Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:18 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernRXMan View Post
If u love her let her go because she needs to be far way from you as possible. I know some women that would have kicked your .... for that.
Some women would have also sent him to prison for that. Spitting on someone? That is basically assault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 10:42 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,534,995 times
This is obviously a dumb thing to do, but I'm getting sick of all this "...to a woman" stuff. No. Don't do it to either gender. Spitting on a woman isn't any worse than spitting on a man.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:57 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
How about a ..... calendar?!?
Actually, I forgot valentines day once. I wanted to give someone special a freshly picked batch of flowers for v-day in the morning, but...

I went on with my regular business that day and then I was like, hmm, why are all these balloons and flowers here...

...And then I was like, OH **** IT'S VALENTINES DAY.

It happened to me.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:53 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,694,681 times
At the same, it's Valentine's Day. It means nothing to me as people should express their love for someone on more than this one day.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:59 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLost View Post
I was wondering if there was a way of winning her back. We had a stupid argument, in which it was about how I've been lately spending more time with friends, don't visit her too much and forgetting Valentine's Day.

I was trying to reason, but there was some truth to what she was saying and it became an argument of her saying how maybe it's better she leaves. Some time passed by and that's where I said ''Fine, you stupid *****'' and spat in her face; stupid me. She looked at me in shocked and walked away. This happened last week and she isn't taking my apologies nor wants to speak to me. If anyone asks for our ages it's 22 and 20. I'm truly sorry and really wanted to settle one with this girl in the near future.

Another thing is my family (even my parents) adored her and sometimes even treat her like a daughter. If I told them what happened, I'm not going to get another but verbal bashing esp from my father. He feels strongly about men that disrespect women and I feel terrible for dissapointing him.

To have an idea of how strongly he feels with that topic, when I was about 13, I recalled seeing him beat the living deadlights out of this guy that was punching his gf. He actually broke that man's nose and bruised him up, then he filed charges. I told him how maybe the beating the was too.
Old man: Not for me. I'll beat one when I see one. Don't ever let me catch you doing that, you understand?

Anyway what can I do to win her back? I'm already feeling bad and don't need any more tongue bashing and him making me feel like the worst loser. I just want her to know I'm really sorry I acted like that.
All you can do is give her space. Let her come back to you.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:15 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
I was wondering if there was a way of winning her back. We had a stupid argument, in which it was about how I've been lately spending more time with friends, don't visit her too much and forgetting Valentine's Day.

I was trying to reason, but there was some truth to what she was saying and it became an argument of her saying how maybe it's better she leaves. Some time passed by and that's where I said ''Fine, you stupid *****'' and spat in her face; stupid me. She looked at me in shocked and walked away. This happened last week and she isn't taking my apologies nor wants to speak to me. If anyone asks for our ages it's 22 and 20. I'm truly sorry and really wanted to settle one with this girl in the near future.

Another thing is my family (even my parents) adored her and sometimes even treat her like a daughter. If I told them what happened, I'm not going to get another but verbal bashing esp from my father. He feels strongly about men that disrespect women and I feel terrible for dissapointing him.

To have an idea of how strongly he feels with that topic, when I was about 13, I recalled seeing him beat the living deadlights out of this guy that was punching his gf. He actually broke that man's nose and bruised him up, then he filed charges. I told him how maybe the beating the was too.
Old man: Not for me. I'll beat one when I see one. Don't ever let me catch you doing that, you understand?

Anyway what can I do to win her back? I'm already feeling bad and don't need any more tongue bashing and him making me feel like the worst loser. I just want her to know I'm really sorry I acted like that.
I wonder why you chose to go that route. The fact that this was even an option for you would be my concern. There are few things worse than spitting in someone's face. It communicates utter disgust. If I did that to someone, I wouldn't care if they never forgave me because I'd want them gone.

I'd say let it go and try and learn from it. Sometimes, pushing for forgiveness does more harm than good. You may have to find a way to forgive yourself without her. If she wants to forgive you at some point, let her come to you. But it sounds like she's done.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:15 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
This is a case of a young guy making a really bad and stupid mistake.

It's best to move on, learn to be a better person, and not make contact with this girl.

And your dad won't be happy at all. I know if I ever struck a woman he'd want to beat my ass too.
Unfortunately, my dad is the type to strike a woman. If my grandad was alive and saw what my Dad was doing to his daughter...

My grandad was a bad ass as well, he wouldn't tolerate that.

I won't either.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:

Nothing.

[game over]

Old 04-01-2013, 10:12 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,195,089 times
Quote:

First of all, you have a really special father. As for the girlfriend, you may have to just give her another two weeks or so of space without pressuring her to accept your apology right away. She is not ready. Then send her flowers and maybe chocolates too, with an apology note and a promise not to do it again. Then cross your fingers. Assuming she takes you back, definitely remember her birthday and assuming it works out for a longer term relationship, definitely circle February 14 on your 2014 calendar, too.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:16 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times
I'm just sorry she couldn't find the heaviest object she could pick up, cast iron skillet possibly, and smack the hell out of you. I have never laid a hand on a woman and never plan on it. And I will never be stupid enough to spit on a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships