Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 02:47 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,438,909 times

Advertisements

I think this rule is for simpleminded people who aren't able to trust their own instincts or judge character

Old 07-31-2012, 03:07 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,586,769 times
Why would a guy wait 90 days when he damn well knows she gave up the goods after 1 day or 2 to every ******* in town. That's like being ok buying a newspaper for $5 when you know everyone in the past spent 0.50 on it.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,272,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
I think this rule is for simpleminded people who aren't able to trust their own instincts or judge character
I agree.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:10 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,852,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
^^^^^Of course women waited before Steve Harvey, I'm just using him as an example. A lot of the women I know that adopted this stance are usually women who've Been ran threw by different guys in their past before and now want to put on the "I'm waiting" act.
This is true as well. I guess to each their own. I have my own personal feelings about sex and I've stuck to these beliefs since I was a teenager.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:16 PM

22 posts, read 33,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
It really depends on how she defines "Mr. Right".

For the way most women define him, even waiting for the second date is probably too long for the typical "Mr. Right". Of course, unless she's "Miss Very Right" he will be only interested in sampling her wares, whether she waits a week, 3 months or 5 years. However, for such men, waiting at all is considered a slap in the face.

Right Im def not saying there is ONE Mr. Right in the world Im speaking for any woman and any man who are ready for the right relationship for them. And Im speaking only of a woman that is at the place in her life where she's asking herself "why give this man the benefits, if I dont know hes in it for good" I know I know he could still leave on day 95 but by then tell me what man would go through all that just to hit it and quit it.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Relationships are not games.

My opinion on this is if you do hold off the sex part you get to know the person as an individual. Their likes and dislikes, their interests and hobbies. You really enjoy what you will be with 90% of the time. (Unless you are a rabbit, sexfeen mongro) Then it's 60% of the time.

Once you have sex the whole view of the relationship changes. You have to bake the cake first. Get a foundation and layer it with a few cakes. Only after you can spread the frosting and add special sprinkles. Too much frosting just doesn't make a good cake.

Plus, sex will cloud the mind. You will overlook many red flags while daydreaming of how you were touched or kissed. It's better to hold off on the physical connection and allow time for the mental connection to grow. If the person will not allow the growth of the mental connection and continues to puch the physical then they are not a good mate.

Im thinking like that too. Sex does cloud your decisions on the person in front of you. I think people should try to hold the sex if not for 90 days then try to last without as long as you can. Never know

Old 07-31-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
that's how they 'force' the women into sex with them by letting them know they will bail and find another one if they don't get it soon enough. i agree they expect something sexual within a handful of dates, some before that. some women fall for it because they are desperate or don't want to 'lose the man' to another woman. stupid. everyone knows men view women's bodies as 'communal property.'

And if that woman can lose that man because he's simply not getting the cookie I dont believe hes the right one for you anyway. Sounds kiddish like highschool "everybody's doing it" type bull.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:30 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,716,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Why would a guy wait 90 days when he damn well knows she gave up the goods after 1 day or 2 to every ******* in town. That's like being ok buying a newspaper for $5 when you know everyone in the past spent 0.50 on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
^^^^^Of course women waited before Steve Harvey, I'm just using him as an example. A lot of the women I know that adopted this stance are usually women who've Been ran threw by different guys in their past before and now want to put on the "I'm waiting" act.
Which is probably why they're waiting. They've realized that they made mistakes in the past and rushed into the physical part of the relationship and men used them for it. In the past, I've rushed into the physical part thinking 'hey, it's just sex!!' and then the guy disappears after he gets what he wants. Or, I find out he's dating 3 or 4 other women (and probably sleeping with them too) and I think that's a little gross. You give it up too fast and guys immediately think you'll give it up to anyone and leave you. You wait, and guys think you're a prude and don't give it up fast enough so they leave you.

Either way, I lose. I'd rather just be single than deal with this BS. If a guy thinks it's too hard to actually get to know me before getting naked, he can move onto the next girl. No skin off my back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
I'm saying there are a number of options that one can take to escape having a child. Therefore, taking sex very seriously isn't necessary.
Yep. And you can still catch herpes and HPV while wearing a condom.

I wonder how many guys here, who are advocating for not taking sex seriously and complaining about women not 'putting out' fast enough are the same ones who have posted on threads about single moms and how they should 'keep their legs shut'. Again, damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:10 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,490,799 times
Now, this is a strange concept...can't people just meet, and be friends before going to bed? Wow.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:26 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,716,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Now, this is a strange concept...can't people just meet, and be friends before going to bed? Wow.
NO!

They HAVE to put out so the man knows if they're good enough for a relationship.

Remember, according to CD men and women can't be friends unless it's 'with benefits'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships