Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 06:09 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,347,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLost View Post
Not asking for sympathy as I deserve none.

Regarding one poster who said I'm trying to make excuses, I'm not. I was explaining what I was feeling at the moment before it happened (overwhelmed and stressed out) but never stated how she deserved it nor that she caused it.

I'm going to just write a final letter to her but not to take me back, just letting her know she didn't deserve that and how I wish her the best. I was thinking of something like this:

I love you and that is why I'm respecting your wish to be left alone as this is my last letter. I cannot believe what I have done. I am truly disgusted with myself and will be for the longest time. The bottom line is you deserve better. What I have done is simply unforgivable. You are an amazing girl and I wish you nothing but happiness. I know in future, someone else will not mess up the amazing opportunity I had. I wish you the best.

I don't mind if I don't get an reply back. Just letting her know this is something I'll regret for a long time.
This sounds about right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 06:33 PM

119 posts, read 245,359 times
I hope she never sees you again. You sound like a piece of **** who deserves a beating.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:02 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
Quote:
I was wondering if there was a way of winning her back. We had a stupid argument, in which it was about how I've been lately spending more time with friends, don't visit her too much and forgetting Valentine's Day.

I was trying to reason, but there was some truth to what she was saying and it became an argument of her saying how maybe it's better she leaves. Some time passed by and that's where I said ''Fine, you stupid *****'' and spat in her face; stupid me. She looked at me in shocked and walked away. This happened last week and she isn't taking my apologies nor wants to speak to me. If anyone asks for our ages it's 22 and 20. I'm truly sorry and really wanted to settle one with this girl in the near future.

Another thing is my family (even my parents) adored her and sometimes even treat her like a daughter. If I told them what happened, I'm not going to get another but verbal bashing esp from my father. He feels strongly about men that disrespect women and I feel terrible for dissapointing him.

To have an idea of how strongly he feels with that topic, when I was about 13, I recalled seeing him beat the living deadlights out of this guy that was punching his gf. He actually broke that man's nose and bruised him up, then he filed charges. I told him how maybe the beating the was too.
Old man: Not for me. I'll beat one when I see one. Don't ever let me catch you doing that, you understand?

Anyway what can I do to win her back? I'm already feeling bad and don't need any more tongue bashing and him making me feel like the worst loser. I just want her to know I'm really sorry I acted like that.
If I had a SO that spat in my face that would be IT, party over. I would never allow a man to treat me that way, so forget about the apologies as far as I am concerned. That is such a rude and hurtful, humiliating thing to have done to you.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:29 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
If I had a SO that spat in my face that would be IT, party over. I would never allow a man to treat me that way, so forget about the apologies as far as I am concerned. That is such a rude and hurtful, humiliating thing to have done to you.
In addition to being hurtful and humiliating, it is illegal. Spitting on someone is assault. The person who spit on his ex-girlfriend is lucky he isn't in jail.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:24 AM

111 posts, read 125,175 times
Whats your dads phone number again? He needs to know what sort of son he has raised imho. If a boy ever spat on my daughter he would so regret it. So cowardly doing that to a woman.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:54 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,584,476 times
Quote:
Hence why I'm going to leave her alone and dedicate myself on being a better man.

What you have done is despicable. Now let your parents know what you did. Then go on with your life and leave ALL women alone.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:42 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Dude, it's over. Keep you saliva in your mouth. No one likes to get spit on. Do that to the wrong person and it could cost you your life.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:12 AM

11,797 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
You know what bothers me about the letter?

2 things.

First, the fact that sending it after she made it clear she wanted no further contact. By sending this letter, you are sending the message that her wishes and right to autonomy do not matter, and that your wishes and needs (to send the letter, in this case) are more important than her right to be left in peace after being assaulted.

Secondly, the act that the letter opened with a statement of how much you live her. This part makes me physically sick. And, like in point #1, it's all about how you matter more, how you're in control, how you'll deign to honor her wishes but only because you love her. See, again, how the removes her right to autonomy and safety?

I also can't help but think... If this is how you treat her when you love her, how on earth would you behave if you ever got upset?
I really like this post.

To add to it, when you have wronged someone to this extent, they don't want to hear how you're feeling about it. You've disregarded their feelings by committing the act and by caring so little about them in the process. The letter is merely to try to ease his guilty conscience and does nothing for her.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:09 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Sometimes there's too much water under the bridge. Move on, fix yourself, and find a relationship that won't forever be tainted by this behaviour.

There is just something so vile and disrespectful about spitting, isn't there? I mean, it's the same saliva you'd gladly swap in a passionate kiss or have on your face in a playful lick but it's "all in the delivery".

Maybe we need a new thread, Spitting or Cheating - Which Is Worse?

Old 04-01-2013, 08:43 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Yea, and it's not like Valentines Day is on the same day every year, people. Give this guy a break!

Oh. Wait. It actually is!!!!!

Oh I've been corrected. It is not on the same day every year. It is on the same date every year. Thanks for the rep points! =)
How about a ..... calendar?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships