Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
Yes, never married and no kids. In your second sentence, you sound a lot like my co-workers.
Women are everywhere. At Petco, the grocery store, art galleries, cooking classes, yoga classes, weekend sports clubs/hiking, concerts, film festivals, bookstores and book readings, the gym, charity dinners, church/temple/synagogue, etc. One thing the successful daters among the guys here do, is they talk to random women every day. They just start up a casual chat with women who cross their path. Burglar09 said once he talks to 10 women/day. I don't know how accurate that was, but if the real figure was even a fraction of that, it explains his success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 10:25 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,381,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Women are everywhere. At Petco, the grocery store, art galleries, cooking classes, yoga classes, weekend sports clubs/hiking, concerts, film festivals, bookstores and book readings, the gym, charity dinners, church/temple/synagogue, etc. One thing the successful daters among the guys here do, is they talk to random women every day. They just start up a casual chat with women who cross their path. Burglar09 said once he talks to 10 women/day. I don't know how accurate that was, but if the real figure was even a fraction of that, it explains his success.
That's the shotgun approach. What fun is that? Anybody who does some analysis can cull women they wouldn't be interested in. I never liked going on dates to "learn" about someone. I went on dates once I was reasonably certain I liked them.

To the OP, some people are serial daters. They attract similar types. They both convey that serial dater energy ... and waste each other's time (and money). I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic.

If in college or in a work related setting, you get to "test drive" the personality ahead of time. The dating then helps one "test drive" the sexual chemistry, among other things. And, with a Catholic upbringing, I think it's less of a "sin" to eschew a situation with bad sexual chemistry than create a formalized mess that needs undoing later.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,224,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
Exactly this is me. I'm always polite and clean and good hygiene. Anytime I find a girl I'm remotely interested in, she has a boyfriend. I don't like the idea of approaching a pretty woman in the grocery store. Might get slapped for being creepy?
No you won't. I do it relatively often. Never been slapped once.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I went on dates once I was reasonably certain I liked them.
Right, but first the men have to actually meet and get to know women, somehow. That's where regularly-scheduled activities, like classes, weekend sports, volunteering, church, gym, etc. come in handy. You can get to know people before you date them.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:34 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,381,834 times
Quote:
You can get to know people before you date them.
If you frame it that way, then I agree.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:35 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Right, but first the men have to actually meet and get to know women, somehow. That's where regularly-scheduled activities, like classes, weekend sports, volunteering, church, gym, etc. come in handy. You can get to know people before you date them.
This is very true. I use to go to my friends church group that had a fun volley ball team. A good way to mingle.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
That's the key really.

A lot of guys are scared of rejection, but rejection is part of the game. Any guy that's good with girls gets rejected more than not (despite what they may say).

On any given night, I'll get rejected tons of times before I'll get a girl. There have been nights where I've gone out at 11 PM, approached for 4 hours straight, got rejected every single time, then met a girl at 3 AM. It happens and it's worth it.

I met a girl I dated in 7/11. She was definitely one of the coolest girls I've ever met. Prior to her, I made a decent amount of approaches (maybe around 20ish) in supermarkets and got absolutely nothing. She was definitely worth the 20 rejections. If you look at it that way, then you'll be successful.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
That's the key really.

A lot of guys are scared of rejection, but rejection is part of the game. Any guy that's good with girls gets rejected more than not (despite what they may say).

On any given night, I'll get rejected tons of times before I'll get a girl. There have been nights where I've gone out at 11 PM, approached for 4 hours straight, got rejected every single time, then met a girl at 3 AM. It happens and it's worth it.

I met a girl I dated in 7/11. She was definitely one of the coolest girls I've ever met. Prior to her, I made a decent amount of approaches (maybe around 20ish) in supermarkets and got absolutely nothing. She was definitely worth the 20 rejections. If you look at it that way, then you'll be successful.
I like these success stories. It's good to know there are guys out there, approaching. It's hard to tell around here, sometimes...

Old 12-12-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
That's the shotgun approach. What fun is that? Anybody who does some analysis can cull women they wouldn't be interested in. I never liked going on dates to "learn" about someone. I went on dates once I was reasonably certain I liked them.

To the OP, some people are serial daters. They attract similar types. They both convey that serial dater energy ... and waste each other's time (and money). I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic.

If in college or in a work related setting, you get to "test drive" the personality ahead of time. The dating then helps one "test drive" the sexual chemistry, among other things. And, with a Catholic upbringing, I think it's less of a "sin" to eschew a situation with bad sexual chemistry than create a formalized mess that needs undoing later.
While I do think it's a good idea to have several interests and meet girls that way, this is still terrible advice.

You can meet awesome girls anywhere....and you should give everyone a chance.

OP, this is another guy that I see post often, but gives a weird vibe. I'd take anything he has to say with a grain of salt.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
I like these success stories. It's good to know there are guys out there, approaching. It's hard to tell around here, sometimes...
Haha agreed.

The vast majority of guys on here are either complaining about not getting girls (which we later find out it's because they're not approaching) or are actually encouraging guys NOT to approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships