Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 06:18 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,835,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
...and didn't take his **** when it got older, and nicely tattooed at 16.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 06:21 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2M View Post
You know that girl will not listen to her friends. She is blind to what is happening in front of her. She is being controlled by a guy and this relationship will end and not in a good way.

One day she will realize that guy was hurtful and not respectful of her. Until then she will do what he wants her to do.

When they finally do breakup, take her to the nearest tattoo place and she can get a tattoo stating...."Never Again" lol! - Never again will she let some else control her!
Sad to say but this is the real truth of the matter. We've all watched our girlfriends pick the wrong men and the more we try to reason with them the more they pull away from us - her best friend - the one that loves her like a precious sister and wants only happiness for her - which makes no sense - but that's the way it is. Why would we lie to someone we care about? But they can't see that reasoning in the emotional state they are in.

Anyway, I suggest you be there for her, thick and thin, you've warned her and that's about all you can do. If you push any harder she'll balk and then you won't be able to be there for her when he does something even worse, which he might do, but hopefully not. Stay connected to her is what I am trying to say. When women get involved with a man they'd do anything for you'll be the first to go if you push to hard to get her to wise up. Honey they just don't listen, really they just don't. It's crushing to watch it happen to them but it was their choice and maybe it's a life lesson they needed to learn so that they can be attuned to men like that in the future. I know it sounds like your hands are tied but being there for her when she needs you is the best thing you can do for her, so stay close to her.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:27 PM

20 posts, read 44,225 times
Yeah thats what I plan to do just be there for her as I have been.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:32 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,950 times
Tell her to dump his ass. What next? He likes the way so and so looks and tells her she should get plastic surgery to look like them? I bet your friend is a cute and sweet person and can find someone who likes her the way she is. Cause that's just BS.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:27 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,927,270 times
He should dump her and quick. Tattoos are so ugly. Such a turnoff. Any person that is willing to disfigure themselves with a tattoo has no self-respect.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:44 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
You both sound like you're about 14 yrs old.

Use common sense.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:04 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,734,458 times
Well, at least he is talking to her. I have dropped more than one that had a tattoo. And not pursued others that had tats.

Tats are not the issue. It is bad judgement.

I have also not hired a lot of people who were too stupid to let there tats show in an interview. It is a near audible, nope, when a number of executives first sight the tat. Thumbs down, though obviously no is couched in different terms.

Again, the issue is lack of judgement and big picture focus.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:12 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
People should stand back and take a higher view of the situation.

It's not about tats... it's about control....

Last edited by Chowhound; 03-31-2013 at 11:22 AM..

Old 03-31-2013, 11:20 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,445,455 times
I don't even listen to my mother who tells me not get any more tattoos. Why would I listen to some tool???

Old 03-31-2013, 04:16 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
That guy is an idiot. If you don't like women who have tattoos or dark hair, then don't form a relationship with a woman who has those features.

No, she shouldn't stop getting tattoos and if she likes her hair the way it is, she should keep it like that.

This is coming from a guy who really dislikes tattoos, but I would not ever control my GF like this. If she decided that she was going to go through and get some tattoos, I'd just let her go so I can find someone who thinks like I did when it comes to tattoos.
Exactly, he could avoid the whole situation by not dating women with tats. If you meet somebody and they were already like that, and you choose to date someone then, you should except them as is and not try to change them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships