Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 04:20 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Exactly, he could avoid the whole situation by not dating women with tats. If you meet somebody and they were already like that, and you choose to date someone then, you should except them as is and not try to change them.
To play Devil's advocate, he did accept her. He didnt tell her to remove them.

All I know is thank god I will never have to worry about this horrible tattoo phenomenon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 04:21 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,825,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
Tell her to dump his ass. What next? He likes the way so and so looks and tells her she should get plastic surgery to look like them? I bet your friend is a cute and sweet person and can find someone who likes her the way she is. Cause that's just BS.
I would argue a man who tells a woman not to get plastic surgery is more controlling than one who tells her to get it. Beauty=power and a man who wants a woman to look less pretty is the control freak.

With her tattoos she doesn't seem too sweet to me,,,more like a hardened biker babe in the making,

Old 03-31-2013, 04:34 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post

All I know is thank god I will never have to worry about this horrible tattoo phenomenon.
He's not excepting her by telling her she can't get anymore, he should have thought about that before he got into a relationship with her. And for the record I hate women with tattos, I would never date one.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:38 PM

855 posts, read 1,385,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwEETGirl09 View Post
My friend's boyfriend disliked how she had several tattoos on herself, not TOO many just a few. One tiny one on her wrist, and 2 others on her back. He had told her one night that he disliked girls with tattoos and she could not get anymore because he disliked them.

So yesturday when her and I were at a friend's house she told our friend that her boyfriend disliked tattoos and how she couldn't get anymore.

To me I think thats dumb if a guy told me to not get tattoos even though I loved them and surly wanted more, I would still get them no matter what they told me.

This guy has also told my friend that he dislikes girls with dark hair and prefers blondes so my friend is having her girl go back to its natural blonde color this summer.

What do you think of this situation?
I don't have a problem with tattoos. Some of the art I've seen is incredible when it's been done by a real pro. I find it interesting when there's a story behind the tattoo and what inspired the design.

I see this continuing and increasing trend with the "tramp stamps" and "butt prints." Even more amusing and interesting are the ladies in the 45-65 range doing this. Bravo if that's your thing.

What I find tedious and annoying are the hords of young girls and guys getting tattooed because of some clique in school or whatever initiation junk they've got going on nowadays.

I'm not a fan of total body ink, but to each their own. Some of it is really cool art though.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:55 AM

20 posts, read 44,235 times
My friend says the guy is accepting the tattoos, and he himself had a fake tattoo being a Hippocrate so the 2 of them did have a little fight over this but after that fight he became accepting but she herself still is not going to be getting anymore tattoos due to him not liking them, her mom not liking them, and her not having any money.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:06 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,842,411 times
And there you have it. Another happy ending!

Old 04-01-2013, 12:17 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,548,795 times
The big turn off was the ordering not to do something. If he just expressed his wishes and she decided to comply with them, that's another matter. For instance, it sounds like he didn't order her to let her hair go blond. He expressed his likes and she decided to comply. I know if I ordered my wife to do anything, she'd be as likely to do the opposite.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:21 PM

7 posts, read 7,292 times
Sometimes people need to be left alone to there own hearts. Your friend obviously really likes this dude and feels that his word counts. Unless u see some kind of abuse or him treating wrongley just be there for her and be a friend when she needs one.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:42 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,487,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwEETGirl09 View Post
My friend's boyfriend disliked how she had several tattoos on herself, not TOO many just a few. One tiny one on her wrist, and 2 others on her back. He had told her one night that he disliked girls with tattoos and she could not get anymore because he disliked them.

So yesturday when her and I were at a friend's house she told our friend that her boyfriend disliked tattoos and how she couldn't get anymore.

To me I think thats dumb if a guy told me to not get tattoos even though I loved them and surly wanted more, I would still get them no matter what they told me.

This guy has also told my friend that he dislikes girls with dark hair and prefers blondes so my friend is having her girl go back to its natural blonde color this summer.

What do you think of this situation?
I get so tired of hearing about all these things that guys or girls don't like and won't consider a SO with them. It goes everywhere from tattoos, to uncircumsized men, to overweight, to being bald, to not waxing private parts, to hair color, to someone that is cheap, yadda yadda, it is always something. We are becoming a society that is so caught up on all of this superficial crap and not the essence of a person. Are they honest, are they good-hearted, are they respectful, loving, giving, someone that you connect with and enjoy being around. I am 59, going on 60, and things have really changed over the years. When I was a teen and in my 20's people were not so caught up on all this superficial stuff, it is sad.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:30 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,289,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post

It's a fad that I wish would die. I have never seen a woman with a tattoo that made her appearance better.

That said the guy who tells a potential partner she can't have this or that has control issues. The 3 current tattoos that are described in the opening post may not bother me but if we date and she tells me next she is putting a big stamp on her chest I don't say no, I just don't date her anymore.
I do not have the desire to own anyone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships