the conversation comment something that sounded like she wouldn't respect anyone going to the strip club. I ended up not going cause something came up but I was wondering on her comment ever since.

I could understand if we were married it would be disrespectful to your wife, but both of us are single dudes. It only for fun and to have a drink or two.

What wrong with going to the club and relaxing after a long week of work? What are your thoughts ? Do you approve or disapprove?

Which leads to my second question.

Do any of your ladies out there go the strip clubs? and why? to have fun and chill out? Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 05:13 PM

27,339 posts, read 27,391,872 times
So what, people go to strip clubs all the time, big deal. Its their business. Its when a person is married and does more than just 'watching' that counts.
Heck, when I was married, my sis in law and his parents and I all chipped in and hired a strip dancer to come to our house and dance with him on one occaision, we videotaped everything. He was so embarrressed, but the only thing that happened was they danced a couple of dances together. Of all the people that were there, he was the only one who was shocked, the rest of the guys, his friends, were all google-eyed, lol. But it was all in fun.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:17 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,589,981 times
IMO it doesnt matter, if you are into that at lunch or whatever, but I would be careful who you talk to back at the office.

Women have differing opinions, personally I wouldn't care, although someone from an older generation might feel offended.

As for women, lol- at our 21st party my friends took me to one- It wasnt really my thing- sort of funny.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:33 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,860,998 times
Strips clubs - Do I approve? No I don't. You wouldn't catch me anywhere near a strip club, and personally, I wish these types of establishments would disappear.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:38 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,252,821 times
3 of my agents are dancers at a local, and rather large, "Gentlemens" club. All three started dancing to finance their college tuition (and now grad school). They did not want any student loan debt and their parents were not financially able to be of much assistance.

All three got their real estate licenses a few years back (when the market was hyper-ventilating) and they started investing in property -

One young lady recently stopped dancing, has graduated with a masters in structural engineering and has accepted a position with a very fine engineering firm. She is also very financially well off.

The other two are doing quite well too -

To answer the original question - yes, I have gone, and go, to strip clubs. After all, it is "strictly business"

Old 09-24-2007, 05:45 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,252,821 times
In Las Vegas, we have "Chippendales" and "The Thunder from Down Under" - all male strip show for women

Packed every night - 100's of women every night.

AND, you think men go crazy at strip clubs? Compared to the women at these shows, the mens clubs are quiet like a library

Old 09-24-2007, 05:55 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,189 times
Have no problem with them myself as long as they are above board and legal. I think the only time I would have a problem is if my hubster was going every weekend and blowing a significant amount of money. Once in a while is ok and as long as he's only looking with no touching ... mind you they're not his cup of tea, so I've got no worries!

I've been to a couple but as part of a larger group. Wouldn't make it my weekend hang out though.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:56 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,845,625 times
If the person is single - GO AHEAD, if the person is married - NO.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:07 PM

989 posts, read 2,761,795 times
I think it is a bit of a double standard for *most* women to get offended if a guy enjoys going to a club to enjoy the female body while finishing a beer. Maybe if she never watches soap operas or reads Cosmo, but otherwise.... HYPOCRYTE!!!

Old 09-24-2007, 06:14 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,603,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Strips clubs - Do I approve? No I don't. You wouldn't catch me anywhere near a strip club, and personally, I wish these types of establishments would disappear.
Great post Mike - as always!!!

I'll post on here later when I have more time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships