Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2012, 08:18 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I get a kick out of this song. It says "rented Pontiac from LAX to Palm Springs and back." I heard it in BOTH directions, several times by channel surfing. I thought that this would be a one-hit wonder, and I think I was right.
If there was RnB like on the radio I would listen to the radio again same with hip hop. Luckily thanks to the internet you can find some good artist that are not well known that can pop out some good stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 08:24 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
the diffeence is that men like to see two chicks. ( alot, not all). I mean im just being honest here. Some men think two women are hot, and wouldnt mind jumping in. They of course do NOT feel this way about two men. Women therefore can joke around and grab each other and whatever, and its no big deal because society accepts that more, and also a lot of men like it. And the cuter the women are, the better.

Me and my friends sit around, and laugh, and we can talk about each others boobs, and go bra shopping together, check and give opinions to each other about how our a$$es look in jeans, etc. My chick friends pinch my a$$, tell me my a$$ looks hot, or they can run into the bathroom and marvel at a friend who just got a boob job. They will touch, etc. And these are STRAIGHT women im talking about.

You will never see men (straight men) doing stuff like that with each other. Society just doesnt want to hear it. I think a bi guy would feel the heat more than a gay guy.Hell, I could sit around in mixed company and say that I have tried being with a woman( i have not..just saying), and probably neither the men or women would be all that put off by it.

Let a man try that. LOL Imagine the looks. In a nutshell, it's just society being hypocritical.
Some culture where men kiss other on the cheek to greet each other. And no one thinks their gay they are just saying hello.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:37 PM

482 posts, read 799,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
Some culture where men kiss other on the cheek to greet each other. And no one thinks their gay they are just saying hello.
Tell that to Will Smith.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:58 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,481,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
All I got from your post that bisexual men really need to be with men only,so they can be fully happy. And you were proving my point along. Also that it's the woman's fault for everything just because she's a woman, and she deserves to be made a fool out of because she's not a man, and her husband have every right to go out, and sleep with men.

And again there's a huge difference when a man cheats on his wife with man over a woman.I can't even imagine the dirty feeling.
No, they need acceptance and understanding. Bisexuals are capable of fidelity, just like everyone else. It's the "living a lie" of being in the closet that breaks them and warps them. I love how you give female bisexuality a pass. You can enjoy men, while still "taking a dip in the lady pond." (Best turn of phrase I've seen on C-D) However, bi men are inherently and inexorably misogynists. Acceptance and understanding is a two-way street.

There is no difference in cheating. A man who cheats on his wife with a man is just as much of a betraying scumbag as a man who cheats with another woman. However, society's homophobic instinct would suggest that the man-man seems worse.

If a bi man leaves you (honorably or otherwise), it's not because you lack a penis. It's because, from the postings here, you are an irrational and suspicious creature with a wretched outlook of bi men.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:32 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,817,966 times
Why would a woman want to date a bisexual man when lots of straight men are waiting?

Why would a straight man want to date a bisexual woman either?

They are never going to be long term or hubby/wife material.....

Old 10-28-2012, 10:54 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
Why would a woman want to date a bisexual man when lots of straight men are waiting?

Why would a straight man want to date a bisexual woman either?

They are never going to be long term or hubby/wife material.....
I see what you're saying. I think that, in some cases, the bisexual male comes up with a better combo of looks, personality, charm and success relative to some straight guys ... and some women are faced with cognitive dissonance, wanting the attributes that are good and avoiding the attributes that are fraught with uncertainty for her. Can you blame her, and her confusion? The same holds true for a checklist packaged bisexual woman.

However, as you said, they don't often make for good long-term relationship material, as they probably can't fully shut out a certain part of how they process things. When Elizabeth Taylor died (no big loss, sorry), it turned out that Richard Burton was probably the true love of her life, and he was supposedly bisexual. The same was true of Marlon Brando, which takes a stretching of the mind to believe, yet women were willing to carry his children.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:47 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,274,548 times
I am fairly sure a bi guy wouldn't get past my gaydar in the first place.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:59 AM

482 posts, read 799,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I see what you're saying. I think that, in some cases, the bisexual male comes up with a better combo of looks, personality, charm and success relative to some straight guys ... and some women are faced with cognitive dissonance, wanting the attributes that are good and avoiding the attributes that are fraught with uncertainty for her. Can you blame her, and her confusion? The same holds true for a checklist packaged bisexual woman.

However, as you said, they don't often make for good long-term relationship material, as they probably can't fully shut out a certain part of how they process things. When Elizabeth Taylor died (no big loss, sorry), it turned out that Richard Burton was probably the true love of her life, and he was supposedly bisexual. The same was true of Marlon Brando, which takes a stretching of the mind to believe, yet women were willing to carry his children.
Wrong.Marlon was gay,he admitted to it, and so was John Wayne.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:41 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
so was John Wayne.
Doubtful, Rural.

I only have two opinions of him:
a) he was not a great actor, and had little range, and
b) it was friggin stupid for (shallow) Orange County to name its airport after him.

Still, keep this to metro Memphis, your neck of the woods ...

Old 10-29-2012, 10:57 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,467,333 times
I still think the OP has a truly bisexual person and someone who is confused and trying to hide it confused.

Someone who is bisexual and comfortable with his or her sexuality would be no more a concern to cheating then any straight person while a guy who is confused or trying to hide his sexuality would be more likely to cheat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships