Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 10:06 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLost View Post
I know, which is why I was shocked too when it happened. I apologized right away but it's not good enough. I've been trouble falling asleep because I can't stop thinking about what I did.
Quit making excuses.
You abused her.
She ran.
She's smart.

You need therapy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 10:10 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Quit making excuses.
You abused her.
She ran.
She's smart.

You need therapy.

I'd normally agree, but in this case, that sounds just a bit too easy. I want his father to know. Perhaps his father can treat him the same way he treated that one guy who was beating some girl. Your father sounds like a winner. You on the other hand. Well, let's just put it this way, you know how they say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree? Well, in your case it flung from the tree a couple of miles away and hit you in the head..

Old 03-31-2013, 10:16 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,818,345 times
You obviously don't realize the severity of your actions, if you even THINK there is a REMOTE possibility of your ex taking you back. Let me explain it to you:

You are lower than the dog s*it on the bottom of my shoes.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:37 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Ugh. Serious anger management issues, Esp doing that to a woman.

The last couple of days have yielded some way out there posts, I hope all of them are not bogus and wasting our time.
I think it is anger management issues as well. Apparently inherited from his father who beat the crap out of a guy for hitting his GF. Though I see it has heroic in a way, it also shows a quick temper maybe. He could have just pulled the guy off and had his wife take the woman to a safer location and then tried to reason (talk) with the man. No, he just went in there with both fists blazing. Although yes of course, we all want to do that when we see such brutality against another human being. I don't think getting beat up by the OP's father made a dent in his thoughts on beating women, it just ticked him off - he probably took the woman home and beat her some more because of his temper being riled. Did that make any sense?

Old 03-31-2013, 10:43 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,270,137 times
I understand you feel bad but personally I wouldn't give a guy a second chance if he spat on me it's so low and degrading I'd actually rather he slapped me.......... I would say move on and learn your lesson

Old 03-31-2013, 11:42 AM

228 posts, read 421,793 times
I had an ex spit in my face. Every warm feeling I had towards that man died at that moment. The bizarre thing was, we weren't even in an argument. We were discussing intelligence, and he asked me if I thought I was smarter than him. I said, "in some ways." He flew off the handle and spat in my face.

I did something really nasty as revenge. I won't even say what it is, but you should be very happy that she just left you and refuses to contact you. You got off light, buddy.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:54 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,334,082 times
OP,

You always wanted to have time to spend with your friends. Well you got your wish! You have ALL THAT TIME now.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:06 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
OP, you are lucky the woman's face you spit in was not my mother's. If any man did that to my mother, he'd never walk again.

I think you need to forget about a relationship, at this point, get into some anger management and counseling and wait for a bit until you change enough to be able to handle a relationship and any pitfalls without resorting to low measures.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:08 PM

19 posts, read 43,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
You spat on your girlfriend and called her a bad name. You SPAT on your girlfriend and called her a foul name. That's worse than most people treat their dogs or even other people's dogs. You spat on your girlfriend. Forgetting holidays and all of that is one thing. SPITTING on your girlfriend and calling her a foul name is so degrading and in no way reflects respect for her. In NO way.

You know how low you had to go to do something like that? Like...are you kidding? Nah. Leave this thread and that girl alone. No sympathy here.
Not asking for sympathy as I deserve none.

Regarding one poster who said I'm trying to make excuses, I'm not. I was explaining what I was feeling at the moment before it happened (overwhelmed and stressed out) but never stated how she deserved it nor that she caused it.

I'm going to just write a final letter to her but not to take me back, just letting her know she didn't deserve that and how I wish her the best. I was thinking of something like this:

I love you and that is why I'm respecting your wish to be left alone as this is my last letter. I cannot believe what I have done. I am truly disgusted with myself and will be for the longest time. The bottom line is you deserve better. What I have done is simply unforgivable. You are an amazing girl and I wish you nothing but happiness. I know in future, someone else will not mess up the amazing opportunity I had. I wish you the best.

I don't mind if I don't get an reply back. Just letting her know this is something I'll regret for a long time.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:09 PM

19 posts, read 43,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
OP,

You always wanted to have time to spend with your friends. Well you got your wish! You have ALL THAT TIME now.
Ever heard the saying ''You don't know what you had until you lose it''. This is what happened. Now I miss her like crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships