Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2012, 04:16 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,533 times

Advertisements

Online dating is just one of the ways to meet lots of people. After that first meeting its just like dating a person you met in person for the first time. Dont give up yet. Just dont expect too much from it or get emotionally attached too soon. Keep your options open & date with an open mind. It would help you sharpen your skills & most definitely get you closer to defining the qualities you definitely 'dont' want in a person. When the right person comes along everything will fall into place. There are chances you would meet a lot more variety of people online than any bar because not everyone is at the same place at the same time or even same city. Atleast online you get to meet people you may never run into in person. That does open up a lot of options. Just dont hold off meeting someone for too long. Make a date quickly so that both of you will know for sure if it would work out. If the other person is giving excuses for not meeting you or stringing you along then move on to someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 01:41 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,607,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Dating is nothing more than a game. Everyone is looking for something different, just gotta find someone on the same wavelength as you. No use worry about everyone else.
it's also like the lottery

Old 09-16-2012, 01:45 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
Exactly I can see WoW being turned into a Mass multiplayer dating site.

I know many people who have met on that game.... sort of sad when you think about it.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:57 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
it's also like the lottery

I have fun on every date I go on. Maybe the people who hate it just can't attract the cool people on there? In fact, I don't have majority of the problems these people on this messageboard complain about in terms of online dating.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:01 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
I have fun on every date I go on. Maybe the people who hate it just can't attract the cool people on there? In fact, I don't have majority of the problems these people on this messageboard complain about in terms of online dating.
Would you like a cookie?

Congratulations?

lol.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Would you like a cookie?

Congratulations?

lol.
I'm just sick and tired of people b*tching and moaning about online dating and how all the women are so terrible. They're not.

Bunch of babies on this forum and all they do is complain. It's pathetic as hell.

You want to give me a sarcastic response? So be it, at least I'm not crying because I can't attract a girl.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
I'm just sick and tired of people b*tching and moaning about online dating and how all the women are so terrible. They're not.

Bunch of babies on this forum and all they do is complain. It's pathetic as hell.

You want to give me a sarcastic response? So be it, at least I'm not crying because I can't attract a girl.
Personally I think you're just as pathetic complaining about others complaining. It doesn't make you better than anyone else.

Oh and by the way, I don't complain about it much. It does me no good, so I smile and get on with my life. You should do the same as well if you hate being on this board.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:12 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
There's only so much I can do because there are certain unattractive qualities I have that I can't change unfortunately.

I do feel stupid changing my looks to attract a guy though.

People should accept you for who you are & if they don't like the way you look then they aren't for you. Move on to someone who wants you for who you are NOT what they want you to be.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Personally I think you're just as pathetic complaining about others complaining. It doesn't make you better than anyone else.

Oh and by the way, I don't complain about it much. It does me no good, so I smile and get on with my life. You should do the same as well if you hate being on this board.

At least I'm not on here blaming other people for my problems. If I have a problem in my life and I'm not getting the results I want, I don't cry about it and blame the opposite sex or other races; I fix it. Call me pathetic all you want, I don't care much. I just find these people annoying as hell talking bad about these people like it's not their own fault.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
At least I'm not on here blaming other people for my problems. If I have a problem in my life and I'm not getting the results I want, I don't cry about it and blame the opposite sex or other races; I fix it. Call me pathetic all you want, I don't care much. I just find these people annoying as hell talking bad about these people like it's not their own fault.
That's a fair arguement, however it's all you do on this board anymore. You're just beating a dead horse and people who refuse to do anything to help themselves, or at least make an attempt to will always blame others. People also see that, there's no point in you complaining about it other than for you to vent and us to see how much of an a$$ you can be.

If it annoys you that much about something you read on the internet, you should probably take a break from CD and read a book or something. It does you no good staying on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships