Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 06:35 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,777 times

Advertisements

I guess loyalty means nothing. I used to work in a nursing home and it's funny but the cheaters always end up alone. Once you get old and feeble the gf can't be bothered the old shoe wife is expected to take care of her man. What's the point of staying with someone and being a good wife when they only care about how hot you are? Like you're going to be "hot" until the day you die.

Last edited by Jasper03; 11-16-2012 at 07:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 06:48 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Some unfortunate things have been said about the general's wife. She's 60 years old. She's been married to him for more than half her life. That's a long time to be a military wife. It takes a toll. I know. I was raised by a career military man and I spent many years in the military myself. It's tough on wives and families. The hours are erratic, there are constant moves, you don't always end up in a garden spot and there can be months and years of separation. During the latter, there's no guarantee the servicemember is going to return alive. So as I said, it takes a toll. Consequently, I have to give a lot of credit and admiration to military spouses. That's all!
Word.

I know this all too well having two Air Force parents among many others. Let's not forget that a number of military families deal with the after effects of service long after retirement and/or seperation. One uncle still has schrapnel from Vietnam, another has PTSD after nearly dying in a copter crash in Afghanistan, and my mother has respiratory problems. Two out of three have spouses who have stayed along their side through it all.

Don't get me wrong. The military will give you experiences you will never forget but it will also usually require a sacrifice you or your family ain't know nothing about.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:04 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,303,568 times
This isn't even about men in power. Average salary men with average looks are still cheating on their wives with younger women. Happens everyday.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:46 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
I've never heard any man who thinks his wife won't grow old

Old 11-16-2012, 07:53 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Tiger Woods wife left.

Well, Mrs. P is 60. If he wants to stay, she probably will let him due to their age.
Hopefully they can work it out and not end up divorced.

Her being 60 doesn't mean she's dead nor does it mean she's relegated to stay with a cheater. If I was 85 I would leave a man that cheated on me, period. I don't get that mentality.

Hopefully they can get a divorce and she can get her dignity back at this point though I'm with you, that she will stay and turn a blind eye to his next round of tramps.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:19 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,140,085 times
I'll say Petraeus' wife is more attractive on the inside than this type-A social climber mistress.

Amid the gay marriage debate, I'm getting past sick of cheating and failed straight marriages! Technically, shouldn't proven adulterers reimburse the government for illegimate tax savings?

[and I'm a straight Democrat]

Old 11-16-2012, 08:21 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
well ill tell u that dont die easy i gave up paying the premium for my ex.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:16 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Her being 60 doesn't mean she's dead nor does it mean she's relegated to stay with a cheater. If I was 85 I would leave a man that cheated on me, period. I don't get that mentality.

Hopefully they can get a divorce and she can get her dignity back at this point though I'm with you, that she will stay and turn a blind eye to his next round of tramps.
We don't know if he'll cheat again. People often take each other for granted in marriage. Something like this could be a wake up call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I'll say Petraeus' wife is more attractive on the inside than this type-A social climber mistress.
I feel that way too.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:09 AM

113 posts, read 180,896 times
It is very sad that things like this happen everyday. I am getting married next week, and I certainly don't expect my future wife to "never grow old." I think that one of the best things about marriage is being able to grow old together and being able to take care of each other along the way. It just boggles my mind how men can leave their loyal wives who have been there through thick and thin and helped raise their children for some 20 year old mistress. Maybe I am just programmed differently than most men.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:29 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Maybe Petraeus is truly remorseful.

We'll see if Petraeus completely throws the mistress under the bus like Clinton did.
It sounds like she's done a good enough job herself. No bus-throwing necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships