Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 05:27 PM

588 posts, read 798,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
It pretty much is. With some additional thoughts:

1) Don't dress as if you do all your shopping down at the thrift store.
2) Don't subsist on a diet of Quarter Pounders and Doritos.
3) Don't live with your mother.
4) Don't forget to groom yourself every day.
5) Don't neglect seeing a dentist.
6) Don't lunge at any woman who smiles at you in the same manner that a starving man attacks the buffet at Golden Corral.
7) Don't mention your model airplane collection, your Dungeons and Dragons figurines, or your high score in World Of Warcraft until about your tenth, thirtieth, or fiftieth date respectively.
8) Don't talk about you in the opening stages of knowing her. Talk about her.
9) Don't treat her like she's all that.
10) Don't stare at her boobs.
11) Don't mention your mother and your past girlfriends
12) Don't ask her out as if you're pleading with the banker for an extension on your loan
1. My close are generally from Kohl's and I generally wear slacks and a matching shirt.
2. I maintain a pretty strict diet with regular exercise, so I'm more healthy than most 40 year olds.
3. I own my own house.
4. Grooming: check I do care about my appearance.
5. Dentist: check, although only once per year
6. I control all my lunges, but not necessary because I never notice a woman smiling at me.
7. I don't play any video games (and I don't even joke about my love of Star Trek)
8. My communication skills are really ok, but this is not an issue because I never talk with women who are potential dating partners.
9. Again, not an issue at this time, but helpful advice when dating.
10. " "
11. " "
12. I'm really laid-back and would never beg a lady to go out with me.

I do appreciate your message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 05:28 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,053,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
Yes, I'm older - in my early 40s. Anyway, as soon as I leave PETCO, I'll go find you at the yogurt section*.

*In the unlikely event that I'm still single after an entire day at PETCO
Never married and no kids? If so, you should have plenty of opportunities to meet women.

It is simple, but simple doesn't always mean easy. People tend to forget that.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
#13) be interesting, live a full life and dont make let women validate ur existence
Yes, I completely agree. I have many interests and get to spend time in other countries every year, so I'm not always sulking. I do appreciate that my life is not very stressful.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Never married and no kids? If so, you should have plenty of opportunities to meet women.
Yes, never married and no kids. In your second sentence, you sound a lot like my co-workers.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:40 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,053,870 times
Quote:
Yes, never married and no kids. In your second sentence, you sound a lot like my co-workers.
Sorry... guess it's easy to do.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:30 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,230,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, you'd think. But that list is a distillation of all the problems I've seen on these threads over the years. Because if he's some overweight schlub who wears not just plaid but brown plaid all the time, has his hair cut as if somebody popped a colander on his head and began snipping, and babbles on and on about nonsensical crap that doesn't matter a hill of beans to a woman, then he could talk to 10,000 women a day and not get anywhere.
From what I've seen IRL, most guys that complain about not getting girls aren't that extreme. They're usually just normal guys that either don't approach, don't make a move, get too emotional about things, or keep doing the same wrong thing over and over again.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:33 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,230,136 times
Quote:
1. My close are generally from Kohl's and I generally wear slacks and a matching shirt.
2. I maintain a pretty strict diet with regular exercise, so I'm more healthy than most 40 year olds.
3. I own my own house.
6. I control all my lunges, but not necessary because I never notice a woman smiling at me.
7. I don't play any video games (and I don't even joke about my love of Star Trek)
8. My communication skills are really ok, but this is not an issue because I never talk with women who are potential dating partners.
10. " "
11. " "

From your description, you sound like a normal, functioning human being that is able to interact with other humans.

Focus on the five points that I listed and you'll be fine.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:22 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,342,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
From what I've seen IRL, most guys that complain about not getting girls aren't that extreme. They're usually just normal guys that either don't approach, don't make a move, get too emotional about things, or keep doing the same wrong thing over and over again.
Exactly this is me. I'm always polite and clean and good hygiene. Anytime I find a girl I'm remotely interested in, she has a boyfriend. I don't like the idea of approaching a pretty woman in the grocery store. Might get slapped for being creepy?

Old 12-12-2012, 09:26 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,327,022 times
Quote:
3. I own my own house.
10. " "
11. " "

This is what I'm keying on. Why not?

Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,342,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I think cpg's tone is condescending, but his words are on point. OP, pretty much follow this and you'll be golden. Opportunities abound... you are surrounded by wonderful women who would appreciate some fun and appropriately proportinial attention. (Don't smother women you just met, just flirt a bit.) There's no need to pine for the college girl. Instead, come up with some fun things to do with friends or by yourself, do them, and keep an eye out for women who might enjoy an invite to come with.
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships