Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 06:02 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times

Advertisements

The husband and the children should be really pissed at the mom if you ask me. What a decieving woman. Hopefully this man and the children he raised can go on to be friends. I would imagine their family bond is shattered by this deception.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:06 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I believe trust is essential to a successful relationship. Asking for a paternity test is no less than an accusation of infidelity.
I don't disagree with you, but I just feel like it wouldn't be worth the fight to not take the test if you're telling the truth.

I'm sure someone will take this the wrong way, but I wouldn't have a problem with the test because I would already know who the father is - my partner.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:07 PM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post

You're lumping homosexuality with addiction and violence? That's just sad and I won't answer such a disgusting question.

Medical personnel are involved in our private lives. Not sure what kind of hospital you visit that isn't ... And, yes, I do think a spouse should be privy to their partner's health status. Why not?

ETA : none of what yousaid is equivalent to determining paternity. Kind of a stretch.
Of course you dont want to answer it. Dont want to think where mandatory DNA testing can lead. Im saying they can test for predisposition for homosexuality, addiction and violence. So why not test for those and get it over with. You will know, and the government, if your little angle is predisposed so you can keep a eye out on him. whats the harm.

Medical personnel are involved in our personal medical conditions, not our private lives. Our medical records are protected and their is a reason for that. If a drug were to show up in my system when I go for a routine check up, the nurse or lab tech does not get involved by informing my pastor, SO or law enforcement. If I develop a conditions they do not inform my employer.

You honestly dont understand why our personal health issues are private and off limits?

Old 01-15-2013, 06:12 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Of course you dont want to answer it. Dont want to think where mandatory DNA testing can lead. Im saying they can test for predisposition for homosexuality, addiction and violence. So why not test for those and get it over with. You will know, and the government, if your little angle is predisposed so you can keep a eye out on him. whats the harm.

Medical personnel are involved in our personal medical conditions, not our private lives. Our medical records are protected and their is a reason for that. If a drug were to show up in my system when I go for a routine check up, the nurse or lab tech does not get involved by informing my pastor, SO or law enforcement. If I develop a conditions they do not inform my employer.

You honestly dont understand why our personal health issues are private and off limits?
We are talking about pregnancy and childbirth, where both parents create a life, and as such should both have shared responsibility and both be privied to all pertinant information concerning their child. One of the reasons I would not want any kids while livi g in the US is that family court and the entire judicial system is heavily tilted in womans favor.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:15 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
So, how would you define a person, who spends their 20s giving it up to countless lowlifes, once over the hill and no longer persued by said lowlifes or already raising their offspring shacks up with mr nice guy provider, but once a month seeks to be impregnated by men with more attractive genetic make up, without consent or knowledge of her current "man". Pretty messed up, but oh so very common. Here is an idea. Mandatory paternity tests at childbirth. If a woman is cheating and lying, she can then pick up the costs of the testing and have the responsibility of finding and documenting the biological father. That would be fair.
Wha? What sort of people do you hang out with? And how on earth can you justify an unnecessary test for THE ENTIRE POPULATION just because of a few lowlifes? Because I assure you, they are far from the majority.

If you personally feel the need for a paternity test, go for it. But be prepared to deal with the consequences.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:

You don't even get it, do you? You just categorized homosexuality as something to "keep an eye out" for. Is there something wrong with homosexuality?

Would a paternity test not be protected under the same as other medical records in regards to work, pastor? Of course the SO would know, that's kind of the point of the test.

Sure health issues should be off limits to the public, but I don't think the SO should be kept in the dark. Isn't that what marriage is about? Sharing the good and the bad?

Here's the question you did not answer: What harm would the paternity testing do? You just started in with a bunch of questions regarding testing that is not on the same plane as paternity.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:20 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,043 times
Quote:
Why too bad. If your lady suggested you take a paternity test because maybe your her bffs baby daddy, your basically saying her doubts are untruthful if you dont want to take the test. Either way you feel your SO believes you untrustworthy. Personally, I would have trouble continuing a relationship knowing my SO felt this way about me if I had done nothing wrong. If I had cheated before I could understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I believe trust is essential to a successful relationship. Asking for a paternity test is no less than an accusation of infidelity.

Uh, or she's been nothing but faithful and is pissed that the man she has devoted herself to thinks so little of her.
I agree. Personally, I would feel that trust was never establish in the relationship if my SO requires me to take a paternity test because he would fear that I'm cheating on him. I do not tolerate wrongdoings in relationship, but this (paternity test) does not mean that I accept it as being "truthful" about my loyalty to him.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:22 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
*Paternity test* sends shivers down the spine for many women, I'm sure.

Last edited by calicali01; 01-15-2013 at 06:59 PM..

Old 01-15-2013, 06:38 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I guess it depends on how you look at it. There was a thread a long time ago in which I said I thought paternity tests should be standard. Of course I was burned at the stake by women here, but I don't see the harm in it. Is there any?

If anything, I think it would be freeing to just do it and be done with it.
I don't see an issue if the couple wants to pay for it independently but I wonder who would foot the bill if it became standard procedure? Or would it be itemized on your hospital bill along with all the other charges? Hell, I declined the $10 advil after delivery...we wouldn't be willing to pay for paternity testing out-of-pocket but I'm sure some folks would.

I don't see it as something that needs to be mandatory. Let those that want it pay for it.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I don't see an issue if the couple wants to pay for it independently but I wonder who would foot the bill if it became standard procedure? Or would it be itemized on your hospital bill along with all the other charges?

I don't see it as something that needs to be mandatory. Let those that want it pay for it.
My guess is that it would just be another thing tacked to the bill. I certainly don't think anyone else should pay.

I think the issue with letting people decide is that you get the argument that Unexpected makes: some women will be upset. Making it mandatory would eliminate the feeling of accusation from the man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships