Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 07:18 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,168,495 times

Advertisements

All through human history, men have traded in their wife of forty for two twenties. It sucks but that's just how the human male is built - we have a very primitive sex drive that doesn't take into consideration how "appropriate" sex would be ...... if she's hot, we want her and it takes a huge amount of willpower to fight the temptation. Petraus saw Broadwell often, it was only a matter of time before something happened if there was any attraction.

http://www.bellenews.com/wp-content/...257.jpg?9707a5

Last edited by Keeper; 11-16-2012 at 05:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 07:19 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,929,816 times
The thing is it is not over . . . karma is a *****.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:21 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
When you're in a high profile position that dictates a particular semblance of character and integrity, you have to be realistic about the fact that if you comport yourself in a way that doesn't really bear witness to that, it comes at a price. The man knows politics, and knew that he couldn't likely keep much secret.

You also need to know better than to surround yourself with whackjobs when your job(s) involve(s) national security matters.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:22 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Good lord, the woman nearly IS bald.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:25 PM

692 posts, read 1,005,064 times
I'll admit. When I first saw their photo I too thought she was his mom. Mistresses don't have to be "hot". Different and willing are two big criteria. Youth is a third. That they shared a similar background and she adored him made her a lock. Rumors are swirling that this was not the General's first affair and he and his wife basically lived separate lives. This time she will not be ignored! It still doesn't make what he did right at all. Back when they first got together she was a young cutie, her dad ran West Point and marrying her no doubt boosted his career.

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/f...etraeus-we.jpg

Last edited by Keeper; 11-16-2012 at 05:46 AM.. Reason: Copyright violation

Old 11-15-2012, 07:28 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,902,033 times
I find it amusing that all the women here are so focused on the fact that he cheated, yet no one seems to mention that she too was married!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:31 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
I'm surprised no one made a thread about this.

I'm pretty sure everyones heard about the David Patraeus affair.Head of CIA cheating with some journalist lady.

But anyway here's him and his wife:

Here's the mistress:

All over the net, Men are goin iiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn on his wife. Main thing everyone's saying?

"I would cheat too if my wife looked like that"

I mean , they been married for 40yrs. So I'm pretty sure she's looked like that for a minute.I also don't see how you can compare his 30yr old mistress to his 60(SIXTY) yr old wife.

And no offense, but she looks like your average 60yr old white woman to me. I personally don't think she looks bad at all

I'm in no way saying to let yourself go. But men in general act like their woman isn't supposed to age. Eventually gravity takes its toll, and looks will fade.

And to be fair, if this dude wasn't in the position he was in, I'm pretty sure that broad wouldn't have been sleeping with him. He too looks like the average 60yr old
I agree. They fully expect these regular women who have probably been working full time and/or raising kids, without the luxury of having a personal trainer, maids etc. to age like Demi Moore. Yea sure. Patraeus wife was probably fine and dandy for him when younger (I mean he chose her) but now she's aged and he wants someone looks like she could be his daughter. This is typical and not surprising at all. They have out of control egos.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:31 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
None of three are attractive. He looks dorky, wife looks frumpy, and mistress looks like she is under study to the crypt keeper.

And he can't be very bright; he knows he'll lose his job if caught, and no one in the lime light or high powered positions can keep this stuff secret.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:32 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
I find it amusing that the women here are so focussed on the fact that he cheated, yet no one seems to mention that she too was married!.
The OP is: "So men still think their wives won't grow old?", not "So women will cheat on their husbands to get close to power?" You can start another thread if you want.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:34 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
I find it amusing that all the women here are so focused on the fact that he cheated, yet no one seems to mention that she too was married!
Women get mad when men cheat. It's up to men to get mad when women cheat. Perhaps you men need to speak up about her cheating on her husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships