Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 10:06 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,857,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
There is a difference between being a "nice guy" and being a "good man." The primary difference is that one typically pines after someone he'll never get, and allows himself to be a doormat, and the other knows when to bow out and pursue something better.
Many men are doing that when they remain single. They will soon be in the majority.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:12 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times
I take it we're operating under the assumption that no one likes "nice guys" in this thread? Apparently that varies from thread to thread.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:15 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I take it we're operating under the assumption that no one likes "nice guys" in this thread? Apparently that varies from thread to thread.
No one likes push overs. That is for sure.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
No one likes push overs. That is for sure.

I think we need to determine what a nice guy is, because there are plenty of frauds out there.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:30 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I think we need to determine what a nice guy is, because there are plenty of frauds out there.
I think as long as you respect people and aren't out to hurt people in any way, is probably a baseline. And there's a whole lot of areas to be filled in between that will define a nice guy.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I think as long as you respect people and aren't out to hurt people in any way, is probably a baseline. And there's a whole lot of areas to be filled in between that will define a nice guy.
Agreed. Also, pure heart and pure intentions.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:01 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
I think it's much more complex than it seems. While I think some of the self-proclaimed 'nice guys' are really just socially-maladjusted young lads who need an object to lay the blame on, I really DO thing some of them are just plain frustrated...like others have said, they may simply be physically unattractive, and they've been fed this belief - often by other women - that if you're nice, you treat her well blah blah you can get a woman despite being fugly, so they go about believing this. When it turns out to be not completely true they get bitter.

I've never played the 'nice guy' card. It's other people who've told me I'm 'nice'...I always tell them I'm not as nice as I seem, I'm just an average guy with all the faults and hopefully some redeeming features that come with that. I'm not even really bitter about my lack of dating success because I haven't even got there, more frustrated at other things which are preventing me from even being ready to date.

But alas, what we need is more understanding on both sides. There are a lot of lonely boys and girls out there, so all these broad generalizations do is spawn more bitterness/hatred for the opposite sex. We should begin to think of people as individuals, instead of just male or female. You'll always find exceptions to any supposed 'rule' if you look enough...

Old 07-04-2012, 09:06 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,607,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzane View Post
I was one the nice guy and I got no action

Now I am the bad boy and I get action

I am only giving what women I their 20s want, excitement and to be treated like an object if women don't like being treated Like an object then they would not reward a guy like me with sex. Women do get sick of bad boys in their 30s abd they do love to complain "where have all the nice guys gorne" I can tell you where they went, you women turned them after years of using them while only having sex with the bad boys
You also said in the other thread, that you wish you could be the nice guy you really are, which makes you a phony. Nothing personal, just an observation. But hey, more power to ya, if youare getting what you want out of life, then full steam ahead. Dont hang too many mirrors in your house though....

Old 07-04-2012, 09:06 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,164 times
People won't stop talking about "nice guys" for precisely the same reason people won't stop labeling Feminists as shrewish harpies hell-bent on blaming men for every evil they perceive:

Because the self-proclaimed Nice Guys are bitter, resentful and above all VOCIFEROUS. It's the same as Feminists; are all Feminists like what I described above? Quite obviously not. But the loudest ones ARE.

And the squeaky wheel gets the oil... or at least gets noticed via irritation and once it's been noticed it's very difficult to ignore.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:08 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You also said in the other thread, that you wish you could be the nice guy you really are, which makes you a phony. Nothing personal, just an observation. But hey, more power to ya, if youare getting what you want out of life, then full steam ahead. Dont hang too many mirrors in your house though....
And why must it be one of the other? Isn't there a middle ground between a sycophantic suck-up and an insensitive boor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships