Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 03:56 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,607,414 times

Advertisements

In reality, one can be extremely fit while working out for an hour a day, 5 times a week. Anything more than that and you start seeing diminishing returns on the effort you put into your workouts. I know this, ive gotten extremely fit by workin g out an hour a day and went from fat to a pro athlete form within few months. I want my partner to be also into fitness, because it tells me that they care about their health and well being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 05:57 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,584,054 times
I workout about an hour and half to two hours a day 6 days a week, including running, ellipital, stair climbing and weight lifting. For all that work, I don't really look that fit...as in not muscular, no 6 pack by any stretch and people who meet me don't necessarily assume I work out except that it does keep my weight in check. It can be a strain on my relationship because my husband wouldn't be caught dead exercising. I just try to get up earlier than him on the weekends. Usually, I'm done working out and showered by 11 am and he isn't even out of bed yet. I usually have to drag him out of bed to eat lunch with me at noon because I'm starving after my workout!

Old 11-21-2012, 05:59 PM

And, while I do get stressed out when I can't work out (I miss those endorphins) I'm a big fan of beer, hamburgers, pizza and wine. I like to indulge, especially if there is a good game on!

Old 11-21-2012, 06:08 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
I workout about an hour and half to two hours a day 6 days a week, including running, ellipital, stair climbing and weight lifting. For all that work, I don't really look that fit...as in not muscular, no 6 pack by any stretch and people who meet me don't necessarily assume I work out except that it does keep my weight in check. It can be a strain on my relationship because my husband wouldn't be caught dead exercising. I just try to get up earlier than him on the weekends. Usually, I'm done working out and showered by 11 am and he isn't even out of bed yet. I usually have to drag him out of bed to eat lunch with me at noon because I'm starving after my workout!

Two things:

1. Are you working out properly? Have you tried P 90X?

2. I am convinced that those people who have movie star physiques are not real. 90% if it is diet...they eat salmon and whole grain pasta and other super healthy foods most of the time. eating like this is expensive and hard. They drink nothing but water (maybe some green tea) and eat about 2000 cals a day. They are also often on supplements--HGH, Clenbuterol, fat burners, etc.

I work out 4- days a week and play racquetball four days a week eat pretty healthy and I still have a small tummy. It's very small, but I don't have a ripped six pack. I know what you mean about putting in all that work and not looking that fit....genetics has a lot to do with it but as a woman you would need to eat like 1500 cals a day to look like a gym bunny.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
And, while I do get stressed out when I can't work out (I miss those endorphins) I'm a big fan of beer, hamburgers, pizza and wine. I like to indulge, especially if there is a good game on!
that says it all...lol...burgers are not bad if you use good beef and a whole wheat bun...but you can't eat mcdonalds and expect to look very good.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Two things:

1. Are you working out properly? Have you tried P 90X?

2. I am convinced that those people who have movie star physiques are not real. 90% if it is diet...they eat salmon and whole grain pasta and other super healthy foods most of the time. eating like this is expensive and hard. They drink nothing but water (maybe some green tea) and eat about 2000 cals a day. They are also often on supplements--HGH, Clenbuterol, fat burners, etc.

I work out 4- days a week and play racquetball four days a week eat pretty healthy and I still have a small tummy. It's very small, but I don't have a ripped six pack. I know what you mean about putting in all that work and not looking that fit....genetics has a lot to do with it but as a woman you would need to eat like 1500 cals a day to look like a gym bunny.
Haha, that's the last thing on my mind. I eat what I want and live my life. I generally prefer healthy foods with a weekly or twice (okay even 3 times or 4 times) weekly indulgence as stated above. I eat at least 2800 calories a day, usually signigficantly more. This keeps me at a size 4 to 6 and I'm fine with that. I love food and living it up! Taking supplements and worrying about that crap is my worst nightmare!

Old 11-21-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Haha, that's the last thing on my mind. I eat what I want and live my life. I generally prefer healthy foods with a weekly or twice (okay even 3 times or 4 times) weekly indulgence as stated above. I eat at least 2800 calories a day, usually signigficantly more. This keeps me at a size 4 to 6 and I'm fine with that. I love food and living it up! Taking supplements and worrying about that crap is my worst nightmare!
good, but remember that what you put in your body today will determine the pleasantness of your older years.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
that says it all...lol...burgers are not bad if you use good beef and a whole wheat bun...but you can't eat mcdonalds and expect to look very good.
Who says I look bad lol? I'm a pretty healthy person, but I LOVE to have fun and that makes you a happier person in your old years. Screw supplements and seaweed and crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships