Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 06:19 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
He's an idiot for getting married and cheating just like tiger woods, I can't feel sorry for them. No one cares when men screw around as long as their not married(Derek jeter, George Clooney, etc). When I said I "can't blame him" I mean can't blame him for not being physically attracted to his partner anymore. He's still wrong for stepping out

And for the record I've never hated on goldiggers, I respect their hustle. Any woman who can get a rich or powerful guy to put a ring on it is a winner to me because that's a difficult task

Okay gotcha, I mean granted she's nothing to write home about at this point neither is he though. The younger woman was just using him to get ahead in her career; John Edwards mistress used him too like that and is still collecting checks for the baby, so too bad for him! I don't feel sorry for him.....I don't agree with what gold diggers do, but these men pick these bimbos based on looks who likely have nothing else going for them and then get snowed. How is that their problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 06:26 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,691,942 times
Quote:
He's still wrong but he probably just wasnt physically attracted to her anymore.

And you really can't blame him.
If this was a case of a married woman cheating on her husband because she probably didn't find her old, balding, paunchy husband attractive anymore, would you not blame her?

So she's not sexually attractive anymore. What do people expect? Do they think their perky young wives stay that way forever? As time goes on, people become old. They become wrinkly, saggy, white-haired, bald and frumpy. It's a fact of life. Anyone who thinks it's okay to cheat on a SO just because they become old and less attractive is a moron who should not get married.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:30 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Okay gotcha, I mean granted she's nothing to write home about at this point neither is he though. The younger woman was just using him to get ahead in her career; John Edwards mistress used him too like that and is still collecting checks for the baby, so too bad for him! I don't feel sorry for him.....I don't agree with what gold diggers do, but these men pick these bimbos based on looks who likely have nothing else going for them and then get snowed. How is that their problem?
That's the thing though, I can understand if dude looked like Clooney but he's old and washed up too lol. As for goldiggers your right, these men picked these women so when it blows up in our face don't say anything. I'm consistent though, I don't feel sorry for women who pick bad men and I also don't feel sorry for men who pick bad women. Even though I do believe women who pick bad men tend to get more criticized.

But I've always wondered why these men in high ranks get so much tail on the side. Is it like the position that attracts the women? I mean its not just recently, we've heard stories of JFK cheating on Jackie o with women like Marilyn Monroe, Mimi Alford etc.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:30 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
If this was a case of a married woman cheating on her husband because she probably didn't find her old, balding, paunchy husband attractive anymore, would you not blame her?
Women cheat on their geezer husbands because they've either become cranky old men (in addition to all the above), or they can't get it up anymore, and aren't interested in trying. Geezerhood is not pretty for most men. And it tends to set in earlier than it does for women.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:32 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:

So she's not sexually attractive anymore. What do people expect? Do they think their perky young wives stay that way forever? As time goes on, people become old. They become wrinkly, saggy, white-haired, bald and frumpy. It's a fact of life. Anyone who thinks it's okay to cheat on a SO just because they become old and less attractive is a moron who should not get married.
Oh, but I'm sure Patreaus is still super buff, has a six pack, a full head of thick hair and can get it up when a breeze hits it.

Men apparently never age, just women.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:33 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
Quote:

Again, I didn't ok the cheating I've always felt it was wrong. What I said was that I don't blame him for not being attracted to his wife because she's not a very attractive woman in the first place not that I didn't blame him for stepping out

Old 11-18-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
That's the thing though, I can understand if dude looked like Clooney but he's old and washed up too lol. As for goldiggers your right, these men picked these women so when it blows up in our face don't say anything. I'm consistent though, I don't feel sorry for women who pick bad men and I also don't feel sorry for men who pick bad women. Even though I do believe women who pick bad men tend to get more criticized.

But I've always wondered why these men in high ranks get so much tail on the side. Is it like the position that attracts the women? I mean its not just recently, we've heard stories of JFK cheating on Jackie o with women like Marilyn Monroe, Mimi Alford etc.

I agree with you on that, I don't feel sorry for these women that keep going after deadbeats and then crying about it. There's a woman on here made a thread about 'why do I keep getting used by men?' Gee, I don't know, why the hell do you think?

I see women getting criticized for picking these losers but if it's a man they turn it around and say the woman fooled him.

The high ranking men are probably getting these women b/c the women want to get ahead in their careers or they're getting hush money. I don't know what kind of woman you have to be to run around with another woman's husband, anyways. A lot of these women today are just flat out trashy. Well JFK could get women, he wasn't unattractive. Clinton isn't what you'd say, attractive physically, but he's very charismatic but Monica wasn't good looking either. Most of the 'regular' men I seen cheat with 10s or women that are 2s compared to their wives....do you know why they pick the latter?

goodnite.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:04 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think the question isn't that they don't think their wives will grow old, it's that they don't think THEY will grow old.
This is the biggest thing, really, in a nutshell.

My ex's chronically philandering father is a prime example of one who is always trying, transparently and rather pathetically, to regain lost youth. I would almost pity him if he hadn't blithely gone through (and is, I'm sure, continuing to go through) life screwing up loads of other lives in the process and not giving two craps about it.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:12 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
There are men who cheat on their attractive wives too. I've been reading a book by an ex-prostitute. She says the main reason why men cheat on their wives is because they are not getting enough attention. The same can be said for wives too though.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
There are men who cheat on their attractive wives too. I've been reading a book by an ex-prostitute. She says the main reason why men cheat on their wives is because they are not getting enough attention. The same can be said for wives too though.

what book is that? (I am an avid reader). Just wondering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships