Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 04:09 PM

77 posts, read 187,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
I am a guy but from what I have seen women will date Asian men but won't settle with one. I have been told that many don't want to have half Asian or mixed race children.
Srsly?

Half asian/Half white women/men can be very attractive

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...6mx2o1_500.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ih1gsItSIG...rt+%286%29.jpg

Old 01-03-2013, 04:13 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,827,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoBellic View Post
I don't object. I am simply stating what women that I know have told me.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:31 PM

78 posts, read 381,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
I don't object. I am simply stating what women that I know have told me.
Well in my opinion, if a woman is willing to have a relationship with you and you show her that you are trustworthy and loving, then she will marry you despite what her parents or any other source may say.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:50 PM

181 posts, read 192,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobchen7 View Post
Yes that's what I meant: westernized Asian men.
I don't. I prefer Japanese from Japan But that's because I've spent so much time there, I know the culture more intimately. I get hit on by many men when I am in Japan also...hehehe

But I have gone out with Chinese-Americans (Cantonese) in Cali. That's all been great. I think I would prefer to marry an Asian-American.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:18 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post
I don't. I prefer Japanese from Japan But that's because I've spent so much time there, I know the culture more intimately. I get hit on by many men when I am in Japan also...hehehe

But I have gone out with Chinese-Americans (Cantonese) in Cali. That's all been great. I think I would prefer to marry an Asian-American.
Takeshi Kaneshiro is half Chinese half Chinese...I wonder if he's single.

If so you should call him up...lol.

Thing is in Asia we do have plenty of charismatic, male sex symbols, actors, singers and performers, but in the States AM is still seen as either an asexual geek or a kung fu expert.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Takeshi Kaneshiro is half Chinese half Chinese...I wonder if he's single.

If so you should call him up...lol.

Thing is in Asia we do have plenty of charismatic, male sex symbols, actors, singers and performers, but in the States AM is still seen as either an asexual geek or a kung fu expert.
Yes, I completely agree. However the point I'm trying to make here is this:
Let's take an attractive, tall (at least compared to the woman in question), and fun Asian man who presents himself with confidence and charisma. Would you agree with me that no stereotypes will be held against him and that he will be able to attract ANY girl regardless of her race?

All I was trying to say earlier was that there is a HUGE difference between stereotypes and reality.

Your thoughts?

Old 01-03-2013, 05:29 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,993 times
I would say that if you are confident and charismatic you will be able to attract women from any and all ethnicities...but there will always be those who will stereotype you, people whom you would not want to date anyway, so the point is moot. Also there will be those who simply will not date you based on preference, and that's fine...we all have physical preferences.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post

Cool! But I think the majority of women in this country would prefer a man who shares her culture and traditions.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I would say that if you are confident and charismatic you will be able to attract women from any and all ethnicities...but there will always be those who will stereotype you, people whom you would not want to date anyway, so the point is moot. Also there will be those who simply will not date you based on preference, and that's fine...we all have physical preferences.
From your experience, if an Asian man posses those traits listed (confident, charismatic, etc.)... What percentage of white women in your area would be willing to date him? Be 100% honest here

Old 01-03-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoBellic View Post
Yes I agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships