Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 12:18 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,777,024 times

Advertisements

No I wouldn't date someone who isn't confident enough that they need approval from online strangers

Old 01-03-2013, 12:26 PM

78 posts, read 381,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Yes I think you are using it as an excuse.

Perception is reality. If I portray an image of a confident, strong, funny, good conversation man, then that is her perception of me and that is her reality. A girl's first impression of me are things that I demonstrate and exude - as opposed to things she sees such as the image of an Asian man with squinty eyes and black hair.
Thank you I completely agree. Stereotypes and reality are two different things. I need to stope using my "excuse".

Old 01-03-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
Japanese. Yes, using your ethnicity is an easy excuse. Being the studious Asian is another. For me, I assumed the same and was too dumb to pick up the signs until well after the opportunity passed. For instance, there was this cheerleader who dated athletes of the season and race didn't matter to her. She was friendly to me, but I didn't pick up on her intentions and she moved on.

Your best bet is to talk to those you might be interested in dating. Some may find you interesting too, so look for the signs. You'll never meet anyone if you don't put out the effort.
Thanks man I'll get on the task! Thanks for sharing your experiences it's greatly appreciated!

Old 01-03-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchew0 View Post
No I wouldn't date someone who isn't confident enough that they need approval from online strangers
Okay I suppose you're right I think I have some self assessing to do on part of my self esteem.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:35 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobchen7 View Post
Dude alright it seems like you and jobaba an I disagree and this subject... To each his own but I believe I'm right on this part
So... you why did you make this thread? If you only want to hear people offer opinions you like, why waste everyone's time? If you are right, what do you want from us?

Old 01-03-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
So... you why did you make this thread? If you only want to hear people offer opinions you like, why waste everyone's time? If you are right, what do you want from us?
1. I believe the question clearly asks for the opinions of women- not men. So I don't believe that I have wasted your time intentionally.

2. Look, I agree with you 100% that there are some horrible steretypes but there are bad stereotypes about ALL ethnic minorities (particularly men). What I'm trying to tell you is that reality and stereotypes are two separate things. Do you perceive our president to be a criminal? I certainly don't. I really don't want to start another argument and I hope we can agree- were all individuals, there are some of us who play up to stereotypes and others who don't. Good day to you sir.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:52 PM

181 posts, read 192,336 times
Hi, yes I love Asian men but I am from California hence I grew up with a bunch of them. However, I would not want to be with an Asian guy who ONLY dates white.

To OP - what about other ethnic backgrounds, are Asian men open to date other ethnic backgrounds, black?

Old 01-03-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post
Hi, yes I love Asian men but I am from California hence I grew up with a bunch of them. However, I would not want to be with an Asian guy who ONLY dates white.

To OP - what about other ethnic backgrounds, are Asian men open to date other ethnic backgrounds, black?
Hi, yes I'm from Cali as well.
And yes, I personally would date any race but my city is pretty much all white and Asian.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 PM

681 posts, read 618,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobchen7 View Post
Well there you go since you have trouble attracting Asian girls as well. I'm going to have to ask you to agree with me that ALL men have an easier time attracting their own race in real life- it's just what were used to. What I'm trying to tell you (and what you already agreed with) is that stereotypes play no part in attraction given the fact that the person doesn't play up to his stereotypes. Good day to you I hope our argument can end here
That sucks, im half mex/half spanish and thats probably why i have problems with people here because there are only white and black girls.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
I think the main thing about non-Asian women being open to dating Asian men isn't stereotypes, but simply preference. Some women don't like the Asian look, just like some women don't like the nerd look, but some do, some women prefer a boyish look, while others prefer a macho look, etc.

Look at all the women who have affairs with Tibetan monks/Buddhism teachers, and Zen roshis. I don't think there's any shortage of women interested in Asian men. Get yourself some robes, OP, you might have better luck. (Bad joke/sarcasm.)

You're well-situated, OP. CA is the place to be. I'm from there, too. I always had Asian classmates/friends through school and college. Bless California and its heterogeneity!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships