Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 PM

78 posts, read 381,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
I'm a Chinese guy, so Chinese I'm straight from Hong Kong. I've gone out with all types of women except for a redhead. Been out with Asian, white, black, Hispanic, whatever.

If a woman is attracted to you, she's attracted to you. I don't buy the whole non-Asian women aren't into Asian guys. From what I've seen, non-Asian women, more specifically white and black women, seem to be more and more attracted to Asian guys these days.

It's about self confidence but don't confuse that with an ego. Low self confidence can be spotted a mile away. If you look like you half way take care of yourself by not being sloppy and dirty in the way you dress, I'm sure you stand a good chance to attract all types of women.

Just be confident and let things go the way they will.

Yes, there will always be stereotypes but every group has stereotypes. Don't be concerned with what others think, if you're a honest, hardworking man who can halfway take care of himself, you will attract plenty of women.

I tell my GF, who is black, BTW, that there are a lot of girls who would want to date me. She doesn't believe me, though.
Btw do you live on the west coast?

Old 01-03-2013, 11:39 PM

153 posts, read 434,000 times
You would do good to move out of Southern California and move to states like Iowa, Minnesota, and North Dakota for just a short stay. I read an online blog story about an Asian guy who had a very easy time dating attractive White women in those states because he was more so of a novelty and there weren't that many Asian guys there for the women to get with. He was exotic instead of just another Asian guy. Now I read a blog post called "The Invitation: Tom Decides to visit North Dakota", the post has made it big on several forums and I found it pretty interesting.

Some stylish and fit Asian dude goes to North Dakota and sees mind shattering results with White females than he has anywhere else (including Southern Cal and other areas).

Just google "The Invitation: Tom Decides to visit North Dakota" and give it a very good read. I found it pretty interesting and it had some decent comments on it too. It is a wordpress blog but the guys writing it are well respected.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post
You would do good to move out of Southern California and move to states like Iowa, Minnesota, and North Dakota for just a short stay. I read an online blog story about an Asian guy who had a very easy time dating attractive White women in those states because he was more so of a novelty and there weren't that many Asian guys there for the women to get with. He was exotic instead of just another Asian guy. Now I read a blog post called "The Invitation: Tom Decides to visit North Dakota", the post has made it big on several forums and I found it pretty interesting.

Some stylish and fit Asian dude goes to North Dakota and sees mind shattering results with White females than he has anywhere else (including Southern Cal and other areas).

Just google "The Invitation: Tom Decides to visit North Dakota" and give it a very good read. I found it pretty interesting and it had some decent comments on it too. It is a wordpress blog but the guys writing it are well respected.
Nawh man I'm cool in Socal I think the familiarity that women have with me here is a lot better than hoping some girls like "exotic stuff"

Old 01-04-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobchen7 View Post
Nawh man I'm cool in Socal I think the familiarity that women have with me here is a lot better than hoping some girls like "exotic stuff"
you are severely limiting your options

you want a blonde? the one in so cal probably bleached her hair

the one in Minnesota is probably natural since she has Scandinavian descent in her

I have heard it a lot and met an Asian guy in real life who moved from Santa Monica to New Hampshire. Told me that in so cal he was just another asian and had it hard scoring outside his own race, in New Hampshire he had it easy.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 AM

102,220 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post
you want a blonde? the one in so cal probably bleached her hair

the one in Minnesota is probably natural since she has Scandinavian descent in her
Oh no, not this again! Is that you, Don Caballero? The OP didn't say he was looking for blonde, just White girls.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh no, not this again! Is that you, Don Caballero? The OP didn't say he was looking for blonde, just White girls.
just making an example

if he wants White girls so bad, why does he stay in an area where there are a lot of asians and other races?

go to an area where there are nothing but White women and where he will benefit from his asian appearance which he seems to be insecure about, he won't need to post this thread

more White women = more chance of an OP to date one

plus I won't go into the whole how stuck up girls in Southern California can be compared to other places I have been to

Old 01-04-2013, 12:55 AM

102,220 posts, read 107,999,816 times
There's an advantage to being in a state where a lot of White women grew up around Asian guys and are comfortable with them.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's an advantage to being in a state where a lot of White women grew up around Asian guys and are comfortable with them.
Exactly...

Old 01-04-2013, 06:42 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,086,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobchen7 View Post
Cool I think you are 100% correct and maybe I need to be more like you lol!
Thanks!
You need to be more like you. No one wants to date someone who isn't sure of who they are and doesn't have self confidence.

Sounds like you're young.

It just can't be too hard to date these days if you're a guy. Sorry but the caliber of guy out there these days is pretty pathetic. You only have to be halfway competent to score dates these days, IMO.

I am not in/from SoCal but my parents do live in Los Angeles. I've never lived there as I'm from Chicago.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:47 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,086,359 times
Oh and I agree on the whole Minnesota thing, I've been to Minnesota quite a few times and I think the women there are very pretty.

And if you haven't yet, get out and see more of the country and I'm not talking about different parts of CA or NY. Go to places where you've never been and where people live a totally different culture. Visit the south, the midwest, whatever, just get out of your comfort zone and you might find a different culture that you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships