Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 02:34 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Because most people who seem to post on here claim they can't find a woman because they say they are a nice guy.

i think only a handful of guys on here are truely nice and a gentleman though. Most just wine.
True PF. But I made this thread because I've heard the term used on threads that had nothing to do with nice guys.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:36 PM

154 posts, read 155,844 times
You know, I didn't think this whole "nice guy" victim mentality thing was such an epidemic. Must be all the food additives.....

Old 07-03-2012, 02:38 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
True PF. But I made this thread because I've heard the term used on threads that had nothing to do with nice guys.
Because people will throw the bad boy/nice guy arguement into about every thread.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:39 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
Or they can just give up on dating altogether. There's nothing wrong with that.
it depends if they want it or not, if they simply give up out of being rejected one to many times, but secretly want to be in a relationship, then they are somewhat pathetic, and probably shouldn't enter into a relationship as they are hard to be in at times and require testicular fortitude, which they may not possess. On the other hand, socializing, being friends with people and being in relationships may not be a good fit for certain people.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:43 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
it depends if they want it or not, if they simply give up out of being rejected one to many times, but secretly want to be in a relationship, then they are somewhat pathetic, and probably shouldn't enter into a relationship as they are hard to be in at times and require testicular fortitude, which they may not possess. On the other hand, socializing, being friends with people and being in relationships may not be a good fit for certain people.
Constant rejection can make someone go insane. If a guy can't get a girlfriend he should spare the whining and pursue other interests. I think the whining about it is what makes it pathetic.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:48 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Constant rejection can make someone go insane. If a guy can't get a girlfriend he should spare the whining and pursue other interests. I think the whining about it is what makes it pathetic.
I'm a woman and can verify this. I've had a horrid past few months because of constant rejection in real life, and through online dating sites. I realized that it simply isn't in the cards to meet someone right now so I've been focusing on other pursuits. So far, I've been surprisingly happy and I save a TON of time not getting 'ready' and looking 'nice' to impress guys that aren't even interested in me.

So far, so good

Old 07-03-2012, 02:53 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,278 times
I wonder about these threads, I read them and I can't help but get major lolz from time to time (like right now).

Old 07-03-2012, 02:53 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Because it is the Whack-A-Mole of the CD Relationship Forum. Every time we bash one of these whiny things into submission, another pops up. Let's examine the average life cycle of a "Nice Guy" thread.

STAGE ONE -- OP can't find a woman in his life. Rather than take an objective view of himself in regards to his innate attractiveness, his personality, his timidity, or any number of other obvious flaws, he decides to lay all blame on the opposite sex. The equivalent is a woman writing a thread that starts with "I realize that I weigh 400 pounds and have dime-sized moles all over my face, but why can't men love me for who I am?"

STAGE TWO -- Some well-meaning women say, "Oh, we love nice guys."

STAGE THREE -- OP and other self-proclaimed Nice Guys come back and talk about how women are only interested in bad boys, i.e., investment bankers who ride Harleys all day and treat women like something out of a Raymond Carver novel. Of course, during this stage it emerges that these guys all have rotating charge accounts with the local thrift store for their clothing, live in their mothers' basements, and have unhealthy pallors that come from a diet of nothing but cheeseburgers and Doritos. Several also evince signs of Aspergers. None seem to understand that their theories are self-congratulatory, essentially stating that they are morally superior to idiot women who don't recognize their special qualities.

STAGE FOUR -- The well-meaning women say, "Oh, I love nice guys, but I don't date socially-retarded men who don't respect themselves enough to move out of their mothers' basements, wear clothes that look 20 years old, and can't climb a staircase without being out of breath."

STAGE FIVE -- The Nice Guys then reveal their character a little further, showing themselves to be not Nice Guys, but rather passive-aggressive manlets who lack the innate courage to ever make a move on a date, and then take it out on the female half of the species because they can't get laid.

STAGE SIX -- Petty bickering. Followed by the thread being closed by a moderator.

Hope that explains things.

Last edited by cpg35223; 07-03-2012 at 03:10 PM..

Old 07-03-2012, 03:06 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,009,690 times
Anyone proclaiming themselves as "nice" and blaming their bad luck in relationships on the opposite sex not wanting "nice" is probably not too nice at all.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:47 PM

19,709 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Anyone proclaiming themselves as "nice" and blaming their bad luck in relationships on the opposite sex not wanting "nice" is probably not too nice at all.
Or maybe they're just fugly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships