Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 02:43 PM

78 posts, read 381,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
this is a loaded question. if u say yes then why wont u date me but will date him.
if u say no u r a racist.
So in other words it depends on the certain Asian man right?
If yes, that's all I was asking I know that just because you would date a certain one doesn't mean you will date them all. Is that what you mean?

Old 01-03-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post
I totally agree with this, SoCal has a minority of anglo-whites, a lot of intermixed people as well as various ethnicities. Stereotypically, East Asians only want to date Anglo-whites, the "other whites" don't really attract them as much, this is social climbing mechanism maybe.

Haha no I know many Indian and Persian girls I would date. And I definitely consider middle easterners as part of the question. And I really could care less for getting a girlfriend to boost my social status because I believed in equality amongst races in the first place.

Hope I didn't offend anybody

Old 01-03-2013, 02:58 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,550,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post
Hi, yes I love Asian men but I am from California hence I grew up with a bunch of them. However, I would not want to be with an Asian guy who ONLY dates white.

To OP - what about other ethnic backgrounds, are Asian men open to date other ethnic backgrounds, black?
As an Asian male, I'll only date white. That's because I don't think my wife would approve of me dating someone else.

As a thought process, if I was suddenly single, my preference would would still be Caucasian, but I'd be open to dating any ethnicity based on their personality. Personality will always win out over ethnicity.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:00 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,680,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobchen7 View Post
Well I apologize now seeing that you are a woman (assuming you didn't change it just for the sake of argument). However, media depiction of ethnic minorities is definitely stereotypical, come on you should know that as an African American. And what you stated earlier is pretty much regarding stereotypes regarding Asian men. Not all black men are thugs just like not all Asian men are asexual scrawny nerds. Again, if you really are a woman then please accept my apology. But please acknowledge that most people in 2013 judge people as individuals rather than character portrayal in media. If we all believed in stereotypes, we wouldn't have an African American president.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and I hope you can see where I'm coming from.
Again stereotyping isn't the same thing as racial preferences in dating. Obama's race is irrelevant to the discussion. You can't guilt trip white people into dating you, which exactly what you are doing here.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:00 PM

830 posts, read 1,667,214 times
Default West is west

I would rather date an Asian-American man than a man from Asia. Westernization makes a huge difference to me, not looks, facial features, etc.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Again stereotyping isn't the same thing as racial preferences in dating. Obama's race is irrelevant You can't guilt trip white people into dating you, which exactly what you are doing here.
But you clearly stated that Asian men were considered asexual nerds- a stereotype. I used the analogy because black men are stereotypically criminals.
What I'm saying is that were all individuals that are judged differently from one another, can we agree?

Old 01-03-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayah(812) View Post
I would rather date an Asian-American man than a man from Asia. Westernization makes a huge difference to me, not looks, facial features, etc.
Yes that's what I meant: westernized Asian men.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:16 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,680,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobchen7 View Post
But you clearly stated that Asian men were considered asexual nerds- a stereotype. I used the analogy because black men are stereotypically criminals.
What I'm saying is that were all individuals that are judged differently from one another, can we agree?
No I didn't:

Quote:
Sure you can find women to date, but lets be honest. The number will be much MUCH lower than that of white men willing to date Asian women. Asian men have been emasculated in US society and only recently has that started to change. It wasn't so long ago that Asian men were all PORTRAYED as nerdy eunuchs with no social skill.

I said that this about how asian men were presented in the media. (I could go back pre-tv as well but don't want to get into teaching a history lesson.) And the media shapes who is considered to be attractive for most people.

Just ask a fat girl of any race.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:19 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,983 times
If I was single, yes.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
No I didn't:

I said that this about how asian men were presented in the media. (I could go back pre-tv as well but don't want to get into teaching a history lesson.) And the media shapes who is considered to be attractive for most people.

Just ask a fat girl of any race.
Wow you really have some issues no offense. Like I told you many times, portrayal and reality is SEPARATE. If we portrayed whites as monsters, we will still see them as humans. Be real and please leave my thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships