Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 09:13 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,607,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
And why must it be one of the other? Isn't there a middle ground between a sycophantic suck-up and an insensitive boor?
I dont know what in my post indicates thats my stance. If you want to post less on CD and date more women, shoot me a DM for life saving tip.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:15 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Because it is the Whack-A-Mole of the CD Relationship Forum. Every time we bash one of these whiny things into submission, another pops up. Let's examine the average life cycle of a "Nice Guy" thread.

STAGE ONE -- OP can't find a woman in his life. Rather than take an objective view of himself in regards to his innate attractiveness, his personality, his timidity, or any number of other obvious flaws, he decides to lay all blame on the opposite sex. The equivalent is a woman writing a thread that starts with "I realize that I weigh 400 pounds and have dime-sized moles all over my face, but why can't men love me for who I am?"

STAGE TWO -- Some well-meaning women say, "Oh, we love nice guys."

STAGE THREE -- OP and other self-proclaimed Nice Guys come back and talk about how women are only interested in bad boys, i.e., investment bankers who ride Harleys all day and treat women like something out of a Raymond Carver novel. Of course, during this stage it emerges that these guys all have rotating charge accounts with the local thrift store for their clothing, live in their mothers' basements, and have unhealthy pallors that come from a diet of nothing but cheeseburgers and Doritos. Several also evince signs of Aspergers. None seem to understand that their theories are self-congratulatory, essentially stating that they are morally superior to idiot women who don't recognize their special qualities.

STAGE FOUR -- The well-meaning women say, "Oh, I love nice guys, but I don't date socially-retarded men who don't respect themselves enough to move out of their mothers' basements, wear clothes that look 20 years old, and can't climb a staircase without being out of breath."

STAGE FIVE -- The Nice Guys then reveal their character a little further, showing themselves to be not Nice Guys, but rather passive-aggressive manlets who lack the innate courage to ever make a move on a date, and then take it out on the female half of the species because they can't get laid.

STAGE SIX -- Petty bickering. Followed by the thread being closed by a moderator.

Hope that explains things.
Oh. My. God. Just fell out of my chair laughing

Old 07-04-2012, 10:48 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Because it is the Whack-A-Mole of the CD Relationship Forum. Every time we bash one of these whiny things into submission, another pops up. Let's examine the average life cycle of a "Nice Guy" thread.

STAGE ONE -- OP can't find a woman in his life. Rather than take an objective view of himself in regards to his innate attractiveness, his personality, his timidity, or any number of other obvious flaws, he decides to lay all blame on the opposite sex. The equivalent is a woman writing a thread that starts with "I realize that I weigh 400 pounds and have dime-sized moles all over my face, but why can't men love me for who I am?"

STAGE THREE -- OP and other self-proclaimed Nice Guys come back and talk about how women are only interested in bad boys, i.e., investment bankers who ride Harleys all day and treat women like something out of a Raymond Carver novel. Of course, during this stage it emerges that these guys all have rotating charge accounts with the local thrift store for their clothing, live in their mothers' basements, and have unhealthy pallors that come from a diet of nothing but cheeseburgers and Doritos. Several also evince signs of Aspergers. None seem to understand that their theories are self-congratulatory, essentially stating that they are morally superior to idiot women who don't recognize their special qualities.

STAGE FOUR -- The well-meaning women say, "Oh, I love nice guys, but I don't date socially-retarded men who don't respect themselves enough to move out of their mothers' basements, wear clothes that look 20 years old, and can't climb a staircase without being out of breath."

STAGE FIVE -- The Nice Guys then reveal their character a little further, showing themselves to be not Nice Guys, but rather passive-aggressive manlets who lack the innate courage to ever make a move on a date, and then take it out on the female half of the species because they can't get laid.

STAGE SIX -- Petty bickering. Followed by the thread being closed by a moderator.

Hey hey, to be fair, cheeseburgers and doritos are delicious.

And if you combine the doritos on the cheeseburgers? mmm

Old 07-04-2012, 01:14 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-H View Post
Well, first they could start by not complaining. Pleading for sympathy is a bigger turn off to women than being a nice guy.
There haven't been any nice guy threads. There have been "average looking" guy threads, short guy threads, bald guy threads. The nice guy issue is about some of the guys here insisting that all women want bad boys and that nice guys finish last, while the C-D women generally say they like nice guys. I guess the guys who think they're hot want to believe that that's all it takes to get women, they don't want to believe women will turn them down for being jerks. idk, go figure.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:19 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,878,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There haven't been any nice guy threads. There have been "average looking" guy threads, short guy threads, bald guy threads. The nice guy issue is about some of the guys here insisting that all women want bad boys and that nice guys finish last, while the C-D women generally say they like nice guys. I guess the guys who think they're hot want to believe that that's all it takes to get women, they don't want to believe women will turn them down for being jerks. idk, go figure.
maybe you havent been here long enough..there have been tons of these nice guy threads..

Old 07-04-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I take it we're operating under the assumption that no one likes "nice guys" in this thread? Apparently that varies from thread to thread.
Women love nice guys. I know lots of married nice guys. Some are average-looking and what some people on the short guys thread would call "short" (5'6 or 5'7), others are great looking. None are doormats. All have good-looking wives, hot, even. Reality is so radically different from the simplistic formulas spouted around here, you have to take the negativity with a grain of salt or two.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
maybe you havent been here long enough..there have been tons of these nice guy threads..
I've seen a lot of threads where the nice guy question comes up and gets discussed. Haven't seen any with "nice guy" in the OP. Could be they were before my time, if there were any.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:31 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,164 times
Quote:

I feel like a referenced character from a David Allen Coe song, as I inform you that you have almost written the perfect country-and-western song.

You have almost written the perfect Nice Guy-vs-Evil song... but you didn't mention anything about Game... or the 50's housewife... or Child Support... or the presupposition that foreign women really know how to treat their men...

Old 07-04-2012, 01:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Because if they know they can get women just by the way they look while treating women like garbage, why change it if it works? I know quite a few men who have multiple women on speed dial using them for sex or money, while these women believe they're going to change these guys somehow. Once he's finshed with them he drops that women and picks up another. It's too easy for some men. All I can do is shake my head.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:58 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I hope this is the last thread on this forum about self-proclaimed nice guys but I have to wonder. If everyone hates 'the self proclaimed nice guys' than why do people keep bringing them up?

Ladies if you don't want to date these so-called 'nice guys' then don't even think about them.

Guys if you can't stand nice guys because they're wusses and wimps than don't even be around them.

If you can't stand a group of people than why talk about them ad nauseaum?
I don't know any "nice guys". I don't really know any "bad boys" either. I know men who kick both their asses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships