Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 12:30 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,334,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLost View Post
Ever heard the saying ''You don't know what you had until you lose it''. This is what happened. Now I miss her like crazy.

Cinderella - Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 12:35 PM

2,502 posts, read 4,439,225 times
So, if your dad thought that beating up a stranger in front of you was going to teach you to respect women, clearly that was the wrong strategy.

Instead you learned to physically abuse anyone who you disagree with, and think you can overpower. Law of unintended consequences...

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2

Old 03-31-2013, 12:36 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,998,177 times
Quote:
Hence why I'm going to leave her alone and dedicate myself on being a better man.
Praise the Lord.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:43 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
This is a case of a young guy making a really bad and stupid mistake.

It's best to move on, learn to be a better person, and not make contact with this girl.

And your dad won't be happy at all. I know if I ever struck a woman he'd want to beat my ass too.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:44 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,350 times
Quote:
Not asking for sympathy as I deserve none.

Regarding one poster who said I'm trying to make excuses, I'm not. I was explaining what I was feeling at the moment before it happened (overwhelmed and stressed out) but never stated how she deserved it nor that she caused it.

I'm going to just write a final letter to her but not to take me back, just letting her know she didn't deserve that and how I wish her the best. I was thinking of something like this:

I love you and that is why I'm respecting your wish to be left alone as this is my last letter. I cannot believe what I have done. I am truly disgusted with myself and will be for the longest time. The bottom line is you deserve better. What I have done is simply unforgivable. You are an amazing girl and I wish you nothing but happiness. I know in future, someone else will not mess up the amazing opportunity I had. I wish you the best.

I don't mind if I don't get an reply back. Just letting her know this is something I'll regret for a long time.

As much as what you've done sickens me. I can actually respect you for writing that letter. If and only if it is truly because you feel awful and not just because you want her back. I hope for your sake, you learn from this. I understand you are very young, if anything it helps soften the blow. Having said that, I also don't believe that any women should ever have to take that from someone at any age. Everybody makes mistakes, so I am not going to keep beating on you. Understand your mistakes, and moving forward don't EVER do something so degrading again to anyone. Get your anger under control.

Good luck in the future.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:46 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Terrible. Whether your sorry or not, a line needs to be drawn on what kind of a behavior a person is willing to endure. I hope for her sake she doesn't go back to you.
A line needs to be drawn for sure, especially considering that it seems to be the goal of some people to get their potential mates to lower their standards as far as they can. Which is pointless, because they don't realize that once you successfully devalue someone so much, you will no longer like them or want them. Unfortunately, because people are lazy and selfish, it's a constant/lifelong battle to keep the opposite gender from devaluing you (even married folks do this to each other). In the case of the OP, his actions crossed the line and can't be forgiven.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:51 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
A line needs to be drawn for sure, especially considering that it seems to be the goal of some people to get their potential mates to lower their standards as far as they can. Which is pointless, because they don't realize that once you successfully devalue someone so much, you will no longer like them or want them. Unfortunately, because people are lazy and selfish, it's a constant/lifelong battle to keep the opposite gender from devaluing you (even married folks do this to each other). In the case of the OP, his actions crossed the line and can't be forgiven.
Those are two really good points, srjth. A lot of people want the other person to lower their standards and I think partly it's because they want to see how far down the pike the person is willing to go. They will just keep pushing the person because they have shown they have no limit on what they will tolerate. It's true once that happens the other person just keeps getting worse and losing respect.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:51 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,929,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
As much as what you've done sickens me. I can actually respect you for writing that letter.

I can't.
Classic manipulation technique.

Basically "I'm sorry baby, it'll never happen again"...........................................

This doesn't get any better

Old 03-31-2013, 12:52 PM

19 posts, read 43,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
So, if your dad thought that beating up a stranger in front of you was going to teach you to respect women, clearly that was the wrong strategy.

Instead you learned to physically abuse anyone who you disagree with, and think you can overpower. Law of unintended consequences...

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
No, my dad taught that it was never ok to ever hit in anger a woman, elderly or child (not even to retaliate) or act aggressive towards one and if he ever saw me doing that he would report me himself after messing me up. Though I didn't hit her, what I did was still horrible.

The woman didn't go back the guy that he beat up. He served jail time afterwards.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:53 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post

I think they can be forgiven. Almost anything or anyone can be forgiven. It's fine to forgive, the key is not to forget. I've seen people who lose children to murderers forgive the perpetrator who did it. It doesn't neccessarily mean that I think that she should take him back. I don't. That's the key. Forgiveness isn't always for the other person. It helps to set yourself free. So I hope in time she does forgive him, for herself. However, I wouldn't reccommend that she ever go back to him. No matter how sorry he is. I agree with the post before yours. Some things are complete deal breakers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships