Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 11:10 AM

78 posts, read 381,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Just a head's up--that is often a racially offensive term here.
I'm so sry I'm on my IPod and I meant to type dude but it auto corrected my bad I'll try to delete the post

Old 01-03-2013, 11:11 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobchen7 View Post
Well I definitely think portrayal and reality is two different things...
I mean a good looking, athletic, and financially stable Asian guy would not bee somehow "magically seen" as a stereotype would he?

If white people were portrayed as having wings... Would we perceive them in real life as flying beings? No.
This. If a woman were approached by an attractive or interesting Asian guy, any prevailing stereotypes (which are so last-century, at this point), wouldn't cross her mind. I would also add that there's a tremendous diversity of cultures in Asia. Not all are "reserved", by any means. Central Asian, Tibetan and Indian men are not reserved.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You are not presented as having much sexual value in the US, you are never held up as a grand prize either, so therefore fewer women will view you as desirable. The truth sucks, but that's life.

If you Asian attitude makes all the difference, then why not go outside and enjoy instead of this thread (which has been done to death)?

Dude alright it seems like you and jobaba an I disagree and this subject... To each his own but I believe I'm right on this part

Old 01-03-2013, 11:13 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
I'm so sry I'm on my IPod and I meant to type dude but it auto corrected my bad I'll try to delete the post
Ha, autocorrect does nutty things. I didn't mean here on the board, I meant here in this country, but it's moot anyway because you didn't say it. I was picturing you announcing that to people in real life.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Ha, autocorrect does nutty things. I didn't mean here on the board, I meant here in this country, but it's moot anyway because you didn't say it. I was picturing you announcing that to people in real life.

Haha yeah my iPod is pretty wierd maybe I should turn off autocorrect but it is pretty darn useful sometimes I have to admit

Old 01-03-2013, 11:18 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Attraction is all media driven.
Only for pop-culture-addicted sheeple.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:18 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,104,566 times
Quote:
Well I definitely think portrayal and reality is two different things...
I mean a good looking, athletic, and financially stable Asian guy would not bee somehow "magically seen" as a stereotype would he?

If white people were portrayed as having wings... Would we perceive them in real life as flying beings? No.

But sarcasm aside, I'm a pretty young buck and like what I told jobaba, think it is the Asian attitude that makes the difference.
Good looking in whose opinion though?

Have you ever been hit on by any white women? Had a white woman call you hot?

Unfortunately, as an Asian guy, you are probably attracted to women of all races. But only a few of those will be attracted to you.

It's sad to say but the amount of white women who will date an average looking Asian guy is probably the same as the amount of Asian women who will only date white men.

Like I said before, I don't think it's racist, it just comes down to looks. There's always exceptions though. If you like white women, then go for it.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This. If a woman were approached by an attractive or interesting Asian guy, any prevailing stereotypes (which are so last-century, at this point), wouldn't cross her mind. I would also add that there's a tremendous diversity of cultures in Asia. Not all are "reserved", by any means. Central Asian, Tibetan and Indian men are not reserved.

Well there you go jobaba...
Maybe you disagree with me here but I'm telling you, I think you're dead wrong.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Good looking in whose opinion though?

Have you ever been hit on by any white women? Had a white woman call you hot?

Unfortunately, as an Asian guy, you are probably attracted to women of all races. But only a few of those will be attracted to you.

It's sad to say but the amount of white women who will date an average looking Asian guy is probably the same as the amount of Asian women who will only date white men.

Like I said before, I don't think it's racist, it just comes down to looks. There's always exceptions though. If you like white women, then go for it.

Dude I'm not trying to start a thread war and it seems to me that you're a man...
Like I said, stereotypes are just stereotypes. I think you're too fixated with proving that white men are better from reading your posts, and I would like to ask you to please leave my thread.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Only for pop-culture-addicted sheeple.

This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships