Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 10:05 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,307,370 times

Advertisements

That gif is scaring me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 10:07 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,323,890 times
I don't find women who are extremely fit to be attractive. Most of them look like manly butch dykes.

I also find it strange that some men are into these kinds of women but whatever floats their boat I guess.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:08 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Lord, knows, I appreciate fit female bodies as much as the next man.

But frankly, I have sometimes avoided showing too much interest in women who are extremely fit. I exercise myself, and I've learned that trying to maintaining a "perfect" body requires a HUGE amount of effort. People can do it, but those that do are left with time for little else. Most of the fabulously fit people I've met are boring. All they talk about, all they seem interested in, is exercise and diet. That gets old pretty fast. I am sure women have found the same is often true of very fit men. Does anyone agree?

Healthy is great, fit is great, feeling and looking good to your own satisfaction is great, striving for a "perfect" body, not great. It does not happen every human has flaws no matter how long and how hard you strive for perfection. To me it is a major turn off because I like to have real conversations even if it is about the seasons changing. I do not want to have to listen to the number of times you have curled, pushed, squatted, benched and belched your way to perfection and how good you look when you have nothing else to offer. Passion about something is wonderful, obsession is a completely new level of no way in hades am I sticking around for this mess.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 AM

496 posts, read 941,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Healthy is great, fit is great, feeling and looking good to your own satisfaction is great, striving for a "perfect" body, not great. It does not happen every human has flaws no matter how long and how hard you strive for perfection. To me it is a major turn off because I like to have real conversations even if it is about the seasons changing. I do not want to have to listen to the number of times you have curled, pushed, squatted, benched and belched your way to perfection and how good you look when you have nothing else to offer. Passion about something is wonderful, obsession is a completely new level of no way in hades am I sticking around for this mess.
There's a difference between trying to be Perfect and trying to be the best you that you can be (Perfect vs. perfect for 'me'). In all fairness, a lot of bodybuilders and fitness "freaks" are well aware that their standards for themselves are not the mainstream standard for "ideal", but they have their own goals and I think they're far from what you mean above by perfect. You can't outexercise the hue of your skin, can't outexercise the structure of your bones or the way your muscles come together, but if you like watching your body evolve in a positive - elite, even - way, exercise and nutritional obsession is for you. If not, then no. It isn't really about perfection - it's about evolution.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:38 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I don't find women who are extremely fit to be attractive. Most of them look like manly butch dykes.

I also find it strange that some men are into these kinds of women but whatever floats their boat I guess.
well to be fair, a woman can be fit and not look manly. You're talking about one type of woman who may try to bulk up. There are plenty of girls, who eat 6 times a day, and go to the gym 5-6 days a week who still are very feminine.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:41 AM

I get the feeling its not so much the fit part that alot of people don't find attractive, its the dedication that comes along with it.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:49 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
As an ex gym junkie myself, I cannot abide those who behave like they are superior human beings just because they have a low resting pulse rate.

But, but... I thought we were friends!

Seriously, though. There's a time and place for everything. I do my hour and then forget about it, just as I write down my caloric and protein intake so I don't go overboard and forget about it. It's just part of my life, no more scintillating to most people than putting on make-up or styling my hair. Just like some people would like to discuss those things, I'll discuss what I do if I'm with someone who brings it up and wants to talk about it.

Otherwise, meh. I get annoyed when people get fanatical about it and comment on what I'm eating, freak out if they miss a day, or won't budge from a strict regimen for a special occasion or go to a restaurant. If I had to choose a litmus test for fanaticism, it would be ownership of body fat calipers. Whip those things out and I'm outta there.

Sincerely,

RHR 58

Old 10-08-2012, 11:24 AM

482 posts, read 799,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Lord, knows, I appreciate fit female bodies as much as the next man.

But frankly, I have sometimes avoided showing too much interest in women who are extremely fit. I exercise myself, and I've learned that trying to maintaining a "perfect" body requires a HUGE amount of effort. People can do it, but those that do are left with time for little else. Most of the fabulously fit people I've met are boring. All they talk about, all they seem interested in, is exercise and diet. That gets old pretty fast. I am sure women have found the same is often true of very fit men. Does anyone agree?
Usually extremely fit people get with fat or over weight people.Maybe you should try that,since fit people bore you.

I am fit myself, and I hardly talk about fitness, and exercise. I often had people tell me that I am very interesting, and outspoken.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:52 AM

i think there needs to some clarification with being fit. there seems to be this idea, that if you are fit, you are consumed with being in the gym and nothing. outside of bodybuilders, most people who are fit probably spend 1 hour to an hour and a half in the gym.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:44 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,154,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
i think there needs to some clarification with being fit. there seems to be this idea, that if you are fit, you are consumed with being in the gym and nothing. outside of bodybuilders, most people who are fit probably spend 1 hour to an hour and a half in the gym.
Or none, quite a few that are fit do physical labour for a living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships