Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 03:53 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times

Advertisements

Op is forgetting one key component of his story, he is in fact a lama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 03:58 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Lol jokes aside. Spitting is considered an extremely hostile act, basically like punching someone in the face, possibly even worse (in a symbolic way). You're lucky she hasn't filed charges for assault...yet.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:03 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLost View Post
I was wondering if there was a way of winning her back. We had a stupid argument, in which it was about how I've been lately spending more time with friends, don't visit her too much and forgetting Valentine's Day.

I was trying to reason, but there was some truth to what she was saying and it became an argument of her saying how maybe it's better she leaves. Some time passed by and that's where I said ''Fine, you stupid *****'' and spat in her face; stupid me. She looked at me in shocked and walked away. This happened last week and she isn't taking my apologies nor wants to speak to me. If anyone asks for our ages it's 22 and 20. I'm truly sorry and really wanted to settle one with this girl in the near future.

Another thing is my family (even my parents) adored her and sometimes even treat her like a daughter. If I told them what happened, I'm not going to get another but verbal bashing esp from my father. He feels strongly about men that disrespect women and I feel terrible for dissapointing him.

To have an idea of how strongly he feels with that topic, when I was about 13, I recalled seeing him beat the living deadlights out of this guy that was punching his gf. He actually broke that man's nose and bruised him up, then he filed charges. I told him how maybe the beating the was too.
Old man: Not for me. I'll beat one when I see one. Don't ever let me catch you doing that, you understand?

Anyway what can I do to win her back? I'm already feeling bad and don't need any more tongue bashing and him making me feel like the worst loser. I just want her to know I'm really sorry I acted like that.
You said what? You did what?
Married people don't even do that.
Be tolerant of other people's points of view!
Yes, you blew it mac. Really.

Quarterflash - Find Another Fool (Music Video 1982) - YouTube

Old 03-31-2013, 04:07 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Leave the girl alone and if she does get back together with you she is definitely a bigger moron than you.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:41 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Ugh. Serious anger management issues, Esp doing that to a woman.

The last couple of days have yielded some way out there posts, I hope all of them are not bogus and wasting our time.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:51 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,086,773 times
My ex husband did that to me....you notice I said, ex.
I think you should grow up and control your urges to do stupid things...and I don't blame her for not talking to you.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:52 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLost View Post
I've had other prior relationship and have never done this before nor even raised my voice. Already feeling like a loser, like one of those lowlifes. The very same thing my father and I always hated and still do.

I want her back. Is there a way?
Not right now. It's time to walk away. Perhaps, in a year or two, you can convince her you've grown up, if you, in fact, you do grow up. The first step towards doing that is leaving her alone now. No woman worth having would take back a "man" who did what you did. Go lick your wounds and spend the next couple of years developing the kind of reputation you'd like to have. Then you might have a chance at winning her back.

I would suggest you start with anger management counseling. If this is how you react over an argument over spending too much time with friends and forgetting valentines day, I do not want to know how you'll react to something big. You need to get your temper under control and grow up a bit. Then MAYBE you can win her back but don't count on it.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:54 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
She is a smart girl~ Get some counseling. Arrests happen for spitting on someone.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:56 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
She is a smart girl~ Get some counseling. Arrests happen for spitting on someone.
I'm sure people have got killed over spitting too.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:14 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,998,411 times
I don't think you come close to deserving her or deserving a chance with this one. Sorry. That was the epitome of disrespectful and basal.

You also came off in your post as not really thinking what you did was wrong, but more fearing that you'd experience repercussions from your family. So nope. I hope she moves on happily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships