Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 04:03 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,114,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't think waiting 90 days is going to automatically increase the chances of having a successful relationship, but I don't think it's unreasonable to want to date someone at least a month or two before having sex. I feel no obligation or desire to have sex with a guy within 3 dates like some men seem to expect. If he moves on, so be it.
Me too. I can't believe the guys here who say they're moving on after 2 or 3 dates if they don't see any action. See ya! Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. I'm not a prude and I probably wouldn't wait 3 months for someone I really like, but 2 or 3 dates is not enough for me. I don't see it as some kind of calculated move that I'm withholding it on purpose, but it's just a matter of wanting to know someone a little better than a few meetings...there's nothing wrong with that.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:10 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,148,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Now, this is a strange concept...can't people just meet, and be friends before going to bed? Wow.
Agreed. it's like people have to prove something in that department before starting a relationship. Better to wait and get to know the person first.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:13 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,610,174 times
Well, to be perfectly honest, if a guy acts like he wants to be friends first, than he finds himself in the dreaded friendzone, 9 out of 10 times.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:28 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,203,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
^^^^^Of course women waited before Steve Harvey, I'm just using him as an example. A lot of the women I know that adopted this stance are usually women who've Been ran threw by different guys in their past before and now want to put on the "I'm waiting" act.
Who cares?? Thats like saying a person who used to sniff cocaine should not stop because they have already done it.

If a person wants to change their ways..AND FOR THE BETTER...why the hell would you knock them? If some chick who was a skank smartened up and decided she was worth more than that, and decided to carry herself in a more decent way, good for her. I would think people would APPROVE of that, not DISAPPROVE.

Bottom line is, no one has a gun to a man's head. If a woman wants to get to know him a bit better before she sleeps with him, and he doesnt want to wait, he can move the h#ll on. Because say what you want, with all the people in this world, there WILL be someone who will respect that. Someone that she likes.

And if some ding dong is pissed because he thinks some other guy got it quicker, she shouldnt even bother with him. It's the woman's body. If she doesnt want to scr-ew you right away, so be it. Either go find someone else if thats all you want, or get over it and try to find out if you guys are even compatible before u stick your pe-nis in her. Sheesh men act like they are gonna die if they dont screw the girl in the first three dates. Then if things go badly and you get a stalker woman on your hands or some nutjob you will cry about it... instead of just taking your time to see if the woman is even someone you could see yourself being around instead of jumping into bed so quickly before u even know exactly what kind of person you are dealing with.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:32 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,740,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Who cares?? Thats like saying a person who used to sniff cocaine should not stop because they have already done it.

If a person wants to change their ways..AND FOR THE BETTER...why the hell would you knock them? If some chick who was a skank smartened up and decided she was worth more than that, and decided to carry herself in a more decent way, good for her. I would think people would APPROVE of that, not DISAPPROVE.

Bottom line is, no one has a gun to a man's head. If a woman wants to get to know him a bit better before she sleeps with him, and he doesnt want to wait, he can move the h#ll on. Because say what you want, with all the people in this world, there WILL be someone who will respect that. Someone that she likes.

And if some ding dong is pissed because he thinks some other guy got it quicker, she shouldnt even bother with him. It's the woman's body. If she doesnt want to scr-ew you right away, so be it. Either go find someone else if thats all you want, or get over it and try to find out if you guys are even compatible before u stick your pe-nis in her. Sheesh men act like they are gonna die if they dont screw the girl in the first three dates. Then if things go badly and you get a stalker woman on your hands or some nutjob you will cry about it... instead of just taking your time to see if the woman is even someone you could see yourself being around instead of jumping into bed so quickly before u even know exactly what kind of person you are dealing with.

well amen to this post! Brad is one of those men that thinks women's bodies are communal property. She doesn't reserve the right to 'hold back sex' from the masses of men.

anyways, so much of this post is true! couldn't rep it!

Old 08-01-2012, 04:47 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,205,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post

You can do whatever the hell you want as a woman. I just find women who were whores In their past(mostly their primes)but Try to switch it up later and be the "good girl" to be frauds. And most of the time it's not because they "changed" it's because that clock is ticking and they need a husband/provider/father figure now. The guys who wait for women who dozens of other guys have slept with easily are LOSERS.

Reformed Sluts « Paradigm Shift

Last edited by BradPiff; 08-01-2012 at 05:39 PM..

Old 08-01-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
well amen to this post! Brad is one of those men that thinks women's bodies are communal property. She doesn't reserve the right to 'hold back sex' from the masses of men.

anyways, so much of this post is true! couldn't rep it!
Where have I EVER said that? Link me to that post and I'll never post here again

Old 08-01-2012, 05:43 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,647,275 times
Quote:
You can do whatever the hell you want as a woman. I just find women who were whores In their past(mostly their primes)but Try to switch it up later and be the "good girl" to be frauds. And most of the time it's not because they "changed" it's because that clock is ticking and they need a husband/provider/father figure now. The guys who wait for women who dozens of other guys have slept with easily are LOSERS.

Reformed Sluts « Paradigm Shift
Oh please

Most of them (including myself) realized that we were being used and it wasn't about 'sexual liberation' or anything like that. I finally got enough self esteem to realize that I'm worth more than a ONS or a FWB situation and acted according. I'm very open about my sexual past, but I'm not the same person. While I am looking for something long term, I provide for myself and I already have a father figure...ya know, My FATHER. I'm just looking for a genuine connection with a man who I can hopefully spend the rest of my life with.

Apparently, since I was a 'sluut' in my early 20s I should give up on that and just relegate myself to single slutdom. Got it.

Guys that think they can sleep around, lie to women and pressure them into sex because of their own '2 date' rule are losers.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:51 PM

How were you being used? How is a one night stand or FWB were both people agree with is where anyone is being used? That's my problem, most of those women KNEW THE DEAL, they knew the situation and then wanted to cry about it later.
If you don't want to be a ONS then you don't have to be, no one is forcing you

As for father figures, I mean for bastard children or future children

Old 08-01-2012, 05:55 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,647,275 times
Quote:
How were you being used? How is a one night stand or FWB were both people agree with is where anyone is being used? That's my problem, most of those women KNEW THE DEAL, they knew the situation and then wanted to cry about it later.
If you don't want to be a ONS then you don't have to be, no one is forcing you

As for father figures, I mean for bastard children or future children
These guys were telling me they liked me, that they wanted a LTR with me, that they cared for me. Then, they slept with me once or twice and left.

Twice I was involved in a situation where me and the other party understood exactly what was going on. The rest of them were all liars who strung me along, and I fell for it like an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships