Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2012, 09:12 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,954,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Then on the other end of the spectrum, you get some guys who pack all 3 dates into just one week, hoping to cash in on that 3rd date so soon after you've met (true story - happened to me). So I'd get kicked to the curb if I wasn't ready to give it up in just one week?
No one goes on the first 3 dates in one week unless they're on vacation and meet someone or are college kids or younger who don't have a job. Unless its a really religious girl, if she won't sleep with a guy on the 3rd date, she never will.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:17 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,716,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
No one goes on the first 3 dates in one week unless they're on vacation and meet someone or are college kids or younger who don't have a job. Unless its a really religious girl, if she won't sleep with a guy on the 3rd date, she never will.
Not true.

I'm not religious (I'm an Atheist) and I wont' sleep with a guy on the third date. I'd like to at least know him as a person before I take that step, and three dates usually isn't enough time.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:29 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,879,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
It's inherently sexist.

It assumes women have no needs.
Sexist, my ***!

For 90 days she gets her needs met by Steely Dan and he gets to audition a dozen or so eager coeds. What's so sexist about that?

Old 07-31-2012, 09:32 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,489,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivation12 View Post
Just wondering.....

Basically it goes like this...Do you believe woman will have better luck in finding and keeping her "Mr. Right" if she holds the sex? Men what do you think? Would you wait for that woman or would you move to the next one willing to give it up the first night?

Again just wondering....

I thought you were talking about an employment probation.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:43 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,419,808 times
Quote:
Unless its a really religious girl, if she won't sleep with a guy on the 3rd date, she never will.
ROTFL! Immediate inclusion in "Top 10 imbecilic remarks ever on this Forum." The competition is fierce, too.

Have you ever even been on a date? I think not.

There are tens of millions of women who never have sex for the first couple weeks and then have more sex than you possibly could imagine.

And why the "third date" stipulation? Why not make it "the fourth date.. the seventh date... the tenth date..."?

Old 07-31-2012, 11:37 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,490,799 times
It is all about timing and chemistry..throw away that "rule book".

Old 07-31-2012, 11:46 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,742,710 times
I think it should happen when the time is right.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:54 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,954,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Not true.

I'm not religious (I'm an Atheist) and I wont' sleep with a guy on the third date. I'd like to at least know him as a person before I take that step, and three dates usually isn't enough time.
Three dates is a lot, like 1st date isnt much because u usually get a drink or coffee and just introduce yourselves. 2nd date you do something more involved like dinner or going somewhere and talk more. 3rd date you really know the person because you start talking deeper. Not to mention phone calls/IMs/texts in between. If you think a man is handsome, cool and nice, why not sleep with him? If I were a girl I'd probably do a 3 dates rule. 2/3 of the time, I sleep with the girl on the 2nd date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
ROTFL! Immediate inclusion in "Top 10 imbecilic remarks ever on this Forum." The competition is fierce, too.

Have you ever even been on a date? I think not.

There are tens of millions of women who never have sex for the first couple weeks and then have more sex than you possibly could imagine.

And why the "third date" stipulation? Why not make it "the fourth date.. the seventh date... the tenth date..."?
lol cool story bro, sounds like the only woman you've been in is the Statue of Liberty. 90 days is practically 1/4 a year & Im too old for that nonsense. This is 2012 and I don't have a ton of time to spare on a girl who doesn't want to have sex with me, going on 7 dates without sex sounds horrible and pointless. If a girl has been on 3 dates with you and finds you too gross to have sex with, you're never gonna get it. If we engage in "heavy petting" then yea I'd give her another date lol but if you're not doing anything by then, you never will be.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:23 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,716,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Three dates is a lot, like 1st date isnt much because u usually get a drink or coffee and just introduce yourselves. 2nd date you do something more involved like dinner or going somewhere and talk more. 3rd date you really know the person because you start talking deeper. Not to mention phone calls/IMs/texts in between. If you think a man is handsome, cool and nice, why not sleep with him? If I were a girl I'd probably do a 3 dates rule. 2/3 of the time, I sleep with the girl on the 2nd date.

lol cool story bro, sounds like the only woman you've been in is the Statue of Liberty. 90 days is practically 1/4 a year & Im too old for that nonsense. This is 2012 and I don't have a ton of time to spare on a girl who doesn't want to have sex with me, going on 7 dates without sex sounds horrible and pointless. If a girl has been on 3 dates with you and finds you too gross to have sex with, you're never gonna get it. If we engage in "heavy petting" then yea I'd give her another date lol but if you're not doing anything by then, you never will be.
Say you go on 3 dates in a month. That's around 12 guys a year and you really think most men would want a woman who sleeps with an average of 12 men a year?

I don't sleep with him because I don't want an STD and I only want the 'risk' of pregnancy with someone I actually know. Three dates just doesn't seem like enough time to do that, even with texts/calls in between.

It sucks that you think a womans worth is what she's offering you sexually. What's to stop you from sleeping with her a few times, and then simply moving on? How would she feel? I'd feel used in that situation. If a man can't keep it in his pants long enough to get to know me as a person then I don't want him anyway. So, we both win. You get to move on and find that chick that will get naked after spending a few hours with you and I don't have to deal with a guy who uses a relationship as bait to lure me into sex earlier than I'd like.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:51 AM

782 posts, read 1,091,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
It is all about timing and chemistry..throw away that "rule book".
I'm guessing that the OP tossed out 90 days as a suggestion. Of course everyone's idea would vary.

If my intuition told me that a certain woman was worth the wait, then absolutely, I could wait; 3 dates, 3 weeks, 3 months....I'd be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships