Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 05:56 PM

181 posts, read 192,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobchen7 View Post
Cool! But I think the majority of women in this country would prefer a man who shares her culture and traditions.
Who cares about the majority? Be the change that you want the majority to embrace. Sorry I totally made that up...you got my point though

Old 01-03-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Takeshi Kaneshiro is half Chinese half Chinese...I wonder if he's single.

If so you should call him up...lol.

Thing is in Asia we do have plenty of charismatic, male sex symbols, actors, singers and performers, but in the States AM is still seen as either an asexual geek or a kung fu expert.
He is not my type, I love Asano Tadanobu, he is the actor from Itchi the Killer.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:06 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,043,246 times
Quote:
I would say that if you are confident and charismatic you will be able to attract women from any and all ethnicities...but there will always be those who will stereotype you, people whom you would not want to date anyway, so the point is moot. Also there will be those who simply will not date you based on preference, and that's fine...we all have physical preferences.
^^^^This.

And really, all that matters is that you attract those that are interested in you, not any/all women.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:15 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Takeshi Kaneshiro is half Chinese half Chinese...I wonder if he's single.

If so you should call him up...lol.

Thing is in Asia we do have plenty of charismatic, male sex symbols, actors, singers and performers, but in the States AM is still seen as either an asexual geek or a kung fu expert.

I think the Asian guys are starting to take off a bit more in the American media. I've been noticing for a few yrs seeing more in leading roles.

There is a show on TV called The Mentalist and we watch that show and there is an Asian character on there that Mrs. Chow would step over my dead body to go after.......

Old 01-03-2013, 06:24 PM

OP,
Some tips on a type of white girl that would go out with an Asian. These are not 100% proof but sort of generalizations but these might help you narrow down you "hunt"

1. She has grown up in Cali or has gone to college in Cali where there are a lot of Asians
2. She is from Hawaii (Obama's mom with Indonesian) or has gone to college there, NY or Mass work as well in some regards
3. She is studying an Asian language or something Asian related (foreign policy, architecture etc.) or has spent a substantial time in an Asian country
4. She has many Asian girlfriends/roommates, or one really close one will do as well
5. She dates other ethnicities in general

Hope this helps

Old 01-03-2013, 06:39 PM

78 posts, read 381,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
^^^^This.

And really, all that matters is that you attract those that are interested in you, not any/all women.
I completely agree. However, like 99% of young men out there, there is a fear of rejection in my mind.
Im just wondering what percentage of white women in your area would be open to dating an Asian man? Please be honest

Old 01-03-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think the Asian guys are starting to take off a bit more in the American media. I've been noticing for a few yrs seeing more in leading roles.

There is a show on TV called The Mentalist and we watch that show and there is an Asian character on there that Mrs. Chow would step over my dead body to go after.......
Well thanks for the classy post.
But what I'm trying to tell myself is that my desireability to women isn't dependent on some fictional character (or lack thereof) on a screen. I realize that the media can stir up certain stereotypes and prejudices against me but it in the end, it is who I am as an individual that will decide things. Agreed?

Old 01-03-2013, 06:51 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
I completely agree. However, like 99% of young men out there, there is a fear of rejection in my mind.
Im just wondering what percentage of white women in your area would be open to dating an Asian man? Please be honest
OP, take the info tulip posted, and use that as a base to operate from . For example, she said women who study Asian languages, culture, history would probably be open to dating Asians. So find out if there's some kind of Asia studies club at your university, and join it, even if it seems boring because you grew up with that knowledge. Join it to meet women.
**Go to Asia-themed films, and chat women up in the ticket line or lobby.
**Find out where the Asia studies grad students hang out. Comparative Religion students might be worth a shot, too.
**Organize a meetup group to go Asian restaurant-hopping. Put up notices in Asian studies departments, or in student mailboxes, or post a notice in the student newspaper, and online.

Think creatively. You can come up with your own ideas. Chatting casually with random women is good, too. Rejection happens to everyone. You can't win if you don't get into the game.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, take the info tulip posted, and use that as a base to operate from . For example, she said women who study Asian languages, culture, history would probably be open to dating Asians. So find out if there's some kind of Asia studies club at your university, and join it, even if it seems boring because you grew up with that knowledge. Join it to meet women.
**Go to Asia-themed films, and chat women up in the ticket line or lobby.
**Find out where the Asia studies grad students hang out. Comparative Religion students might be worth a shot, too.
**Organize a meetup group to go Asian restaurant-hopping. Put up notices in Asian studies departments, or in student mailboxes, or post a notice in the student newspaper, and online.

Think creatively. You can come up with your own ideas. Chatting casually with random women is good, too. Rejection happens to everyone. You can't win if you don't get into the game.
Well that's the problem... I've become so westernized over the years that I don't think I would have a lot in common with these women. However, tulip also said that girls who grew up in Cali and other diverse areas, so I'll just use that as a guideline.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:04 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,043,246 times
Quote:
Well thanks for the classy post.
But what I'm trying to tell myself is that my desireability to women isn't dependent on some fictional character (or lack thereof) on a screen. I realize that the media can stir up certain stereotypes and prejudices against me but it in the end, it is who I am as an individual that will decide things. Agreed?

You have the second part correct, that you are an individual that makes your own choices, however the media isn't doing anything to you, so you aren't their victim. My butt's flat, so is every butt shot of Kim Kardashian's wide load prejudicing me, and ultimately the media is shaping people's opinions of my butt?? Not sure why you're investing so much into the media, becaus it's never a consideration for me, or anyone else that I know, what the media portrays versus what we do and how we live in our everyday lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships