Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 01:30 PM

445 posts, read 864,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post
I avoid fit men myself - by fit I mean they look like they spend a ton of time at the gym and do nothing but. I've had quite a few like me though because I eat healthy and run/walk 25+ miles a week everyday before work. I don't look like a "fit" woman though. Still 10 pounds overweight, but I've been told it is obvious that I work out.

I prefer a man who is more like me - works out and LIKES to work out - but doesn't look perfect. I just like to explore, occasionally go on a hike, maybe try some stand up paddling, etc.

I caved and dated one of the fit men who chased after me once - boy was that a bad idea. He whined about my soft middle, all he did was work and go to the gym. No way I'd get to go on a fun hike with a picnic afterwards with him.
If there was something wrong with your "soft middle" why didn't he chase after a "fit woman" like himself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 02:29 PM

415 posts, read 616,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
If there was something wrong with your "soft middle" why didn't he chase after a "fit woman" like himself?
I have no idea. His girlfriend before me did not work out at all. Total couch potato who loved to watch TV all the time. Yet they dated for 4 months and considered marrying each other.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:37 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,431,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I'd rather have a girl have an average, curvy figure than being fit.

I saw a really tiny girl come in one day at work to turn in some scrap. Very tiny girl, short, tan, but she showed muscle. Her arms were muscular, which did turn me off. Not that she wasn't pretty, she was, and she was more or less happy.

AFter that, we had another girl come in with stuff. She had a more curvy figure and didn't show much muscle. I found her figure more attractive.
Yes, bulging muscles are a turn-off with me too.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:43 PM

3,636 posts, read 3,427,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Good man!

Wait a second.........two women and a wolf? I don't know which is scarier.

No wonder you work out so doggone much.
The wolf is the bigger motivation there. I sourced him from the US. They are a very energetic species. If you do not keep them active they will likely end up eating your sofa or even your walls for something to do. They will also punish you for weakness. So I find the running with him in the morning and the making him sprint along side as I cycle hard in the evening will keep me healthy and him active and happy.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
People who have a home gym only need to use it for 45 min a day. We still have plenty of time to do other stuff. Moreover, some of us cut back on tv and computer time, leaving time for other stuff.

But yes we are strict with what we eat though it shouldn't be a big deal to others .
I think the strict diet thing bothers me a bit. I have quite a few friends with varying 'diets' and it's gotten to the point where I don't even bother going out with them if they invite me. There's always a HUGE argument over where we get to eat because the vegans won't eat in a place where the same pots/pans/cooktop is used on meat and veggies, the gluten free people won't eat in a place that doesn't offer gluten free stuff, the vegetarians flip out if all the get to choose from is 'salads', the people who are really into fitness won't go anywhere that doesn't have ALL the nutrition facts listed on the menu etc. etc.

It get's really irritating when all I want is a cheap burger.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:55 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think the strict diet thing bothers me a bit. I have quite a few friends with varying 'diets' and it's gotten to the point where I don't even bother going out with them if they invite me. There's always a HUGE argument over where we get to eat because the vegans won't eat in a place where the same pots/pans/cooktop is used on meat and veggies, the gluten free people won't eat in a place that doesn't offer gluten free stuff, the vegetarians flip out if all the get to choose from is 'salads', the people who are really into fitness won't go anywhere that doesn't have ALL the nutrition facts listed on the menu etc. etc.

It get's really irritating when all I want is a cheap burger.
Love ya, Jet (you know that), but that really just sounds like you're saying you get frustrated that people won't go out and poison themselves with you.

I dunno about the vegan pot and pan thing, but gluten isn't really a choice and vegetarians can usually eat just about anywhere and not just put up with salad unless you are going to the super low end chain restaurants, in which case, the food quality tends to be abysmal anyway.

Anyone with a smart phone can call up the company website and see the nutritional value of all the food, though I don't see why it would matter as most restaurants may offer a low cal dish, but that does not make it healthy or good for you.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:58 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,144,735 times
Not so much 'too fit', but 'too muscular' is a turn off. I like a nice toned body, but I've never liked muscleheads

Old 10-08-2012, 08:27 AM

803 posts, read 1,668,525 times
I'm fascinated with fitness (strength training) and nutrition, and kinda geeky about it, so any girl into that would be a huge plus for me.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:45 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
All they talk about, all they seem interested in, is exercise and diet. That gets old pretty fast. I am sure women have found the same is often true of very fit men. Does anyone agree?

I have certainly found that to be true.

I once when out on a date with a guy who's obsessed with fitness and diet, and he basically shared to me his eating and work out regimen. Basically he eats six times a day, meals that he makes in advance and portions out, which mainly consist of grilled chicken or fish and vegetables. He works out for 2 hours a more every day daily. He rarely eats out in restaurants because he doesn't know the nutrition facts of the food and the dishes aren't often prepared to his specifications. He goes on and on about metabolism, the best way to get cut, and the cleanest diet. I am a good listener and tried to pay attention, but I couldn't wait for him to drive me home.

Never went out with him again. I can't date someone that rigid, it's nuts.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:22 AM

496 posts, read 941,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I have certainly found that to be true.

I once when out on a date with a guy who's obsessed with fitness and diet, and he basically shared to me his eating and work out regimen. Basically he eats six times a day, meals that he makes in advance and portions out, which mainly consist of grilled chicken or fish and vegetables. He works out for 2 hours a more every day daily. He rarely eats out in restaurants because he doesn't know the nutrition facts of the food and the dishes aren't often prepared to his specifications. He goes on and on about metabolism, the best way to get cut, and the cleanest diet. I am a good listener and tried to pay attention, but I couldn't wait for him to drive me home.

Never went out with him again. I can't date someone that rigid, it's nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships