Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 08:28 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobchen7 View Post
I was trying to think of an Asian American male sex symbol, and couldn't come up with one. .
Um hello?

Daniel Dae Kim is beau-ti-ful.

Daniel Dae Kim - IMDb

He was BORN in Korea. Does that not count?

Bruce Lee was Chinese and very sexy.

Do they have to be Asian-American?

Old 01-03-2013, 08:31 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
I live in a semi-diverse area in California (it's around 50% Caucasian and 50% Asian), and I've been attracted to quite a few Caucasian girls throughout my life. Some of my Asian friends have dated White girls but I'm not sure about you girls' general idea of dating an Asian man...
I'm 5'10, quite athletic/built, and I think I'm a fun guy to be around once you get to know me.

Be 100% honest ladies would you date someone like me?
I'm from Lake Forest, went to UCI and dated a guy who was half Italian, half Japanese. He was a math tutor and smoking hot. He was also fun to be around and one of the best kissers of my life.

You're in Irvine. It's not Bumchuck, Ohio. You'll be fine!

Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 AM

78 posts, read 381,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Um hello?

Daniel Dae Kim is beau-ti-ful.

Daniel Dae Kim - IMDb

He was BORN in Korea. Does that not count?

Bruce Lee was Chinese and very sexy.

Do they have to be Asian-American?

Haha I didn't say that I meant to quote litlove71

Old 01-03-2013, 08:43 AM

78 posts, read 381,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm from Lake Forest, went to UCI and dated a guy who was half Italian, half Japanese. He was a math tutor and smoking hot. He was also fun to be around and one of the best kissers of my life.

You're in Irvine. It's not Bumchuck, Ohio. You'll be fine!

I'm full Asian though... But you're right, it is Irvine

Old 01-03-2013, 09:57 AM

349 posts, read 459,881 times
[quote=Jacobchen7;27600616]I was trying to think of an Asian American male sex symbol, and couldn't come up with one. quote]

Russell Wong. I don't know if he is what you would call a sex symbol, but he is good looking. I included a clip from the "Romeo Must Die" movie. He is the guy in the black suit and red shirt. He was most recently in an Ikea commercial.

Romeo Must Die, Bar Fight (HD Quality) Put it on 720p for the best quality - YouTube

Old 01-03-2013, 10:05 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
I live in a semi-diverse area in California (it's around 50% Caucasian and 50% Asian), and I've been attracted to quite a few Caucasian girls throughout my life. Some of my Asian friends have dated White girls but I'm not sure about you girls' general idea of dating an Asian man...
I'm 5'10, quite athletic/built, and I think I'm a fun guy to be around once you get to know me.

Be 100% honest ladies would you date someone like me?
Why not? What's the big deal?

Old 01-03-2013, 10:08 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
I was trying to think of an Asian American male sex symbol, and couldn't come up with one. There are actors from other countries that have done American movies that would fit the bill, but to me this is very telling. It's NICE to hear your generation seems less effected. If you intend to relocate, this might not be the case, unfortunately. I think Hawaii tends to be the state with the most Caucasian female, Asian male biracial couples.

No I think I'm fine right here lol I mean stereotypes are just stereotypes right? I think the majority of girls would judge me as an individual. I have a lot of faith that there's open minded women out there.
It doesn't matter. Now with the internet and Netflix, American gals can see guys from Hong Kong, Japan and Korea. Like Takeshi Kaneshiero, Daniel Wu, Won Bin, and Lee-Ki Woo. A lot of non-Asian women watch all those Korean and Japanese movies and dramas and like Asian men. And they sometimes even prefer. But there's a catch.

The problem I have witnessed first hand is that non-Asian women may like Asian men but you need to look like those movie stars to be attractive to them. Very few Asian guys look like those movie stars, maybe 2-3%. The average Asian guy isn't even close, so that woman wouldn't be attracted to the average Asian guy.

But that same woman would be attracted to a lot more average men of their own race/ethnicity. At least this is what I've witnessed.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:09 AM

[quote=Kaffegal05;27602405]
Quote:
I was trying to think of an Asian American male sex symbol, and couldn't come up with one. quote]

Russell Wong. I don't know if he is what you would call a sex symbol, but he is good looking. I included a clip from the "Romeo Must Die" movie. He is the guy in the black suit and red shirt. He was most recently in an Ikea commercial.

Romeo Must Die, Bar Fight (HD Quality) Put it on 720p for the best quality - YouTube
Half white. White women don't usually think Asian features are attractive. But they will almost always go for a half white guy. It's more about pure looks than racism.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:15 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
What does the presence or absence of Asian sex symbol guys on the American radar have to do with whether someone would go out with a nice, good-looking Asian guy who crosses her path?

Old 01-03-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What does the presence or absence of Asian sex symbol guys on the American radar have to do with whether someone would go out with a nice, good-looking Asian guy who crosses her path?
Attraction is all media driven. So the influx of more Asian men into the media helps, but for now, not that much.

Why do you think Asians are so much more attractive to Caucasian men than Caucasian women? Media portrayal.

Sure, there's people who take each other at a deeper than face value, but most people need the physical attraction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships