Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 02:33 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,404,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I'm a woman.
oh sorry, in that case where do you meet men you often date?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 02:49 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,029,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
oh sorry, in that case where do you meet men you often date?
Pretty much anywhere. The last two I dated approached me in the store (he's known as yogurt guy here) and on local running trails (puppy guy).

I've been followed around PETCO and asked out. I've dated guys from work. One guy from online (not doing that again).

There's no magic location.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:52 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,404,255 times
Quote:
Pretty much anywhere. The last two I dated approached me in the store (he's known as yogurt guy here) and on local running trails (puppy guy).

I've been followed around PETCO and asked out. I've dated guys from work. One guy from online (not doing that again).

There's no magic location.
how did it go with dating someone from work? I feel like this is a touchy subject only cause of the stuff that can go wrong if it doesnt work out

Old 12-11-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
how did it go with dating someone from work? I feel like this is a touchy subject only cause of the stuff that can go wrong if it doesnt work out
I've never had a bad experience, but I know how to handle myself and like men who can as well. I stay away from those who have a flare for the dramatic.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:38 PM

188 posts, read 304,859 times
It's very easy for some men to attract women because these men have more attractive qualities in them and these qualities really turn a lot of women on.

The qualities in a man that I found to turn a lot of women on are:

1. Strength and durability. Some men are much stronger and are more durable than others. Strength and durability are important in some sense because stronger and more durable men can provide more security to a woman and will likely will win in a fight if it ever occured.

2. Passive-aggressive confidence. Confidence is attractive.

3. Smelling good and fresh. Smelling good is key when attracting women. Also flatulence or any other bad smells can really be a turn-off.

4. A lot of money. Some men have a lot of money and can more easily please a lot of women with their money like buying them expensive goods and giving them a better quality of life.

So as you can see, some men are simply superior to others and have more to offer.

Last edited by Mr. Freak; 12-11-2012 at 05:04 PM..

Old 12-11-2012, 07:49 PM

588 posts, read 797,742 times
Quote:
I've been followed around PETCO and asked out.
I'm curious to know if you accepted this date. As for myself, I am fairly outgoing and friendly, but I can't imagine walking up to a lady in a store and asking her out. Sometimes I wonder how many men actually do this and how successful that would be.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:53 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,167,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
I'm curious to know if you accepted this date. As for myself, I am fairly outgoing and friendly, but I can't imagine walking up to a lady in a store and asking her out. Sometimes I wonder how many men actually do this and how successful that would be.
In modern society this can be a risky proposition. But the PETCO example makes sense to me...the presence of small, cutesy and furry animals are a natural deactivator of a woman's defense mechanisms against strangers hitting on her.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
I did not, but it wasn't because of PETCO or his approach. He started talking to me and asked what kind of dog I have. When I told him I have a pitbull the look of fear on his face told me everything I needed to know.

Aside from that, he didn't present himself well enough for me to want to see what his reaction to my dog was about (baggy pants, baggy tshirt, untied shoes = NO). I'm attracted to guys that are clean-cut.

I have accepted dates from men who approached me in stores, though. A guy I dated just recently asked me out when I was perusing the yogurt flavors in the store.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:37 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,346,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I think you just answered your own question! (see bolded part above). I think that's the difference between you and your friends, they are willing to take anyone they can get and see where it goes, whereas you're more serious about it. But there is such a thing as being too picky as well. You may be missing out on a great relationship by not going on a few dates and seeing where they lead.

And personally, I don't believe you need to feel strongly about someone before you date them, because as you experienced, by the time you got around to a girl you were interested in, she was already taken. Those feelings should develop after you go on a date and get to know them, IMO.
I agree. A first date means nothing and it's, generally, foolish to let someone go after just one date.

I'm not saying go out with anyone, but there's not that much to lose with just going out once or twice. Screening too stringently (way before you even know the other person well enough to gauge compatibility) is a mistake. Give other people a shot and then decide!

Old 12-11-2012, 08:39 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,751,021 times
Some people are 'undateable' and very few want them in the first place and the ones that do, maybe that person wouldn't want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships