Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 04:57 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,278,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivation12 View Post
Just wondering.....
Basically it goes like this...Do you believe woman will have better luck in finding and keeping her "Mr. Right" if she holds the sex? Men what do you think? Would you wait for that woman or would you move to the next one willing to give it up the first night?
Again just wondering....
When to have sex is totally up to the two people involved..everyone is different. I do think that when women "give it up" as you put it on the first night guys tend to worry that maybe this woman is this easy with every guy..has to make them wonder. I am older..never was a give it up on the first night kind of a woman..worried about the "being easy" stigma. Don't know how women feel about their level of respect now a days, however, "back in the day"...it was important to have that self respect. If a guy moves on because he didn't "get it"...bye, bye!! Nothing tells you more about a guy than one who tries to have sex the first night, gets turned down and then vanishes. Didn't need him to begin with!

Old 08-01-2012, 10:55 AM

31,379 posts, read 22,360,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I think it should happen when the time is right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
It is all about timing and chemistry..throw away that "rule book".
^^^^^^RightO

Ive waited a day and I've waited much longer. It has never once been an issue on staying with a woman. If shes fun and attractive I'm going to want to be with her regardless if we have sex soon. Sex comprises such a small amount of time (Although a very important time) compared to other things: laughing having fun and enjoying quality dialogue with your love interest that you have to take it into perspective.

When your an adult you take responsibility for your own actions. I have never heard from a woman ever that I used her for sex. You could just as well said she used me for sex

Last edited by LS Jaun; 08-01-2012 at 11:06 AM..

Old 08-01-2012, 11:05 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,144,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Say you go on 3 dates in a month. That's around 12 guys a year and you really think most men would want a woman who sleeps with an average of 12 men a year?

I don't sleep with him because I don't want an STD and I only want the 'risk' of pregnancy with someone I actually know. Three dates just doesn't seem like enough time to do that, even with texts/calls in between.

It sucks that you think a womans worth is what she's offering you sexually. What's to stop you from sleeping with her a few times, and then simply moving on? How would she feel? I'd feel used in that situation. If a man can't keep it in his pants long enough to get to know me as a person then I don't want him anyway. So, we both win. You get to move on and find that chick that will get naked after spending a few hours with you and I don't have to deal with a guy who uses a relationship as bait to lure me into sex earlier than I'd like.
I agree, Jet! 3 dates is NOTHING. You don't know the first thing about someone after only 3 dates. Is 3 dates enough to risk getting an STD from someone or risk getting pregnant and being attached to that person for the rest of my life? NO. I've definitely had guys that acted like they were genuine and we had 3 great days...but when they got what they wanted they faded out. No thanks. I'm not saying you have to wait 3 months like the OP suggested, but I think waiting long enough to feel that you're not just another notch on the bed post is more than reasonable, and no guy who is actually worth being with is going to mind waiting. I think any decent man would actually respect and admire a woman who waits awhile.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:10 PM

31,379 posts, read 22,360,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
That's only 3 months! Really not that long in the scheme of things.
3 months could be 20 dates, 100 phone calls and 1000 texts. Some married couples that have been together for years haven’t had that much communication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
The only men a woman will attract with a 90 day rule is desperate losers who cant get any other woman. If a girl don't put out by the 3rd date, normal guys will kick her to the curb for basically using the guy for free dinners/drinks.
But the goal is to catch 1 man to be the coveted 'Husband' and if you can get a guy to wait 90 days he will most likely be there for life. He most likely won't be desirable, fun, interesting, or able to fullfill you romantically either, but he will stick with you Forever

Last edited by LS Jaun; 08-01-2012 at 12:20 PM..

Old 08-01-2012, 12:59 PM

770 posts, read 1,182,188 times
Three months is a long time. If after months, I still don't know whether I want to have sex with a guy, it's never going to happen.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:04 PM

36,919 posts, read 31,185,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
Three months is a long time. If after months, I still don't know whether I want to have sex with a guy, it's never going to happen.
Till death do us part is an even longer time. I dont think the question is knowing if you want to have sex with a guy. Its chosing to wait in order to actually get to know the person and not cloud your judgement with sex colored glasses.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:17 PM

770 posts, read 1,182,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Till death do us part is an even longer time. I dont think the question is knowing if you want to have sex with a guy. Its chosing to wait in order to actually get to know the person and not cloud your judgement with sex colored glasses.
Yeah, I know. I still think 3 months is more than enough.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:37 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,772,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
I'm saying there are a number of options that one can take to escape having a child. Therefore, taking sex very seriously isn't necessary.

I'm sure some dummy woman with no sense in her head would beleive that last line. Otherwise, LMAO. Terrible you see 'escaping a child,' another person's life at that -- as one where there's 'get out of jail quick' solutions instead of putting the primary responsibility on the sex part in the first place. How reversed and messed up is that?

Old 08-01-2012, 01:38 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,772,069 times
Quote:
And if that woman can lose that man because he's simply not getting the cookie I dont believe hes the right one for you anyway. Sounds kiddish like highschool "everybody's doing it" type bull.

unfortunately a lot of them act this way and you would be surprised how it's mostly grown men, not just HS age boys.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:28 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,690,309 times
Quote:
Just wondering.....

Basically it goes like this...Do you believe woman will have better luck in finding and keeping her "Mr. Right" if she holds the sex?
I don't think waiting 90 days is going to automatically increase the chances of having a successful relationship, but I don't think it's unreasonable to want to date someone at least a month or two before having sex. I feel no obligation or desire to have sex with a guy within 3 dates like some men seem to expect. If he moves on, so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships