Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 02:14 AM

78 posts, read 381,231 times

Advertisements

I live in a semi-diverse area in California (it's around 50% Caucasian and 50% Asian), and I've been attracted to quite a few Caucasian girls throughout my life. Some of my Asian friends have dated White girls but I'm not sure about you girls' general idea of dating an Asian man...
I'm 5'10, quite athletic/built, and I think I'm a fun guy to be around once you get to know me.

Be 100% honest ladies would you date someone like me?

Old 01-03-2013, 02:41 AM

1,092 posts, read 3,435,430 times
Yes. I'm certainly attracted to some Asian men.

It's unfortunate, but I think you hit on of the cliches that are an issue for some women, and that is height.

If you're interested in women that happen to be Caucasian, that's one thing. It you're just interested in dating a Caucasian woman, then that's something different...

Old 01-03-2013, 02:46 AM

They definitely just happened to be caucasian lol I've been drawn to all types. However, my city happens to be filled with Asians and Caucasians.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobchen7 View Post
They definitely just happened to be caucasian lol I've been drawn to all types. However, my city happens to be filled with Asians and Caucasians.
Ah, yes, Irvine. Where I had my first Vietnamese meal, at a total whole in the wall, but will always remember...

I think confidence is key, without coming across as being overly dominant. It's unfair, but there are portrayals in our popular culture of two extremes--either effeminate or chauvinistic Asian men. It's all about balance. But this might not be so much of an issue in the minds of younger women. Although these are stereotypes that you may unfortunately have to deal with. Hopefully enough of the population has been exposed to foreign movies that portray Asian men as romantic sex symbols, that these prejudices are fading... You can always slip your love interest a DVD of "In the Mood for Love" if you need to open her eyes to what she just might be missing...

I think Middle Eastern men probably have the most difficulty gaining acceptance from Caucasian women at this point, especially those that still regularly travel to their "homeland."

Old 01-03-2013, 03:33 AM

Yes I understand... Stereotypes definitely suck!
However, you're right the highschool and college girls I know don't seem to hold these beliefs probably because Asian Americans are a much newer ethnic group in the states and my generation isn't seen so much as "foreigners".

Thanks for your input I appreciate it!

Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 AM

My favorite aunt is Asian. Both of my brothers married Asian women, because honestly, she is kind of the perfect wife. My own son is leery to date an Asian girl because he thinks it seems kind of racist of his uncles to have both really only dated Asian women. If he met the right girl, he would...

I was trying to think of an Asian American male sex symbol, and couldn't come up with one. There are actors from other countries that have done American movies that would fit the bill, but to me this is very telling. It's NICE to hear your generation seems less effected. If you intend to relocate, this might not be the case, unfortunately. I think Hawaii tends to be the state with the most Caucasian female, Asian male biracial couples.

I doubt you'll have any problems meeting the parents of any potential gf's. This would be a case where the stereotypes are positive...

Old 01-03-2013, 04:52 AM

6,540 posts, read 12,032,561 times
I am a half-Asian guy who is really attracted to white (especially blonde) girls. From my experience of living in Georgia and California, I had better luck with white girls in California because Southern girls tend to be more prejudice and like to stick to their own race. I do find Southern white women especially beautiful though, especially with their accents and how they dress, which is why I tend to put them up on a pedastal (which could actually be my reason for my bad luck with them). I also love British women as well.

I think PSY might have helped the image of Asian men, that they can be hip and cool as well.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:41 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
No, not a single white woman is going to date an Asian-American. There are not any out there.

To answer this question seriously, any guy who asks a question like this doesn't have much of a chance with any race.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:58 AM

I was trying to think of an Asian American male sex symbol, and couldn't come up with one. There are actors from other countries that have done American movies that would fit the bill, but to me this is very telling. It's NICE to hear your generation seems less effected. If you intend to relocate, this might not be the case, unfortunately. I think Hawaii tends to be the state with the most Caucasian female, Asian male biracial couples.

No I think I'm fine right here lol I mean stereotypes are just stereotypes right? I think the majority of girls would judge me as an individual. I have a lot of faith that there's open minded women out there.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:16 AM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobchen7 View Post
I live in a semi-diverse area in California (it's around 50% Caucasian and 50% Asian), and I've been attracted to quite a few Caucasian girls throughout my life. Some of my Asian friends have dated White girls but I'm not sure about you girls' general idea of dating an Asian man...
I'm 5'10, quite athletic/built, and I think I'm a fun guy to be around once you get to know me.

Be 100% honest ladies would you date someone like me?
My first BF was Chinese, so of course I would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships