Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 11:40 AM

78 posts, read 381,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't know what part of my post lacked class

I was saying good things about Asian guys, If I would have dusted off some old stereotypes about being little geeky nerds, I could see the blatant hostility you'd have......

Once again...
No I actually meant "thanks for the classy post" lol

What I added was that I don't think what people see on the screen is what they see in real life (in person).
Just because there's a stereotype about my kind doesn't mean people will see me as that. I think you misunderstood.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 PM

153 posts, read 434,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
As opposed to places where Asian-Americans are a "novelty" and women stereotype them because they are not used to seeing them at all?
ya, IT IS for the OP's benefit, if he is fetishized, AWESOME for him, he gets a White woman instead of posting a thread like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobchen7 View Post
Haha I'm not moving man I'm fine right here in Socal
then why even post this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
But the women in Iowa, Minnesota, the Dakotas, etc. are not necessarily very stylish or fit. And why would he want to be a "novelty" if he is looking for real connections and relationships?

He doesn't need to move, he just needs to have confidence and make the first move. Non-Asian women do date and marry Asian men; I have and I know several non-Asian women who are married to Asian men.
Stylish or fit? UH, Minnesota has ONE OF THE LOWEST obesity rates in the country and a lot of stylish women in the bigger cities, travel there before you speak such nonsense.

An Asian man in a mostly White area will have an easier time attracting White women, which the OP wants so bad. In So Cal, he won't have that big of a chance, since stereotypes against Asian men are pretty bad from my experience. Heck, they even did the yellow fever youtube video on it.

OP, if you want to have a lot of success with White women, location is almost everything. YOU will have more success in Denmark, Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, and those type of states/areas than in Southern California. Now if you are looking down on those women for not being up to standards then I want to say

1. You are wrong, they are beautiful women in that state, Minnesota has one of the lowest obesity rates in the country

2. Don't whine about White women in southern cal refusing to get with you when you are rejecting White girls in small name areas for that very reason

If you are happy where you are at, then there is no need to post this thread at all.

Last edited by A Cold Shower; 01-04-2013 at 12:18 PM..

Old 01-04-2013, 12:16 PM

I might just be wasting my time. Now OP, I gave you a very good piece of advice, if you refuse to take action then that is your own undoing. I am speaking from my experience and the experience of Asian men I have met. Refer to the story about my Asian friend from Santa Monica who was overlooked by the White women in that area despite being in great shape and having a lot of interesting hobbies. Yes, he did date White women but looks wise they were below his league. When he went to Minnesota he was dating women who were gorgeous and often the women were interested in dating him because he was different.

Southern California girls are just harder in general to pull, many of them from my experience have sky high egos. Also, Asian men are portrayed so negatively in that area that yes to an extent your appearance will be a setback in terms of attracting White women. It is just how it works. Not to say you can't date a 9/10 Blonde but you will have to be top tier, have lots of money, have great looks, and everything.

So either start being more open minded by giving Black, Asian, and Latina girls a chance or travel to an area with a lot of White women in it to increase your chances.

My work here is done, but if you listen to my suggestion you will be happy that you did.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:32 PM

181 posts, read 192,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post
not really, you may have a small number but in most cases these are the same type of women who will stereotype asian men in all sorts of nasty ways since they are so used to seeing them
This is JUST your opinion and it is not backed with any facts. I grew up in California, dated Asian men, my California girlfriends have dated and married Asian men and no-one has ever expressed a single narrow minded thing about Asians. I have a life experience to back this up with.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:52 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,086,359 times
Quote:
Yeah I'm not moving lol
I don't think you should move just to meet women but getting out of your comfort element is a good thing, IMO. There is a lot of country out there to see and a lot of different people to meet.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:07 PM

181 posts, read 192,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
I don't think you should move just to meet women but getting out of your comfort element is a good thing, IMO. There is a lot of country out there to see and a lot of different people to meet.
Army Guy,

I tried doing exactly that, moved to the state of Washington. It's fun to interact with new types of people and get to know new perspectives. However, I cannot wait to get back to my California, sometime in near future Really miss the diversity and the variety of foods, restaurants etc. Miss the whole Latin culture, burritos, the murals on SF walls. There was a restaurant in SF serving Sushiritos, miss those And I am still on the West Coast here.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:40 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
No I actually meant "thanks for the classy post" lol

What I added was that I don't think what people see on the screen is what they see in real life (in person).
Just because there's a stereotype about my kind doesn't mean people will see me as that. I think you misunderstood.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post
This is JUST your opinion and it is not backed with any facts. I grew up in California, dated Asian men, my California girlfriends have dated and married Asian men and no-one has ever expressed a single narrow minded thing about Asians. I have a life experience to back this up with.
I am not asian, but in so cal I even heard asian women talk down about asian men along with white women themselves. OP would be better off getting out of his element like the army poster has stated. If he was okay with where he is right now then this thread would fail to exist.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:09 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,550,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post
Army Guy,

I tried doing exactly that, moved to the state of Washington. It's fun to interact with new types of people and get to know new perspectives. However, I cannot wait to get back to my California, sometime in near future Really miss the diversity and the variety of foods, restaurants etc. Miss the whole Latin culture, burritos, the murals on SF walls. There was a restaurant in SF serving Sushiritos, miss those And I am still on the West Coast here.
You should try the Portland area.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:10 PM

78 posts, read 381,293 times
Just blocked him lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships