Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 AM

153 posts, read 434,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's an advantage to being in a state where a lot of White women grew up around Asian guys and are comfortable with them.
not really, you may have a small number but in most cases these are the same type of women who will stereotype asian men in all sorts of nasty ways since they are so used to seeing them

Old 01-04-2013, 07:41 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post
not really, you may have a small number but in most cases these are the same type of women who will stereotype asian men in all sorts of nasty ways since they are so used to seeing them
As opposed to places where Asian-Americans are a "novelty" and women stereotype them because they are not used to seeing them at all?

Old 01-04-2013, 08:01 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,043,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
As opposed to places where Asian-Americans are a "novelty" and women stereotype them because they are not used to seeing them at all?
Exactly what I was thinking. I know I wouldn't want to move to a place where I stood out and was gawked at like a new attraction at the zoo.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:55 AM

78 posts, read 381,293 times
Quote:
Haha I'm not moving man I'm fine right here in Socal

Old 01-04-2013, 09:18 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
You would do good to move out of Southern California and move to states like Iowa, Minnesota, and North Dakota for just a short stay. I read an online blog story about an Asian guy who had a very easy time dating attractive White women in those states because he was more so of a novelty and there weren't that many Asian guys there for the women to get with. He was exotic instead of just another Asian guy. Now I read a blog post called "The Invitation: Tom Decides to visit North Dakota", the post has made it big on several forums and I found it pretty interesting.

Some stylish and fit Asian dude goes to North Dakota and sees mind shattering results with White females than he has anywhere else (including Southern Cal and other areas).

Just google "The Invitation: Tom Decides to visit North Dakota" and give it a very good read. I found it pretty interesting and it had some decent comments on it too. It is a wordpress blog but the guys writing it are well respected.
But the women in Iowa, Minnesota, the Dakotas, etc. are not necessarily very stylish or fit. And why would he want to be a "novelty" if he is looking for real connections and relationships?

He doesn't need to move, he just needs to have confidence and make the first move. Non-Asian women do date and marry Asian men; I have and I know several non-Asian women who are married to Asian men.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:46 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,838,081 times
I'm half Korean. I get more a$$ than a toilet.

Just kidding. But my girlfriend is a hot Latina. And before her was a blonde chick who was psycho (for real).

You just can't be a lame Asian who doesn't socialize or have fun.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:23 AM

78 posts, read 381,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
But the women in Iowa, Minnesota, the Dakotas, etc. are not necessarily very stylish or fit. And why would he want to be a "novelty" if he is looking for real connections and relationships?

He doesn't need to move, he just needs to have confidence and make the first move. Non-Asian women do date and marry Asian men; I have and I know several non-Asian women who are married to Asian men.
Yeah I'm not moving lol

Old 01-04-2013, 11:00 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,550,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobchen7 View Post
I completely agree. However, like 99% of young men out there, there is a fear of rejection in my mind.
Im just wondering what percentage of white women in your area would be open to dating an Asian man? Please be honest
If you went out and asked 100 women for a date, chances are that a large majority will reject you. This is true no matter what your race.

As an exercise, start talking to girls you see every day. At the same time, if you see someone else you'd like to date, ask them in a non-creepy manner, knowing you'll likely get a rejection. The idea here is to get over the fear of rejection, so you'll be more confident later. During this time, one of the girls may show a little more interest in you. Ask her out with the confidence you'll survive a rejection.

As others have said, the percentages don't matter. All you need to know is that there are those of all races who will date Asians. All it takes is for you to ask the right person.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:01 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,550,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think the Asian guys are starting to take off a bit more in the American media. I've been noticing for a few yrs seeing more in leading roles.

There is a show on TV called The Mentalist and we watch that show and there is an Asian character on there that Mrs. Chow would step over my dead body to go after.......
But then he'd have to arrest her for your murder.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:24 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobchen7 View Post
Well thanks for the classy post.
But what I'm trying to tell myself is that my desireability to women isn't dependent on some fictional character (or lack thereof) on a screen. I realize that the media can stir up certain stereotypes and prejudices against me but it in the end, it is who I am as an individual that will decide things. Agreed?
I don't know what part of my post lacked class

I was saying good things about Asian guys, If I would have dusted off some old stereotypes about being little geeky nerds, I could see the blatant hostility you'd have......

Once again...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships