Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 01:11 PM

181 posts, read 192,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobchen7 View Post
Hi, yes I'm from Cali as well.
And yes, I personally would date any race but my city is pretty much all white and Asian.
Why do you limit yourself to just your city? I don't understand this ...lol

Old 01-03-2013, 01:16 PM

78 posts, read 381,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
That sucks, im half mex/half spanish and thats probably why i have problems with people here because there are only white and black girls.
Dude I feel you but if you look at my post I hope you agree with me that you and I are both individuals. You are not (I assume) some illegal immigrant/rapist and I'm not a scrawny nerd. We both shouldn't use our ethnic background as an excuse for why we can't get certain women. Oh well I hope you don't feel bad about yourself and I certainly hope you don't start using your heritage as an excuse. Know your worth. See you at the top!

Old 01-03-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post
Why do you limit yourself to just your city? I don't understand this ...lol
Well that's where I live and where I attend school lol. I prefer to date someone who lives close to me but if I transfer out of state then maybe I would meet more women of other ethnicities who knows?

Old 01-03-2013, 01:49 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,993 times
An interesting topic.

I'm a half Chinese, half American who grew up in Malaysia, and only moved to the States six months ago. As far as I can tell there are certainly more WF/AM couples in the Bay Area than KL, and the Asians here are fairly Westernized...but those couples are still massively, massively outnumbered by AF/WM couples. I have several theories as to why but I don't want to turn this thread into a socio-cultural discussion, best left for another forum.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
An interesting topic.

I'm a half Chinese, half American who grew up in Malaysia, and only moved to the States six months ago. As far as I can tell there are certainly more WF/AM couples in the Bay Area than KL, and the Asians here are fairly Westernized...but those couples are still massively, massively outnumbered by AF/WM couples. I have several theories as to why but I don't want to turn this thread into a socio-cultural discussion, best left for another forum.
Do you mind me asking how old you are? Because in my generation there isn't much of a gap but in older generations there seems to be...
And do you mean it's very outnumbered in kuala lumpur or where you live?

Old 01-03-2013, 02:09 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Well that's where I live and where I attend school lol. I prefer to date someone who lives close to me but if I transfer out of state then maybe I would meet more women of other ethnicities who knows?
That area is not all white and Asian, though, unless you are counting Hispanic and Persian people as white because they are categorized as Caucasian. You're right next door to Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, and Lake Forest.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:14 PM

Well yea I'm including Indian as Asian and middle easterners as white (they technically are). But not a lot of Hispanics attend my school and those who do tend to keep to themselves and don't actually live in irvine. I would definitely date any of ethnicities though

Old 01-03-2013, 02:27 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,680,731 times
Quote:
1. I believe the question clearly asks for the opinions of women- not men. So I don't believe that I have wasted your time intentionally.

2. Look, I agree with you 100% that there are some horrible steretypes but there are bad stereotypes about ALL ethnic minorities (particularly men). What I'm trying to tell you is that reality and stereotypes are two separate things. Do you perceive our president to be a criminal? I certainly don't. I really don't want to start another argument and I hope we can agree- were all individuals, there are some of us who play up to stereotypes and others who don't. Good day to you sir.
1. Why are you sure I am a man?
2. This thread is about your ease in dating white women, which is a different subject than stereotypes. If a woman won't date Asian men, that means she is stereotyping you? That makes no sense.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
1. Why are you sure I am a man?
2. This thread is about your ease in dating white women, which is a different subject than stereotypes. If a woman won't date Asian men, that means she is stereotyping you? That makes no sense.
Well I apologize now seeing that you are a woman (assuming you didn't change it just for the sake of argument). However, media depiction of ethnic minorities is definitely stereotypical, come on you should know that as an African American. And what you stated earlier is pretty much regarding stereotypes regarding Asian men. Not all black men are thugs just like not all Asian men are asexual scrawny nerds. Again, if you really are a woman then please accept my apology. But please acknowledge that most people in 2013 judge people as individuals rather than character portrayal in media. If we all believed in stereotypes, we wouldn't have an African American president.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
this is a loaded question. if u say yes then why wont u date me but will date him.
if u say no u r a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships