Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 02:16 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post
Army Guy,

I tried doing exactly that, moved to the state of Washington. It's fun to interact with new types of people and get to know new perspectives. However, I cannot wait to get back to my California, sometime in near future Really miss the diversity and the variety of foods, restaurants etc. Miss the whole Latin culture, burritos, the murals on SF walls. There was a restaurant in SF serving Sushiritos, miss those And I am still on the West Coast here.
OMG, you should move to NM! It's impossible to escape Latin food. Even non-Latin food gets Hispanicized; everything has tomato and chiles in it, E V E R Y T H I N G! It's nice when you're visiting, but after a few years, it gets old.

And decent Asian restaurants? Fuggedaboutit. Yeah, CA is a happy medium, where you can find anything and everything. There's something for everyone, and the quality is there.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:19 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OMG, you should move to NM! It's impossible to escape Latin food. Even non-Latin food gets Hispanicized; everything has tomato and chiles in it, E V E R Y T H I N G! It's nice when you're visiting, but after a few years, it gets old.

And decent Asian restaurants? Fuggedaboutit. Yeah, CA is a happy medium, where you can find anything and everything. There's something for everyone, and the quality is there.
Sounds good to me... I'm seriously giving NM a looking over for a potential move in the future.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:37 PM

54 posts, read 114,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
But the women in Iowa, Minnesota, the Dakotas, etc. are not necessarily very stylish or fit. And why would he want to be a "novelty" if he is looking for real connections and relationships?

He doesn't need to move, he just needs to have confidence and make the first move. Non-Asian women do date and marry Asian men; I have and I know several non-Asian women who are married to Asian men.
You should open your mind and at the very least, experience something before you knock it. I love how so many people I "meet" online seem to form such strong opinions about other regions of their country, and worse, without having experienced those places. Many of my friends from the coasts form strong opinions about the midwest and the South, and when I ask them if they had visited (let alone live) those regions, they always say "no".

What does it say about their credibility anyway? A thinking man would definitely question, because intelligent people seek to discover " real truth" about the universe, precepts and theories, and they do so through challenging and questioning. That's how science works and that's how we stopped living in caves. That is the reason I visited China for two weeks against my strong aversion and distaste for the country. I formed very strong opinions about it through what I heard and read, but I decided to go there and see for myself, so that when I flame it, at least I don't look like such a big D-bag.

I'm Chinese, born in NY, and now live in the Midwest.

I've visited South Dakota, gone to see Mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse memorial. It was winter and there weren't that many people, I wasn't out particularly looking for women, but people there as nice as they come.

In where I currently live, I've met a white woman transplant from Iowa. And she's probably the most beautiful white woman I've seen in years. She looks like a movie star. But because she's a Midwestern girl, she was less likely to be one of those SoCal stuck up ******* you just want to slap. We met at a Fall party. I was feeling down and had gone to the party on my own to get out of the house at the last minute on short notice. It was just around the corner from my house. She was very friendly and so nice to me, and started talking to me and engaged me in her conversation with the people she had come with. Many women here are nice because....surprise,... people here are nicer and women are people. But too bad, she's married (to a white doctor).

There are good looking white women all over the country. If you go to a region with MORE white women, chances are there would be more good looking white women. Because good lookers are evenly distributed. The top 1 percentile of a bigger pool (100000) = 1000, than top 1 percentile of a smaller pool (1000) = 10.

In your mind, is the water different in CA so the women there look better? More superficial maybe. Being nice and being good looking and stylish are not mutually exclusive in some parts of this country. In fact I'll probably live here (in the region) forever because of the people.

Maybe I shouldn't be telling so many people about this resulting in you guys coming here and crowding the place, I might lose my piece of heaven.

Last edited by kansasturtle; 01-04-2013 at 05:47 PM..

Old 01-04-2013, 06:55 PM

153 posts, read 434,000 times
^^ learn from KansasTurtle OP

As I have said, women in Southern California (except San Diego) over value themselves, you will have an extremely difficult time landing a 7/10+ girl (if you care about looks), especially if she is outside your own race.

People underestimate the importance of status, good looks, and wealth in Southern California. These women have ripped surfer boys with rich parents, highly accomplished entertainment moguls, and accomplished men who are good looking and rich getting with them. I mean the size of the egos the women there have are higher than anywhere else in the world. Now I didn't stay there for long, I just visited, but people do not know how hard the competition out there is for the good looking girls.

I mean seriously, if you can have a Heather Graham lookalike who admires your exotic looks and has a decent character to go along with it then I don't even know why you would waste time on a bottle blonde who has a major princess complex.

It is odd that the OP says he wants White women, I mean why would you look in Southern California? I have been there, tons of Mixed, Asian, and Latina girls to go around. Hate to be the pessimist but the chances of OP landing a Kayden Kross, Heather Graham, or Hayden Panetierre especially in an area where women have endless options are slim to none.

The White girls in coastal areas of America are probably some of the toughest girls to attract. In my experience you can have a just as attractive beautiful woman from Europe or smaller towns in the US. I go to the Coastal Areas to mainly game some of the Latinas and Asian girls since we hardly have any in some of the towns I have been to, but we do have some pretty White girls!

Old 01-04-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post
The White girls in coastal areas of America are probably some of the toughest girls to attract.
This is utterly ridiculous. You're writing off two, actually--3 entire seaboards.
I guess you didn't read his post about how he knows several Asian guy/White girl couples. Oh well.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:25 PM

78 posts, read 381,293 times
Quote:
This is utterly ridiculous. You're writing off two, actually--3 entire seaboards.
I guess you didn't read his post about how he knows several Asian guy/White girl couples. Oh well.
Haha I know lol he just finished telling me how I have to start asking more girls out in my city and then he tells me I should move haha it's ridiculous.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 PM

153 posts, read 434,000 times
Quote:
in general, HECK YES

if she could have a rich investor, a ripped beach boy, or a handsome guy who has famous friends she won't want an average joe, I have lived it

no point in helping OP after this post as he has came off as rude and insulting to me this whole thread

Old 01-04-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post
if she could have a rich investor, a ripped beach boy, or a handsome guy who has famous friends she won't want an average joe, I have lived it
We're talking about college students, here. Rich investors and handsome guys with rich friends rarely go looking for women at UC Irvine. Let's keep it in perspective. And you included in your write-off the San Fran Bay Area, Seattle, UC Santa Cruz, UC Santa Barbara, and all points in-between. Not that many rich investors or handsome guys with rich friends in all those other places. Rich investors don't go looking for gf's on college campuses. There are no ripped beach boys in the NW, and very few in the Bay Area. The whole statement was way over-the-top. Many White girls in "coastal America" are easy to attract. Many are waiting for a nice, bright guy to approach them. The OP's problem, as far as I can tell, is simply that he doesn't know how to approach women.

OP, we've had a lot of threads on how to approach women. Maybe you could mine the back files, here. And don't get put off if you don't have much luck at first, approaching women. It's about persistence, and numbers. Or alternatively, it's about joining clubs and groups where women can get to know you. Then if you hit it off with anyone, the approaching takes care of itself.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-04-2013 at 07:38 PM..

Old 01-04-2013, 07:54 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I'm half Korean. I get more a$$ than a toilet.

Just kidding. But my girlfriend is a hot Latina. And before her was a blonde chick who was psycho (for real).

You just can't be a lame Asian who doesn't socialize or have fun.
Oh yeah this is what tell my half Korean son. Don't be a lame Asian.(That's horrible lol)

Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 PM

54 posts, read 114,585 times
Beyond dating, I find any semblance of close-mindedness about other regions of our country an illogical mystery that should be examined by one of the Ivy League colleges. Its just unfathomable to me, and the weird thing is, it's common!

The foundation of this country is its diversity. It's a land of immigrants. For people from diverse lands to seek a better, greater life than the one they had and to pass that gift of hope to their children born here. Thats the reason we have such a vast country, and that's the reason we have these interesting differences in different regions to savor and enjoy. That's why I love exploring as many parts of the country as possible and exposing myself to these interesting traits that are all American. NY does not have a bigger claim to being the Real America than AR. KS does not have a bigger claim to being the Real America than CA. (I'll probably end up living in the Midwest forever if I could, barring work offers elsewhere)

If you are content to live your life (and over a longer term, see your future) in the tunnel vision of SoCal, why be an American citizen? Really you might as well have been born in small countries like France, Italy, Spain, Germany or UK! (Size is relative to one's context, and here we're addressing Americans and these countries are small relative to the USA so fans of these countries, you've been pre-empted, no need to protest). Anyway I did have the experience of taking the train around Italy as I made stops in 6 cities (Rome, Florence, Milan, Cinque Terre, Verona, Venice) over 14 days. Going from one major city to the next takes less than 1.5 to 2 hours in their slow trains that plod like a cow on steroids, really not that fast. I made a circle, from Rome, and ended back at Rome, I think I covered the country well and good in 2 weeks of sightseeing. If I didn't get off, I'm sure I could circle the whole country in half a day on that train. In the US, we could drive 5 hours in Missouri and still be in Missouri.

I met two American women in Verona, one from SC and the other from GA at a Bed and Breakfast and told them how surprised I was that going from one of its major cities to the next on train is the same duration an American drives from his suburb to his work place. They agreed whole-heartedly and said they were surprised too when they had the same experience as me. We were all American tourists in a foreign land, and we shared the same experience and had the same perspective.

We were born here in this great country for a reason. Don't squander the best thing that the privilege of being here gives you.

On the other hand, I've a feeling you're some prepubescent who is in college and possibly won't have the money to do much traveling anyway. This advice is good for you as you navigate your future.

Last edited by kansasturtle; 01-04-2013 at 08:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships