Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 11:13 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,867,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Everywhere. They start off nice, and then the 'real guy' comes out. It's incredible how manipulative men can be. And these are intelligent, college educated, employed, successful men as well as blue collar tradesman. They learned early on how to use a woman and they're very good at it.

Then, when a genuinely nice man comes up and actually tells a woman he likes her and thinks she's great, guess what? She's not going to believe him. She's going to put her guard up and assume he'll use her because the nice men and the not-so-nice men are very similar in the beginning. They use very similar tactics, but desire very similar outcomes.
True. When it gets to that point, it is easy for men to pack it in and they are doing that in droves.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,674,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
True. When it gets to that point, it is easy for men to pack it in and they are doing that in droves.
Yep. And that's the point I'm at now, which is generally why women start making men 'wait' to get physical. We simply want to make sure you're going to stick around afterwards. Why can't a man simply wait to get physical with a woman he genuinely likes? Why is that so difficult? If you don't think the woman is worth it, please move on and let her find someone who will.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:54 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,314,340 times
Quote:
Yep. And that's the point I'm at now, which is generally why women start making men 'wait' to get physical.
The words nächste haltestelle (next stop) are usually among the first words that come to mind when I hear something like this.

You put out for the "wrong" guy at the right time (aka the aviation convention) but you make you genuine cat wait (aka the one who doesn't get you as hot). Lolz talk about throwing logic out the window, that's no surprise though.

90 day probation period =

Funny trick! Cat turns off the light JUMPING! - YouTube

+

Fast Robo Hamster on Wheel - YouTube

Anyone with a right mind wouldn't follow this, that's just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
The words nächste haltestelle (next stop) are usually among the first words that come to mind when I hear something like this.

You put out for the "wrong" guy at the right time (aka the aviation convention) but you make you genuine cat wait (aka the one who doesn't get you as hot). Lolz talk about throwing logic out the window, that's no surprise though.

90 day probation period =

Funny trick! Cat turns off the light JUMPING! - YouTube

+

Fast Robo Hamster on Wheel - YouTube

Anyone with a right mind wouldn't follow this, that's just setting yourself up for disappointment.
Wrong guy? I knew what it was. I knew I'd probably never see him again, I wasn't pursuing a relationship with him in any way, shape or form and he wasn't pursuing one with me (obviously, since sleeping with me was a bet) ...especially considering he lived in Ohio and I live in California. He didn't get me hot at all, I was drunk and made a stupid mistake, we've been over this. Sheesh. You keep trying to use my ONS as an example and it's comparing apples and oranges.

Regardless, while I won't put a rule on it (like 90 days) I will take my sweet time getting to know a guy because I've made stupid mistakes in the past and I'm determined not to make them again. But I suppose since I've made a few mistakes in the past, I may as well give it up on the first date because that's all I'm worth is a quick lay, right? I always thought learning from your mistakes was a good thing.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Wrong guy? I knew what it was. I knew I'd probably never see him again, I wasn't pursuing a relationship with him in any way, shape or form and he wasn't pursuing one with me (obviously, since sleeping with me was a bet) ...especially considering he lived in Ohio and I live in California. He didn't get me hot at all, I was drunk and made a stupid mistake, we've been over this. Sheesh. You keep trying to use my ONS as an example and it's comparing apples and oranges.

Regardless, while I won't put a rule on it (like 90 days) I will take my sweet time getting to know a guy because I've made stupid mistakes in the past and I'm determined not to make them again. But I suppose since I've made a few mistakes in the past, I may as well give it up on the first date because that's all I'm worth is a quick lay, right? I always thought learning from your mistakes was a good thing.
That story is one of the funniest things that i've read on this website, I'm laughing hard as i'm typing this thinking about that second thread that got locked. Learning from your mistakes is a good thing but this rule is like putting a plastic bag over your head for no reason, quite counter productive.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:56 AM

Quote:
That story is one of the funniest things that i've read on this website, I'm laughing hard as i'm typing this thinking about that second thread that got locked. Learning from your mistakes is a good thing but this rule is like putting a plastic bag over your head for no reason, quite counter productive.
I'm glad my mistakes and misfortunes make you laugh

You sleep with as many women as you want, and I hope you enjoy it.

I'm going to take my time and get to know someone beforehand. If I stay single for a long time, it's no big deal. Airplanes are more interesting than the majority of men I come in contact with anyway

Old 08-02-2012, 01:57 AM

Quote:
I'm glad my mistakes and misfortunes make you laugh

You sleep with as many women as you want, and I hope you enjoy it. I don't quite understand why it's counter productive though. If I want a man who values me for more than my vagina, why wouldn't I take my time getting to know him?

I'm going to take my time and get to know someone beforehand. If I stay single for a long time, it's no big deal. Airplanes are more interesting than the majority of men I come in contact with anyway

Old 08-02-2012, 02:16 AM

Quote:

You sleep with as many women as you want, and I hope you enjoy it. I don't quite understand why it's counter productive though. If I want a man who values me for more than my vagina, why wouldn't I take my time getting to know him?

I'm going to take my time and get to know someone beforehand.
look there's nothing at all wrong with getting to know someone beforehand, but there is something that's wacky about pre determining when you're going to smash. Yeah you make some mistakes in the past giving up the kitty but when a worthwhile dude comes along you want to drag things out like a serial drama? That doesn't make any sense and it's counter productive. If I meet a chick and I'm feeling her and I don't put some pre set time on when I'll bang her out. Something like that might happen then first date, sixth date or sometime further down the line. There's a lot of fear in stuff like this, I know I sure as hell don't want to get anyone pregnant but there's no guarantees on anything in life. Things like death and old age are inevitable, to have some stupid rule determine something as natural as smashing is backwards.

lifes too short for that.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:21 AM

Quote:
look there's nothing at all wrong with getting to know someone beforehand, but there is something that's wacky about pre determining when you're going to smash. Yeah you make some mistakes in the past giving up the kitty but when a worthwhile dude comes along you want to drag things out like a serial drama? That doesn't make any sense and it's counter productive. If I meet a chick and I'm feeling her and I don't put some pre set time on when I'll bang her out. Something like that might happen then first date, sixth date or sometime further down the line. There's a lot of fear in stuff like this, I know I sure as hell don't want to get anyone pregnant but there's no guarantees on anything in life. Things like death and old age are inevitable, to have some stupid rule determine something as natural as smashing is backwards.

Didn't I mention NOT having a predetermined rule like 'waiting 90 days'? I will go through it when I feel ready and not a moment before. The minute a guy tries to talk me into having sex, or pressures me into it, he's gone.

It might be 3 weeks, it might be 3 months, who knows? But I will take the time to get to know him and hopefully that will lessen the probability of him disappearing once he gets the goods. It's not foolproof, but sleeping with someone before you know their last name is kind of stupid as well. Especially considering I could catch an STD or get pregnant. I'm protecting myself and I don't see how that is wrong.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:02 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,097,180 times
Quote:

Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships