Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 08:29 AM

37,718 posts, read 46,149,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylu View Post
Developing social skills is a much better use of your time than making profiles and hoping someone likes what they see. Not that online dating is completely bad. Its just not for everyone and its not the only option out there.
I don't think anyone would disagree that online dating is not for everyone. (It was a great venue for me personally, but I must have the type of personality for it - not everyone does.)

And it should never be the only option used...it is just one of many. People should use every option available to them as well. The problem with the OP is that he clearly has no social skills, so he has greatly limited himself.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:47 AM

11,819 posts, read 12,070,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't think anyone would disagree that online dating is not for everyone. (It was a great venue for me personally, but I must have the type of personality for it - not everyone does.)

And it should never be the only option used...it is just one of many. People should use every option available to them as well. The problem with the OP is that he clearly has no social skills, so he has greatly limited himself.
I agree with both you and tonylu. If you don't have good social and communication skills, know how to read social cues and body language, it really doesn't matter where you try to find a date.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:14 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,246,040 times
Thread is closed. Gender bashing is not allowed.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:26 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,966,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yeah, dudes that are pretending to be women.

Are you reverse image searching these pictures?
Too bad I was busy when this thread posted. I would have popped popcorn, and poured myself a drink.

I think what the OP did is a very interesting social experiment. If I recall correctly, JJ, you did quite an experiment a while ago.

The thing is, I know guys that get this EXACT response from women, but the guys are the real deal.
Two of my friends start convos with women verbatim, "Hello, what's your phone number, we should talk."

It works for them cause they are hot guys.

So many women claim, "I only give my phone number after messaging x amount of times." "I'm looking for a relationship." "I NEVER have sex on first dates." "I wan a guy to respect me."

The truth is, women are NOT that much different than men. Not as much as society believes. Women have needs, and wants. And women are EXTREMELY visual creatures. Just as visual as men. Women just hide it better. It is part of how we are socialized. Women are raised to have skills in making themselves more appealing to partners by improving their appearance. But they are socialized to pretend that they seek a man who 'will treat them well.' But how many women are with guys that treat them like nothing? Try being an average looking guy and treating a woman poorly. She will bolt faster than you can say "I'm sorry." But if the guy is hot..... Round and round they go.
Men are socialized to believe that hard work, having personality, a decent job, a sense of humor, and treating a woman well, is how to 'fall in love'.

Hot guys do not have to work at all for attention from women. And all rules go out the window. I have literally witnessed it. so. many. times.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:29 AM

752 posts, read 1,167,031 times
I like idea of second profile. I will make profile without shirt and face from back and from front, and set false zip code. Will see what answers I will get.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:54 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,723,037 times
Damn you OP, you catfish SOB!

Old 05-28-2013, 09:58 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,610,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
I created a fake POF profile. A guy with a six pack, a picture of a mercedes, and a bunch of selfies.

Me header reads: "Men have obligations, women have options"

Said I "make a lot of money" and I "work hard and play hard." I like to hit up bars, and I like older women.

Been on for 30 minutes, here is what I found:

-I can message a girl out of the blue and say "whats your number?" and they give it to me
-I can message a girl and say "wanna hang out tonight?" and they say sure
-I have 2 girls sending my risque pictures already

Men (and probably women) who are looking for love on POF. I urge you to stop.

These women sending me sexually explicit messages are college educated, sometimes with Masters degrees. they have no provocative pics, and yet, they are sluts. Unbelieveable, can't trust anyone these days.

WOMEN ARE SHALLOW.
The only thing about any of this that makes me say "wow" is the fact that you apparently had nothing better to do with your time than create a fake POF profile, gather results, post them to us, and shame the people who responded as one would expect them to respond. If they're "sluts," what kind of loser does that make you?

Old 05-28-2013, 10:04 AM

13,667 posts, read 10,063,662 times
This really just shows what society has come to.

Money and muscles, I used to have one of those, but I'm not telling which.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:15 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,610,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
This really just shows what society has come to.
Yeah, because people being attracted to attractive and wealthy people is a new thing.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:18 AM

13,667 posts, read 10,063,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Yeah, because people being attracted to attractive and wealthy people is a new thing.
Did the OP say attractive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships