Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 05:16 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,213,433 times

Advertisements

Me personally In 2012, I'm not waiting 90 months to have sex with anyone, well unless she's a ten.(and even then not really)

But Most guys aren't either unless they have no options but most men have options now. Maybe not "great" options, but options none the less. So as I said in another thread, he could tenchically "wait" for you but at the time be messing around with other women until your ready.

That, and it shouldn't take you 3 months to know of you want to have sex with someone. Thats stupid

Old 07-31-2012, 05:23 AM

And ladies, let's be honest.

The guys that are willing to wait 90 days with NO ACTION chances are aren't the guys you actually find attractive

Old 07-31-2012, 05:24 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,672,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Me personally In 2012, I'm not waiting 90 months to have sex with anyone, well unless she's a ten.(and even then not really)

But Most guys aren't either unless they have no options but most men have options now. Maybe not "great" options, but options none the less. So as I said in another thread, he could tenchically "wait" for you but at the time be messing around with other women until your ready.

That, and it shouldn't take you 3 months to know of you want to have sex with someone. Thats stupid
For many people, sex is an intensely emotional experience and along with that, even with contraception and protection there is a chance for pregnancy and STDs, some of which are lifelong.

I'd say wanting to know the person who you could possibly have a child from is a pretty good idea.

Maybe not 90 days, but more than 2 or 3 dates.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:40 AM

144 posts, read 201,414 times
Quote:

The guys that are willing to wait 90 days with NO ACTION chances are aren't the guys you actually find attractive
True, but if he didn't wait I would not have fallen for him. STD/AIDS is the MAIN reason I don't shag just anyone though even if I got the hots for him. Actually the hotter the guy, the larger the potential he got STD.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:49 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,404,255 times
does that 90 day period include foreplay?

Old 07-31-2012, 07:01 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,985,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivation12 View Post
Just wondering.....

Basically it goes like this...Do you believe woman will have better luck in finding and keeping her "Mr. Right" if she holds the sex? Men what do you think? Would you wait for that woman or would you move to the next one willing to give it up the first night?

Again just wondering....
Relationships are not games.

My opinion on this is if you do hold off the sex part you get to know the person as an individual. Their likes and dislikes, their interests and hobbies. You really enjoy what you will be with 90% of the time. (Unless you are a rabbit, sexfeen mongro) Then it's 60% of the time.

Once you have sex the whole view of the relationship changes. You have to bake the cake first. Get a foundation and layer it with a few cakes. Only after you can spread the frosting and add special sprinkles. Too much frosting just doesn't make a good cake.

Plus, sex will cloud the mind. You will overlook many red flags while daydreaming of how you were touched or kissed. It's better to hold off on the physical connection and allow time for the mental connection to grow. If the person will not allow the growth of the mental connection and continues to puch the physical then they are not a good mate.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrox View Post
True, but if he didn't wait I would not have fallen for him. STD/AIDS is the MAIN reason I don't shag just anyone though even if I got the hots for him. Actually the hotter the guy, the larger the potential he got STD.
You can use condoms though.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:49 AM

782 posts, read 1,089,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I suppose I could wait if she were truly marvelous AND I were seeking a relationship. However, if she turns out to be poor in bed, that would be 90 days wasted unless she could be friend-zoned afterwards. And what if she didn't like my style in the bedroom? She'd have wasted 90 days too! Anyway, such artificial rules seldom work in practice. Waiting a few dates may make sense, to at least know if you want to keep seeing each other. Beyond that, if you feel like sex, have sex. If you don't, you're probably better off moving on.

Ninety day probation works better if you get to know each other AND have sex for 90 days. By then, you've got a pretty good idea if the relationship has potential!
I like this idea of waiting. Love can build first before the 'act' gets in the way. About the 90 days being wasted? Not everyone is perfect in bed. Expectations are out of whack in this society. If you are lucky enough to find someone who loves you for real, then that person can make you a better lover.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:55 AM

782 posts, read 1,089,204 times
Quote:

If this is true with women today, then I belong on another planet.

But, I don't believe it to be true.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
If this is true with women today, then I belong on another planet.

But, I don't believe it to be true.

It's true, in 2012

The guys that are willing to wait 90 days without any sex are the guys they dont find attractive. Usually they are losers, unnatractive and are desperate. Because guys that they do find attractive aren't waiting 90 days to have sex with a woman, because they have FAR more options
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships